TheWahoo

Just a note to my MGS friends

So purchase a tablet and hook into the internet, plenty of free WiFi out there, McDonalds, Starbucks, Chikfila, etc.

You can spend a couple bucks by going to a pawn shop and getting a used tablet/iPad.

We miss ya, Wahoo!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Just now, fozcycle said:

So purchase a tablet and hook into the internet, plenty of free WiFi out there, McDonalds, Starbucks, Chikfila, etc.

You can spend a couple bucks by going to a pawn shop and getting a used tablet/iPad.

I second this- just found out a used iPad 3 is only about $40. I still use one everyday for T'interweb, youtube, Netflix and movies.

• Like 2

Congrats @TheWahoo on your retirement! Well deserved, I hope you enjoy every minute.  Glad to see you pop back in, hope you can find a way to get back on more often!

• Like 2

Good luck! You’re doing something similar to what I wish to do once my retirement days are here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWahoo said:

It's been a while since I have posted.   On January 1. I became a retired Virginia Gentleman.    My participation on this site was available through the use of my office computer that I no longer have daily access.   Due to my computer illiteracy, without its use, one could say that I am "off the grid".    Occasionally, such as today,  I am asked to come in to assist in projects that I was involved.  So I thought I would take this opportunity to say hi and to let you know how much I will miss my daily discussions with my MGS friends.  

The bad news is that I am "off the grid", the good news is that my retirement plans have been realized.   Specifically, my desire to do something associated with golf during my retirement.    I now work part time at a local Annapolis golf shop called Dukes Golf.   To say that I enjoy the experience would be an understatement, the interactions with fellow golfers is better than I expected and I am learning a lot about golf equipment.  The one thing I have come to know is how much I don't know.    

Congratulations on retirement!  If I'm ever near Annapolis, I will swing by Dukes Golf and buy you a Virginia Gentleman on the rocks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

We miss ya, Wahoo!

Foz...MDGolfHacker and I have offered many times to go Ipad shopping with him and get him everything he needs to stay connected.   the good thing is I know where Dukes is and it's not far from my course.  I'll be popping in there and not leaving him alone until he gets back online.....maybe even buy a thing or two while I'm there...ha

5 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

I'm leaving the office now and want to thank everyone for their well wishes, suggestions and comments.  Darn, I'm going to miss this place.  The next time, I'm asked to come in for any reason I will check in.

I have purchased a laptop and now need to find out what to do with it and how to do it    I wish all my MSG friends the best and hope to be back sometime on a regular basis.   Until then, enjoy the game, appreciate that you can and do play the game and your fellow golfers. I don't know if its because the game attracts good people or creates good people, but it is my experience that the vast majority of golfers are good people.

I don't know why I'm quoting this as you wont' see it...LOL

But we will definitely get togther, get you connected online, I'll come to Dukes and buy some gear and you can come out to CP for several rounds this year.

Just remember, you're supposed to sell customers equipment, not entertain them with jokes all day...ha

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheWahoo said:

It's been a while since I have posted.   On January 1. I became a retired Virginia Gentleman.    My participation on this site was available through the use of my office computer that I no longer have daily access.   Due to my computer illiteracy, without its use, one could say that I am "off the grid".    Occasionally, such as today,  I am asked to come in to assist in projects that I was involved.  So I thought I would take this opportunity to say hi and to let you know how much I will miss my daily discussions with my MGS friends.  

The bad news is that I am "off the grid", the good news is that my retirement plans have been realized.   Specifically, my desire to do something associated with golf during my retirement.    I now work part time at a local Annapolis golf shop called Dukes Golf.   To say that I enjoy the experience would be an understatement, the interactions with fellow golfers is better than I expected and I am learning a lot about golf equipment.  The one thing I have come to know is how much I don't know.    

Congrats on your retirement! I was wondering what happened to you. FYI don't spend too many of those hard earned retirement dollars in the shop 😁

Blessings on that retirement and here's hoping you learn enough about that laptop to pop in more frequently.  You are missed around here.

• Like 2

Congratulations on retirement!!  I hope yours is as nice as I found mine 3 years ago.

Now that you have a laptop; it's not that hard.   🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congrats on the retirement.  There's plenty of technical support available to help you keep in touch.  We'll be glad if you do.

Congratulations on your retirement mate.

Congrats and good luck with the laptop 

@TheWahoo Congrats on your retirement! I hope to do what you're now doing someday, but I would probably be itching to get out on the course rather than just work in the shop. It's obvious that you've made an impact while on MGS, so I hope to see you on here more in the future. Enjoy your time and hit'em straight.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the retirement and being able to do what you want to do!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the retirement Wahoo! Next time I'm down bothering CG2 at his course...i'll have to pop over to the golf shop. Always looking for an excuse to go into a store that sells golf clubs haha.

• Haha 1