TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Season Opening setup - possibly a few changes throughout the year...

Here is the 2019 Setup for the start of this year:

• Ping G30 10.5 w/ Tour 65 Stiff
  • Ping G30 5 wood w/ Tour 80 Stiff
  • Ping G30 3 and 5 Hybrid w/ Tour 80 Stiff
  • Titleist AP2 714 5-GW w/ KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Vokey SM5 54 & 58 S Grind
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Select
  • Titleist Pro V1X

This has basically been my setup for the past 2 years, and I don't see any significant changes happening this year.

I was fit at Spargo Golf in Cranston, RI after winning a fantasy football league and decided to treat myself to a proper new set of clubs.

There are a few things I'd like to do that may or may not lead to changes this year:

1. I am going back to Spargo soon for a putter fitting.  While I love the look and feel of my Newport (it is the black mist version Newport with no alignment aids on the head) I want to make sure I have the lenght/loft/lie and weight all dialed in for the year.  Makes sense to do it since its the most used club in the bag!  Unless he shows me something that blows the Newport out of the water I will just me adjusting the spec of it.  I grew up using a Odyssey Rossie and tried everything from big and small mallets to face and toe balances blades.. blah blah blah this and that... at the end of the day, I felt most confident lining up with the simple Newport, using the line on my ball, and focusing on hitting the ball in that direction.  The fitting should be an excellent experiment to show if what I think I see and feel is actually where I'm lined up/stroking the ball to.
  2. My cousin owns a driving range and while I was fit into the G30 with tour shaft it was kind of being half fit.  I already had the G30, and we switched from the stock TFC shaft (I think that's what it was) and moved to the Tour 65.  I certainly hit it well, probably better than I should with some swings, but I don't really know what my launch/spin numbers are of if I am close to being optimized.  So, I'll be taking a ride to see him a few times as he said I can jump on the flightscope they have with the pro just to see where I'm at.  If something is drastically wrong and I can gain significant distance/accuracy I'll look into that.  Probably won't be anything current though, likely something between the G30 and current line of clubs.
  3. Grips! I've used the Lamkin Crossline on most of my clubs for the past 4 years.  A few have that NDMC's and recently one had the newer MCC+4.   I think I am going to get the MCC+4 all down the line for this season.  The lamkin's didn't seem to fair as well last year.

Well there you have it.  Feel free to comment with suggestions or critique, I can handle it! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

Was cleaning out the bag getting ready for this season.

I like to collect yardage books when they’re available, got a pretty good stack now. Might have to leave them out unless I’m heading to that course.

57456071344__CD4514A0-C556-4B08-819F-08328AEB2289.jpg

All ready for this season now!

RenderedImage.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I'd be interested in the reason for carrying a 5 hybrid and a 5 iron. Always like hearing the thought that goes into other people's bags.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Hey, I did it strictly to fill in my yardage gaps. I hit the 5 hybrid 15 or so yards further than the 5 iron. It looks a little odd, but I wanted it to slot in as a 4 iron distance for longer approach shots where they hybrid helps
Launch a little higher and hold the greens better.

In all honestly I probably hit the 5 iron about 7 times a year on the course, for some reason I’m not at that yardage often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived