Shankster

Most Interesting Masters Winner 2019?

Most interesting Masters Winner?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the most interesting Masters Winner in 2019?

• Henrik Stenson
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • El Tigre
    • Other (leave in thread)

Not a "BAD" fan.....at all!  If I wanted to support petulant, tone-deaf narcissists, I would have a relationship with my brother-in-law!

Sure you’re not talking about Poults there? Or Bubba perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

My point wasn't to be a smarta** even though my post kinda reads that way.  Koepka has admitted to being pissed because he feels he is often overlooked.  Seemed fitting!
For me personally, BK winning 4 out of 7 would be monumental.  Especially for a guy that seems apathetic toward regular Tour events.  I couldn't imagine a more interesting outcome.

I agree. He’s a “Major” player. Back to back US Opens, and 2 in one year.

I like his style of play, he’s just so flat like his buddy DJ.

Sorry, I’ve been watching a lot of highlights from the Jack, Johnny, and Seve era. There was a lot more flair and like able attitudes.

Not discrediting BK, or DJ’s play. They both are on tour and I can only dream of playing near scratch.

Haha.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Tiger would be the hugely popular story, but I would rather see Rickie or Other (DJ) win it.

Seconded. My thoughts exactly. I lean towards DJ but would love to see Rickie win it as well. And of course Tiger would be the biggest headline...

• Like 2

Harold Varner III.

Relatively unknown. Huge personality. Extremely likable. Hard working, "blue-collar" air about his game. Cinderella story.

I really like him a lot and root for him whenever he is in the field. I believe he did very well last year at the Players..?

• Like 1

Harold Varner III.
Relatively unknown. Huge personality. Extremely likable. Hard working, "blue-collar" air about his game. Cinderella story.
I really like him a lot and root for him whenever he is in the field. I believe he did very well last year at the Players..?

Sleeper threat for sure. Will he put 4 rounds together?
  • Like 1

I agree that wins by Jordan, Tiger or Rickie would be huge, but in a selection I'm sure is going to endear me to most of the forum, I'm going for Bryson. The idea of him leaving pins in and dropping putts while science-ing his way to a green jacket would bring all the takes and perhaps finally show that he's more than what some people think as a sideshow or a flash in the pan. Give me Bryson!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sleeper threat for sure. Will he put 4 rounds together?

He hasn't yet of course, but I think one day he will for sure...Now at the Masters? Odds are not, which is why he's my dark horse pick. I'm truly going to be a "Rickie" guy this year though. That kid would surely be a true and proper man to wear that green jacket with respect. Imagine the scene on the final hole if he were able to pull it off...Gets me a little misty just thinking about it...

• Like 1

He hasn't yet of course, but I think one day he will for sure...Now at the Masters? Odds are not, which is why he's my dark horse pick. I'm truly going to be a "Rickie" guy this year though. That kid would surely be a true and proper man to wear that green jacket with respect. Imagine the scene on the final hole if he were able to pull it off...Gets me a little misty just thinking about it...

Rickie robbed himself last year. I want to erase that one from my memory.

Geesh, I get misty thinking about how Seve never got to really say goodbye to the fans. Fell off the map, got sick... didn’t get a proper send off for a 5 time major winner, and 90 wins world wide. Record owner EuropeanTour wins...

Rickie is a stand up dude. A true gentleman, he needs to look his opponent in the eye say good luck but inside be wanting to smash them. (I’m sure he does).
  • Love 1

Ricky gets a lot of bad rep stuff as not being a closer and unable to seal the deal.  A green jacket could go a long way to ending that rhetoric.  Go Ricky!

• Like 2

What?  No love for Patrick Reed to defend?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Water.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Water. emoji6.png

Other than El Tigre, tell me that PR wouldn't be the most interesting storyline that would be talked about ad nauseam in the forum.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

None. At. All.

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

Other than El Tigre, tell me that PR wouldn't be the most interesting storyline that would be talked about ad nauseam in the forum.

I’d have to remove myself from the golf interwebs for a bit if he won again.

I voted Tiger, but here are my top 3:
1. Tiger: This is not only the completion of his comeback, but keeps alive the chasing of Jack. Everything is bigger when Tiger is involved.
2. Rory: The completion of the career Slam is the obvious thing, but also helps to combat the perception that he's failing to cash in on his enormous talent.
3. Jordan: I know he'll have my interest at Augusta. I want Jordan to regain the form he had when it seemed like he just understood how to golf better than anyone else on the planet. A poor finish in the Masters would be enormously unsettling to me as a fan.

I'm also a Jordan fan, and would like to see him get back to his winning ways. If there's a tournament where he's likely to win, it's this one.
However, with that said, I think it's Rickie's time. But then again, Lefty is always down for some great play at Augusta. I would like to see Tiger in the hunt as well, hopefully he has a quick recovery.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Harold Varner III.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/invitees_2019.html

Well, unless he wins a tournament between now and the week before the Masters, or cracks the Top 50 in the world by the week before the Masters (currently #150) your pick would be one helluva story, because he's not even in the field of invitees currently.  🙄

(He had a T7 at the Players last year, FYI  http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=16602)

• Like 3

It’s hard to root against Rose, especially with how well he plays at Augusta. Personally, I want to see another Immelman, Reed, Willett or Charl win. Let’s see the relatively unknown less popular guys pull it off.

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It’s hard to root against Rose, especially with how well he plays at Augusta. Personally, I want to see another Immelman, Reed, Willett or Charl win. Let’s see the relatively unknown less popular guys pull it off.

no thank you. Classless annoying player who showed no respect whatsoever when he 'won' - handed to him - the Masters previously.

His treatment of Zach Johnson at The Open in St Andrews was embarrassing.