Shankster

Most Interesting Masters Winner 2019?

Most interesting Masters Winner?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the most interesting Masters Winner in 2019?

• Henrik Stenson
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • El Tigre
    • Other (leave in thread)

Afternoon,

A quick poll (my first hope it works).

What storyline would prove to be the most interesting for this years Masters?

If other please leave vote in this thread!  Thanks.

*desktop or mobile site required*

How is Tiger not on the list!?!?

Let me try to fix that... he was supposed to be right under Rory.

Added.

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

emoji848.png

Let me try to fix that... he was supposed to be right under Rory.

ya mean ABOVE Rory 😏😋

• Like 2

I would say Rickie so he sheds the "best to never win" tag.  But no one moves the needle like the Tigre.  Him putting on another green jacket and inching closer to Jack would further the "he's back" storyline. 

--Edited to add the following:

However, a Cameron Champ win would usher in a potential new golden boy.

• Like 1

I was going to leave him off after it didn’t work.

Yeah it would be a great story. The best story, but “no name” winners need a break sometimes right?

I voted Tiger, but here are my top 3:

1. Tiger: This is not only the completion of his comeback, but keeps alive the chasing of Jack. Everything is bigger when Tiger is involved.

2. Rory: The completion of the career Slam is the obvious thing, but also helps to combat the perception that he's failing to cash in on his enormous talent.

3. Jordan: I know he'll have my interest at Augusta. I want Jordan to regain the form he had when it seemed like he just understood how to golf better than anyone else on the planet. A poor finish in the Masters would be enormously unsettling to me as a fan.

• Like 5

Interesting? Kieth Mitchell after seeing the reactions from the Honda lol. Who do I want to win? I think Rickie is at the top of my list followed by Tiger, Justin Rose, Rory, and JT.

Rickie tops my list because it just needs to happen. He needs that first major to finally shake all this stuff about him not being good enough or being a choker whatever. Honestly, I'd probably put Tiger and Rose at a tie for how much I want them to win. I want Tiger to snag another major, but Rose has come so dang close in this tournament before and is always a class act. He deserves a little help from the golf gods to claim a W this year. Rory because it'd complete his grand slam, and then JT because I just like him and wouldn't mind seeing him in the winner's circle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Justin Rose

Rosie would be fun.  Guy is a class act.  Always fun to see the "good guys" get a win.

• Like 3

Tiger would be the hugely popular story, but I would rather see Rickie or Other (DJ) win it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Afternoon,

A quick poll (my first hope it works).

What storyline would prove to be the most interesting for this years Masters?

If other please leave vote in this thread!  Thanks.

*desktop or mobile site required*

Freddy!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

How about Brooks Koepka?  A Masters win in April would be 4 wins in the last 7 major championships in which he's played (he missed the 2018 Masters due to injury).  Winning 4 majors in 7 tries would be a hard story to top!

This poll/thread also plays into the notion that Koepka, despite his recent success, is underrated, undervalued and underappreciated.

• Like 3

Well that wasn’t the point of the thread or poll.

It doesn’t say that anywhere.

I picked a few guys that actually have some sort of emotion while talking. That’s what I meant by interesting.

But yes I agree BK winning 4/7 would be pretty interesting.

• Like 2

John Holmes would be interesting.  They'd have to extend the golf season for Augusta National into the summer months to accommodate his pace of play.  He might still be playing when the women ams are getting ready for next year's Augusta National Women's Amateur, so that would be interesting.

Keith Mitchell would be interesting, because I'd like to see if CBS will follow up with NBC by getting his name wrong when he is contention.  Heck, could we get a newspaper to headline, "NO NAME WINS MASTERS".  In the immortal words of Roberto DiVincenzo, "What a STUPID I am."

Interesting also would be Patton Kizzire.  Would could count the amount of time it takes for him to actually hit a shot.  Wait, are we still waiting on him?

But the ultimate storyline would be Fred Couples winning this thing at 59 years old.  I wouldn't classify this as impossible or improbable either, because Freddy still has game, and he loves Augusta National.  It could happen, and it SHOULD happen.  

Any of the above would be a helluva lot better than Mr. (fake) neck strain winning there again.

51 minutes ago, sixcat said:

How about Brooks Koepka?  A Masters win in April would be 4 wins in the last 7 major championships in which he's played (he missed the 2018 Masters due to injury).  Winning 4 majors in 7 tries would be a hard story to top!

This poll/thread also plays into the notion that Koepka, despite his recent success, is underrated, undervalued and underappreciated.

I wanted to keep my list of top picks to win relatively short, but Koepka would be in my top-10 for sure. I personally like him. I'd certainly rather him over Bryson - I still just can't get behind that guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Well that wasn’t the point of the thread or poll.

It doesn’t say that anywhere.

I picked a few guys that actually have some sort of emotion while talking. That’s what I meant by interesting.

But yes I agree BK winning 4/7 would be pretty interesting.

My point wasn't to be a smarta** even though my post kinda reads that way.  Koepka has admitted to being pissed because he feels he is often overlooked.  Seemed fitting!

For me personally, BK winning 4 out of 7 would be monumental.  Especially for a guy that seems apathetic toward regular Tour events.  I couldn't imagine a more interesting outcome.

• Like 1

I'd personally like to see Dustin finally win a green jacket. This must be about his 10th go at it. But, given the recent back and forth U.S. and international winners, a Fleetwood, Rham, or Rose win is likely.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I wanted to keep my list of top picks to win relatively short, but Koepka would be in my top-10 for sure. I personally like him. I'd certainly rather him over Bryson - I still just can't get behind that guy. 

Not a "BAD" fan.....at all!  If I wanted to support petulant, tone-deaf narcissists, I would have a relationship with my brother-in-law!

• Haha 1