PMookie

PMookie pulls the trigger on a DRIVER!

great write up, thanks for sharing this

• Like 1

Glad you found the perfect driver.  

• Like 1

Excellent.  Glad you wrote it up, and I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

• Like 1

Good on you for calling him out. I had the same experience a few cycles ago and instead of letting him make it right I said nah, that 913D3 looks pretty good. Have a nice day. I will say that Every. Single. Titleist. Rep I have dealt with has been the consummate professional.

Speaking of reps, please let me share this story from 2004. I still tell it because it makes me laugh.

An old PITA member who was needy as all heck would bother us every day following a demo day where the MAC golf Rep sold him one of those hole in the sole drivers. He said he wasn’t getting any gains on his driver.

The rep returned one month later and they met on the range. This guy was a miserable old man and laid into the rep.

The rep said hit some balls and show me.

Five balls later the rep looks at this old guy and says sir, you have two zippers on your knees, you can’t stand straight for more than five minutes without needing a break and you’re all arms. You’re old and your body just doesn’t work like you think. What do you want me to tell you?

The old guy laughed out loud and shook his hand. You’re honest, I can do business with someone like you.

Problem was solved.

Congrats on the new driver

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Great write up, and good on you for bringing your current gamers and demanding to see the true data. Too many people run to a demo day, hit something they think is awesome, and then realize it's no better (or even worse) than their gamer.

• Like 1

Great to hear about your somewhat positive experiences at most of the reps (well about half). I too fell in love with the TS3 but I had my fitting before the rest of the equipment came out. I hit the g410 today as well as the mizuno and the g410 could be a contender but I will definitely give the TS3 a lot of play before I made a switch. Hoping I can get lucky enough to be selected for the testing this year but it’s such a long shot.
Good luck with your 290 carries this year straight down the fairway. Going to make it a lot more fun and lower rounds it sounds like!

• Like 1

Great to hear about your somewhat positive experiences at most of the reps (well about half). I too fell in love with the TS3 but I had my fitting before the rest of the equipment came out. I hit the g410 today as well as the mizuno and the g410 could be a contender but I will definitely give the TS3 a lot of play before I made a switch. Hoping I can get lucky enough to be selected for the testing this year but it’s such a long shot.
Good luck with your 290 carries this year straight down the fairway. Going to make it a lot more fun and lower rounds it sounds like!

The Ping rep has been around for 15 years, and is a really good guy, he just doesn’t bring his monitor and I think it hurts him sales-wise. I was really wanting numbers from the 410! By-the-way, he said Ping announced the 410 LST will be available in June. He said it’s showing to have 300-400 less spin than the 410 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

@PMookie Please let me know how much you want for the G400 Max head, I might be interested.  Thank you.

[mention=2567]PMookie[/mention] Please let me know how much you want for the G400 Max head, I might be interested.  Thank you.

Sent you a PM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Sent you a PM.

Got it, thanks.  Great write-up by the way, really good info to go off of.

• Like 2

Good stuff mook!  Glad you found your boom stick.  That's pretty darn good - 290 carry and straight!

In this day and age I cannot understand for the life of me why reps don't bring some sort of launch monitor to a demo day...doesn't need to be a 50k machine, but something to give an idea on what the data says.  Golf has become so data driven that it's not enough to just say whether or not it felt good and went straight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

In this day and age I cannot understand for the life of me why reps don't bring some sort of launch monitor to a demo day...doesn't need to be a 50k machine, but something to give an idea on what the data says.  Golf has become so data driven that it's not enough to just say whether or not it felt good and went straight.

Seems weird to me too. They put themselves at a major disadvantage and PM made them pay for it. Shame, shame, shame...

• Like 1

Thanks for the great write-up and congrats on the new toy!

• Like 1

Thanks for the write up @PMookie.  Great hearing tales from the field at one of these events.  Glad you found a winner.   Any reason you didn't make it down to the Wilson rep?

• Like 1

Thanks for the write up [mention=2567]PMookie[/mention].  Great hearing tales from the field at one of these events.  Glad you found a winner.   Any reason you didn't make it down to the Wilson rep?

I had already hit their red driver months ago, and wasn’t interested in the D7 based on how it’s built. I don’t want anything that will go left, at all, so being able to adjust the driver, along with weighting is a must.

• Like 1

Yeaaaaaa mooks! T S S Q U A D

Yep! Didn’t think it was gonna happen! Crazy!