TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hobby outside of golf

robbo32

I love the game of golf and have been an avid golfer for about 6 years now. However if I am not at the course, watching or reading about golf I am all about my truck. I love trucks and mostly lifted Diesel trucks. I have already had two lifted trucks which have both been chevys and I am on my thrid chevy now. If my money doesn't go towards my truck then it goes to golf and then maybe the girlfriend, I kinda feel bad for her but heck my clubs and truck are not going anywhere.

Just curious if any of you guys out there have smoething else like a hobby/obsession that takes up your time that isn't golf?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I love the game of golf and have been an avid golfer for about 6 years now. However if I am not at the course, watching or reading about golf I am all about my truck. I love trucks and mostly lifted Diesel trucks. I have already had two lifted trucks which have both been chevys and I am on my thrid chevy now. If my money doesn't go towards my truck then it goes to golf and then maybe the girlfriend, I kinda feel bad for her but heck my clubs and truck are not going anywhere.

Just curious if any of you guys out there have smoething else like a hobby/obsession that takes up your time that isn't golf?

I would say Poker and Volleyball! My two favorite, outside of golf, things to do!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Probably doing stuff with my two kids. Not really a hobby, but golf is a real time consumer for me. Living in California, I cam play year round.

If we had winter I would probably figure out something though. I guess going to the gym is kind of a hobby.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I coach basketball, which I'd do even if I wasn't paid, so I'll call it a hobby. I spend lots of time with my new dog and with my wife. And of course, building stuff like this:

You build any golf ball displays, I would love a nice cabinet.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I love movies and used to make it a regular thing to catch a new one every week. Pretty much the same with going to different kinds of concerts and collecting music on CDs.

Now playing with my 3 1/2 year old daughter is pretty much my hobby when I don't play or practice golf.

post some pics...

I love trucks.. I just bought a new Tack with plans to lift eventually, but it seems I always pick expensive hobbies... Here is mine... I haven't been off road with it yet, but when I had my Sonoma Zr2, I went to Paragon a couple times and had some fun... I miss the mud and rocks, and with there were some legal places to wheel closer that 5 hours away...

67837d.jpg

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Don't tell me you get that nice truck dirty... :unsure:

My brother and I have done the Rubicon trail here in Nor Cal a couple of times. It is more his hobby, but I had way more fun than expected. Now he has made the transition to sand cars and quads. I feel better about the $$$ I spend on golf when I look at his hobby costs.

Volvo Intorqueo

yea... it's a truck... If I wanted something to keep on the streets I would have bought a car... It's kinda funny, the couple times I have come home COVERED in mud my wife was pissed and complaining about scratches...

I've got one big scratch from a tree branch and that doesn't bother me at all, but a tiny door ding from the parking lot angers me to no end... kinda ironic...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Outside of golf, it's family, church and TaeKwonDo (that my whole family does).

Guess I should add goofing off on the computer, LOL.

Ok...edited to add: college football, and college sports in general.

• SPY VIP

yea... it's a truck... If I wanted something to keep on the streets I would have bought a car... It's kinda funny, the couple times I have come home COVERED in mud my wife was pissed and complaining about scratches...

I've got one big scratch from a tree branch and that doesn't bother me at all, but a tiny door ding from the parking lot angers me to no end... kinda ironic...

That's because you earned the tree scratch. The door ding is just some moron not paying attention.

Volvo Intorqueo

When I am not on the golf course I am normally either playing softball or volunteering my time to coach baseball. I know this summer I will be occupied coach a 13 year old baseball team in my area. Coaching takes up some time, but it's worth it to spend time with those kids and coach the game I grew up playing.

My true passion is my Daughter. Before she came into my life, I was on the golf course 6-7 days a week. Now I'll be lucky to get out 6-7 times a year. And the great thing is I don't really miss it all that much. (I just have to keep telling myself that.)

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

My first hobby started with my old '96 chevy s10 with a small lift and some 33s but I dont have any pictures. Then came my '05 Silverado with a 4" lift and 33s. Never took it offroad but still loved it lifted. Now I have an '08 Silverado that will be lifted one day but like a lot of people out there I dont have 4-6k to just drop into my truck right now.

IMG_0013-1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• 8 years later...

What's left after golf?

How about half-assed philosophy?

That doesn't take too much effort.

You can do it stretched out on your recliner.

So here goes:

The universe is merely the random confluence of sub-atomic particles moving in the vacuum of infinite space.

Forward infinity is easy to understand.
It's just more of the same forever.

Backwards infinity is impossible to understand.

An original wellspring?
But what was before that?
And even before that?

Fortunately, it doesn't matter.
I'm 72.

Relatively soon, my sub-atomic components will metamorphosize to a form that doesn't sustain thought,
and at that time, my short run will have been completed,
the extent or lack of its significance to be pondered by entities whose own short runs will soon be over as well.

And so it goes.
Forward infinity? Understandable but hardly compelling.
Backward infinity? Unfathomable but still hardly compelling.

That's all that I've got for now.

Why don't you give it a try?

What could be a simpler subject than the meaning of life?

Unless we're sure that it's golf, of course.

On 3/3/2010 at 6:42 PM, mudfish said:

post some pics...

I love trucks.. I just bought a new Tack with plans to lift eventually, but it seems I always pick expensive hobbies... Here is mine... I haven't been off road with it yet, but when I had my Sonoma Zr2, I went to Paragon a couple times and had some fun... I miss the mud and rocks, and with there were some legal places to wheel closer that 5 hours away...

67837d.jpg

Same here, I love trucks.

Ram's are my preferred make blacked out. In fact looking looking at a deal on a 2012 yeasterday.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Pretty nice. I couldn't carry a tune....

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Love cars: here's one that I'm currently working now when not playing golf - which means not much is getting done on it. IMG_2217.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Love cars: here's one that I'm currently working now when not playing golf - which means not much is getting done on it. IMG_2217.thumb.JPG.652234da1e06f50f669af31f3aed3568.JPG

Well are you gonna introduce her? Or do we just have to keep drooling and guess what her name is?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well are you gonna introduce her? Or do we just have to keep drooling and guess what her name is?  Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's a '57 MGA. Not the original color (the original color in the photo below but not the same car) - that one is a 50's ford . At some point we will have it repainted to the original but typical of old English cars it needs lot of work. Needs body work (lots of bondo), we had the frame re welded already. and needs to be re-wired since it still has the old Lucas wiring, connectors etc. The joke around old English cars is the Lucas invented the short circuit.  

Needless to say it'll cost more to restore than it's worth.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpyIMG_2124.thumb.JPG.f19dcc85a039af16997647fbb00577d7.JPG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

That MG A is adorable, but rather than a pristine restoration,

I keep thinking how a modern aluminum block four-banger would propel it.

It's not restored. That's the point - it's in process of being restored. First comes safety = frame re-welded, then comes mechanical = engine and brakes (work in process), then a complete rewire (not done) and then lastly the cosmetics - strip and repaint and lastly upholstery.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

It's not restored. That's the point - it's in process of being restored. First comes safety = frame re-welded, then comes mechanical = engine and brakes (work in process), then a complete rewire (not done) and then lastly the cosmetics - strip and repaint and lastly upholstery.

No, I understood that, Tony.

It's just funny how, for a brief time, i really enjoyed driving a car like that.

Manual gearbox, no amenities,  not even roll up windows,

this from a guy who blows a fuse if his rental doesn't have GPS.

It was fun, maybe because I was young enough to climb in and out of it without needing to call the EMTs afterward.

Love cars: here's one that I'm currently working now when not playing golf - which means not much is getting done on it. IMG_2217.thumb.JPG.652234da1e06f50f669af31f3aed3568.JPG

wow.that is a beaut.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut