Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Francesco Molinari Joins Callaway as a Staff Member

Press Release from Callaway

CARLSBAD, Calif., Mar. 5, 2019 – Today Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) announced that Francesco Molinari, the reigning Open Champion, has joined its Tour Professional Staff. He will play Callaway woods, irons, wedges, an Odyssey Putter, and a Chrome Soft Golf Ball, and he will use a Callaway Staff Bag.

“I am joining Callaway because I’m so impressed by their equipment,” said Molinari. “More than anything, I’m looking forward to playing the new Epic Flash Driver and the Chrome Soft X Golf Ball. The ball speed gains that I’m getting from the driver are unbelievable. And this golf ball is the best one that I’ve ever played. The performance from tee-to-green, especially the feel and control, is exactly what I want.”

This week, Molinari will make his Callaway tournament debut at the Arnold Palmer Invitational on the PGA Tour. He will have all Callaway equipment in his bag for the event, including an Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver, an Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairway Wood, Apex MB 18 Irons, Mack Daddy 4 Wedges, an Odyssey Toulon Madison Putter with a new Stroke Lab Shaft, and a Chrome Soft X Ball.

A native of Turin, Italy, Molinari is coming off a remarkable 2018 campaign, highlighted by his first major win at The Open Championship. He also won the BMW PGA Championship and the Quicken Loans National last year, and he posted a perfect 5-0 record for the victorious European Team at the 2018 Ryder Cup. He enters this week as the 10th ranked player in the world.

You can follow Francesco on Twitter: @F_Molinari and on Instagram: @chiccogolf

Francesco Molinari - Image 2.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Nice addition for the brand- he's not the most charismatic person (quite dull actually to listen to) but a professional on and off the course. 

I wonder what he's being paid to sport a whole bag?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

These kinds of stories are always so interesting. Here's my take: it is tremendously unlikely that, even remaining contract-free, Molinari would be able to duplicate the massively successful year he had last year. This is no knock on him; it is hard to win on the Tour, and sustained top-level success is seen only in the rarest of golfers.

After last year, his brand is probably at peak value. So cashing in with Callaway is more or less hedging your bet on yourself. It's certainly not the boldest play. But it might be the most prudent.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

These kinds of stories are always so interesting. Here's my take: it is tremendously unlikely that, even remaining contract-free, Molinari would be able to duplicate the massively successful year he had last year. This is no knock on him; it is hard to win on the Tour, and sustained top-level success is seen only in the rarest of golfers.

After last year, his brand is probably at peak value. So cashing in with Callaway is more or less hedging your bet on yourself. It's certainly not the boldest play. But it might be the most prudent.

You're over thinking it. He probably just saw MGS most wanted driver.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Sorry shanks

Yeah... when “one of these things ain’t like the other”

Anyone else still think they are getting the same iBlade, MB, CB, P7XX, as these guys?

That’s not a stock car.

Edit: I’d start this debate thread but I’d get stomped on.

Archived