TESTERS WANTED! ×

Line On Your Golf Ball?

joen

Does anyone draw a line on their golf ball?  I know some people claim it doesn’t help, but I personally find it helpful for alignment.  Anyways, I always find the line I draw with a sharpie to be less than straight.....it wears off significantly in a round....you get marks on your club faces (I know...first world problem.). I got six dozen golf balls with the imprinted alignment aid from golfballs.com.   I really like this imprinted on the golf ball as it eliminates all the problems that I previously mentioned. Just thought if anyone else uses a line, you might want to check them out.   By the way, I do not work for nor do I have any financial interest in golf balls.com. Lol. 

F28D19C1-927D-4E98-91C3-F1930335CF12.png

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Yes, I like this idea a lot. I always align the line while putting so I can focus on speed and forget about the line. It is a little annoying having to redraw the line after a few holes, but it doesn't bother me too much.  I do think this is a viable product that I MAY try in the future. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I not only use the line for putting, I also use it when on the tee. I started doing it for putting and found that my alignment and aimpoint was considerably more consistent. After making the turn during a terrible driving round I decided to use the line on the tee to try to eliminate alignment thoughts when addressing the ball. My driving accuracy has greatly improved since that round. I found it also helps to visualize my swing path through the ball if I absolutely need to hit a draw or fade.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

So, as mentioned, the test that MGS did a few years ago shows no real statistical advantage for the line, but I too am a line guy. I don't draw one on there, I use the company stamp or my own text from a personalization to line it up. For example, I love the Truvis from Chrome Soft, but when the pattern interferes with the line it bugs me something fierce.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I’ve started experimenting with different lines. A single long line and even a “T” for aim and face square.

It seems to help but the ball really starts to look messy with Make, Model, #, and lines on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Having a bad knee has made using a line nearly impossible.  I can't get into a squat and line the line up for the putt.  I did for years.  Now that I have stopped using the line I have changed my putting style.  I read my putts by going to the low point on the line and looking back to find the point on the cup where the ball has to enter.  I look at that spot and gage how high above that line I have to aim for the ball to enter at my spot.  Then I stroke the putt.   I make way more putts now than I did when I putted with a line.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I use a line.  Tried going without for a while and my putts per green went up.   I draw it with a sharpie and it generally holds up most of the round.  If it gets too faded,  I just put the ball back in the template and redraw.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I used to use a line, but now don't bother with it.  I do line up the logo in general direction, but it's more for a focal point than a path.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'm the opposite. I like to see nothing so I turn the ball when putting so it's a clean area I look at. Anything else is just distracting.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I'm the opposite. I like to see nothing so I turn the ball when putting so it's a clean area I look at. Anything else is just distracting.

Same.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I like it. That’s like the totally opposite of just about all the responses. Does it bother you on full shots where you can’t move the ball and are stuck with the distraction of the logo?  

Right Handed. 

Tried the line but I found myself constantly second guessing what I was looking at. Much easier for me without it.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

10 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I not only use the line for putting, I also use it when on the tee. I started doing it for putting and found that my alignment and aimpoint was considerably more consistent. After making the turn during a terrible driving round I decided to use the line on the tee to try to eliminate alignment thoughts when addressing the ball. My driving accuracy has greatly improved since that round. I found it also helps to visualize my swing path through the ball if I absolutely need to hit a draw or fade.

I'll have to try that. Up to this point I've just just it for putting. I draw my own line vs. buying balls with line on them already - they seem to last several rounds. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I do this with the logo or text, but for a slightly different reason. If I place the text/logo slighting back left (I'm a righty), it reminds me to come a little from the inside to get a small draw. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 hours ago, joen said:

I like it. That’s like the totally opposite of just about all the responses. Does it bother you on full shots where you can’t move the ball and are stuck with the distraction of the logo?  

With driver I move it so it's 'clean', with any other shots it doesn't bother me. It's the fact I can adjust it on the green and it suits my preference but if I had to putt with a logo or line I would, I just prefer not to.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I used to be a line player all the time. But late last season I mixed it up and just started placing the logo of the ball perpendicular to my start line. It helped me square up my clubface so much better as I had a tendency to setup a little right 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Depending on the green, I use the manufacturer's line for putting.   If there's a good spot 6" - 8" in front of the ball on my intended line I can use that to start the putt.  If there isn't a spot I can focus on, I'll use the line to make sure I get lined up.  I can't seem to get my head located so I'm seeing the line properly, it always looks further right than it is.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I tried it for awhile and I still suck at putting, so being that I am as lazy as Fred Couples admits to being (he told Feherty, "I do a lot of nothing, and I am VERY good at it.") I just stopped doing it.  I still have the sharpies and the ball alignment tool in my bag.  Maybe if I am bored one day and waiting on your group to clear in front of me I can color lines on my golf balls again.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I used to draw a line all the way around my ball to use for alignment. I stopped 3 years ago to test whether it was helping me or not.

I have not gone back to the line since I am putting better. I also think no line speeds up play. I see too many guys fiddling with the ball trying to get it in the exact alignment and taking way too long to get the shot off. 

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9.0*    3-Wd: Taylormade M1-3HL    Hybrid: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 - 18*    Irons: Callaway Apex CF-19 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 50, 56, 58    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider    Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

I'm not a line guy. I used to be, but I found that I always had to feel like it was lined up perfectly and it drove me crazy. Despite no longer gaming the SPIDER Tour putter, the one thing I liked about that was no alignment aid on top. Felt like I was more free when I was putting. I was more focused on my intended line and putting a good stroke on the ball as opposed to making sure the putter and the ball was lined up.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

11 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I agree 100% I turn my ball so see nothing. I have tried to use a line off the tee, again it seems too distracting to me so I put the ball with a blank side up.... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

https://www.adamyounggolf.com/putting-study/

This is an older article and the study was very small but it is very interesting to read. It is amazing the difference between perception and reality. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

https://www.adamyounggolf.com/putting-study/

This is an older article and the study was very small but it is very interesting to read. It is amazing the difference between perception and reality. 

That is fascinating!  Thank you for posting that!  I have never seen that study. 

Right Handed. 

1 hour ago, joen said:

That is fascinating!  Thank you for posting that!  I have never seen that study. 

He posted it on Twitter the other day, first time I had seen it. It’s pretty eye opening. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

14 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

He posted it on Twitter the other day, first time I had seen it. It’s pretty eye opening. 

After reading that study, it made me feel like putting is very similar to pin the tail on the donkey.  Maybe I would do better blindfolded. Lol. 

Right Handed. 

I've done it, but then I never end up lining it up with it, so I don't even waste my time anymore. My alignment comes from my eyes... Which has worked out well for me so far!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, deejaid said:

I’ve started experimenting with different lines. A single long line and even a “T” for aim and face square.

It seems to help but the ball really starts to look messy with Make, Model, #, and lines on it.

I've been using a T on the ball for the last 6-7 years and have become a better putter because of it.  I get my intended line, aim the T on that line, square the putter to the line, then stroke the ball.  I don't second guess at all, because I am not looking at the ball after I square the putter; I'm looking at the hole.  He's a pic of the Nike putter I reviewed for the MGS forum a few years ago.

IMG_4331.jpg.0e972b851ed6b5830da9896f6376d8cd.jpg

Now my wife is one that doesn't like to see anything on the ball when she putts.  Makes it very interesting when we play a Chapman.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I use a line on short (15' and shorter) putts, but I don't like anything on long putts. Long putts are more about pace and if I've got a line, then I focus a bit more on direction and my speed suffers a bit. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

13 hours ago, joen said:

After reading that study, it made me feel like putting is very similar to pin the tail on the donkey.  Maybe I would do better blindfolded. Lol. 

Yes, just further proof that putting is really hard. I posted it in this thread because everyone does something different, as with all golf in general. But it is a matter of doing something you believe will work. 

Two takeaways

1) Practice green reading and then add more break than you think.

2) Commit. Commit to your read and then commit to your line. 

7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Yes, just further proof that putting is really hard. I posted it in this thread because everyone does something different, as with all golf in general. But it is a matter of doing something you believe will work. 

Two takeaways

1) Practice green reading and then add more break than you think.

2) Commit. Commit to your read and then commit to your line. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking since reading that study. On my golf trip to Florida in a little over a week I am going to do half of the eight rounds without using the line and the other half using the line like I have for the past twenty something years. I track my strokes gained in both putting and the rest of my game. I want to see if there is a difference. I know this is only a study of one and statistically speaking is totally worthless....but the study involves me....and I want to see if there is a difference between the two.  I will report back. 

And your takeaway summarizes it perfectly. 

Right Handed.