TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most Interesting Masters Winner 2019?

Most interesting Masters Winner?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the most interesting Masters Winner in 2019?

• Henrik Stenson
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • El Tigre
    • Other (leave in thread)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

emoji848.png

Let me try to fix that... he was supposed to be right under Rory.

ya mean ABOVE Rory 😏😋

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I would say Rickie so he sheds the "best to never win" tag.  But no one moves the needle like the Tigre.  Him putting on another green jacket and inching closer to Jack would further the "he's back" storyline. 

--Edited to add the following:

However, a Cameron Champ win would usher in a potential new golden boy.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I voted Tiger, but here are my top 3:

1. Tiger: This is not only the completion of his comeback, but keeps alive the chasing of Jack. Everything is bigger when Tiger is involved.

2. Rory: The completion of the career Slam is the obvious thing, but also helps to combat the perception that he's failing to cash in on his enormous talent.

3. Jordan: I know he'll have my interest at Augusta. I want Jordan to regain the form he had when it seemed like he just understood how to golf better than anyone else on the planet. A poor finish in the Masters would be enormously unsettling to me as a fan.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Interesting? Kieth Mitchell after seeing the reactions from the Honda lol. Who do I want to win? I think Rickie is at the top of my list followed by Tiger, Justin Rose, Rory, and JT.

Rickie tops my list because it just needs to happen. He needs that first major to finally shake all this stuff about him not being good enough or being a choker whatever. Honestly, I'd probably put Tiger and Rose at a tie for how much I want them to win. I want Tiger to snag another major, but Rose has come so dang close in this tournament before and is always a class act. He deserves a little help from the golf gods to claim a W this year. Rory because it'd complete his grand slam, and then JT because I just like him and wouldn't mind seeing him in the winner's circle.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Justin Rose

Rosie would be fun.  Guy is a class act.  Always fun to see the "good guys" get a win.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Tiger would be the hugely popular story, but I would rather see Rickie or Other (DJ) win it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Afternoon,

A quick poll (my first hope it works).

What storyline would prove to be the most interesting for this years Masters?

If other please leave vote in this thread!  Thanks.

*desktop or mobile site required*

Freddy!

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

29 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

Freddy!

Kruger?

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

How about Brooks Koepka?  A Masters win in April would be 4 wins in the last 7 major championships in which he's played (he missed the 2018 Masters due to injury).  Winning 4 majors in 7 tries would be a hard story to top!

This poll/thread also plays into the notion that Koepka, despite his recent success, is underrated, undervalued and underappreciated.

Well that wasn’t the point of the thread or poll.

It doesn’t say that anywhere.

I picked a few guys that actually have some sort of emotion while talking. That’s what I meant by interesting.

But yes I agree BK winning 4/7 would be pretty interesting.

John Holmes would be interesting.  They'd have to extend the golf season for Augusta National into the summer months to accommodate his pace of play.  He might still be playing when the women ams are getting ready for next year's Augusta National Women's Amateur, so that would be interesting.

Keith Mitchell would be interesting, because I'd like to see if CBS will follow up with NBC by getting his name wrong when he is contention.  Heck, could we get a newspaper to headline, "NO NAME WINS MASTERS".  In the immortal words of Roberto DiVincenzo, "What a STUPID I am."

Interesting also would be Patton Kizzire.  Would could count the amount of time it takes for him to actually hit a shot.  Wait, are we still waiting on him?

But the ultimate storyline would be Fred Couples winning this thing at 59 years old.  I wouldn't classify this as impossible or improbable either, because Freddy still has game, and he loves Augusta National.  It could happen, and it SHOULD happen.  

Any of the above would be a helluva lot better than Mr. (fake) neck strain winning there again.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

51 minutes ago, sixcat said:

How about Brooks Koepka?  A Masters win in April would be 4 wins in the last 7 major championships in which he's played (he missed the 2018 Masters due to injury).  Winning 4 majors in 7 tries would be a hard story to top!

This poll/thread also plays into the notion that Koepka, despite his recent success, is underrated, undervalued and underappreciated.

I wanted to keep my list of top picks to win relatively short, but Koepka would be in my top-10 for sure. I personally like him. I'd certainly rather him over Bryson - I still just can't get behind that guy. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Well that wasn’t the point of the thread or poll.

It doesn’t say that anywhere.

I picked a few guys that actually have some sort of emotion while talking. That’s what I meant by interesting.

But yes I agree BK winning 4/7 would be pretty interesting.

My point wasn't to be a smarta** even though my post kinda reads that way.  Koepka has admitted to being pissed because he feels he is often overlooked.  Seemed fitting!

For me personally, BK winning 4 out of 7 would be monumental.  Especially for a guy that seems apathetic toward regular Tour events.  I couldn't imagine a more interesting outcome.

I'd personally like to see Dustin finally win a green jacket. This must be about his 10th go at it. But, given the recent back and forth U.S. and international winners, a Fleetwood, Rham, or Rose win is likely.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

42 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I wanted to keep my list of top picks to win relatively short, but Koepka would be in my top-10 for sure. I personally like him. I'd certainly rather him over Bryson - I still just can't get behind that guy. 

Not a "BAD" fan.....at all!  If I wanted to support petulant, tone-deaf narcissists, I would have a relationship with my brother-in-law!

Not a "BAD" fan.....at all!  If I wanted to support petulant, tone-deaf narcissists, I would have a relationship with my brother-in-law!

Sure you’re not talking about Poults there? Or Bubba perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My point wasn't to be a smarta** even though my post kinda reads that way.  Koepka has admitted to being pissed because he feels he is often overlooked.  Seemed fitting!
For me personally, BK winning 4 out of 7 would be monumental.  Especially for a guy that seems apathetic toward regular Tour events.  I couldn't imagine a more interesting outcome.

I agree. He’s a “Major” player. Back to back US Opens, and 2 in one year.

I like his style of play, he’s just so flat like his buddy DJ.

Sorry, I’ve been watching a lot of highlights from the Jack, Johnny, and Seve era. There was a lot more flair and like able attitudes.

Not discrediting BK, or DJ’s play. They both are on tour and I can only dream of playing near scratch.

Haha.

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Tiger would be the hugely popular story, but I would rather see Rickie or Other (DJ) win it.

Seconded. My thoughts exactly. I lean towards DJ but would love to see Rickie win it as well. And of course Tiger would be the biggest headline...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Harold Varner III.

Relatively unknown. Huge personality. Extremely likable. Hard working, "blue-collar" air about his game. Cinderella story.

I really like him a lot and root for him whenever he is in the field. I believe he did very well last year at the Players..?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Harold Varner III.
Relatively unknown. Huge personality. Extremely likable. Hard working, "blue-collar" air about his game. Cinderella story.
I really like him a lot and root for him whenever he is in the field. I believe he did very well last year at the Players..?

Sleeper threat for sure. Will he put 4 rounds together?

I agree that wins by Jordan, Tiger or Rickie would be huge, but in a selection I'm sure is going to endear me to most of the forum, I'm going for Bryson. The idea of him leaving pins in and dropping putts while science-ing his way to a green jacket would bring all the takes and perhaps finally show that he's more than what some people think as a sideshow or a flash in the pan. Give me Bryson!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sleeper threat for sure. Will he put 4 rounds together?

He hasn't yet of course, but I think one day he will for sure...Now at the Masters? Odds are not, which is why he's my dark horse pick. I'm truly going to be a "Rickie" guy this year though. That kid would surely be a true and proper man to wear that green jacket with respect. Imagine the scene on the final hole if he were able to pull it off...Gets me a little misty just thinking about it...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

He hasn't yet of course, but I think one day he will for sure...Now at the Masters? Odds are not, which is why he's my dark horse pick. I'm truly going to be a "Rickie" guy this year though. That kid would surely be a true and proper man to wear that green jacket with respect. Imagine the scene on the final hole if he were able to pull it off...Gets me a little misty just thinking about it...

Rickie robbed himself last year. I want to erase that one from my memory.

Geesh, I get misty thinking about how Seve never got to really say goodbye to the fans. Fell off the map, got sick... didn’t get a proper send off for a 5 time major winner, and 90 wins world wide. Record owner EuropeanTour wins...

Rickie is a stand up dude. A true gentleman, he needs to look his opponent in the eye say good luck but inside be wanting to smash them. (I’m sure he does).

I've a feeling about Rickie and this years Open in Ireland👏

Ricky gets a lot of bad rep stuff as not being a closer and unable to seal the deal.  A green jacket could go a long way to ending that rhetoric.  Go Ricky!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Archived