PMookie

PMookie pulls the trigger on a DRIVER!

Our Sponsors

I wish shops/ranges by me had demo days like this :( I'll keep an eye on for your max if/when I can secure funds (stupid house buying), was fit into the max with xstiff kk shaft. Enjoy your new driver!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My driver is something that I want to either change or get it properly fitted sometime in the next 12 months. My usual problem with it is the shaft doesn't quite give me optimal spin numbers unless I'm swinging as hard as I can - which isn't very often. I found that an X-Stiff shaft does tend to give me better numbers as a result, along with a more forgiving head. 

It was a bit sad to see that one of the reps acted that way by hiding your numbers - good thing you called him on it. Whilst I've never had that issue before, some of the reps at the golf stores I go to for club testing do give me the impression that I'm wasting their time. I can understand why when the store's busy, but not when there's only 2-3 people in the place! 

• Like 2

Wow, new hmPro’s, and now a new TS3. Sounds like you wasted a lot of money on new irons tho. Seems with that driver all you need is a 60° sub70 wedge in black, and you’re good to go...😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great write up Mook and congrats on the new stick!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Nice write up.  Glad you found a match. Those are some impressive numbers! 

Your experience with the TM Rep is a bit concerning and should remind everyone that toting around a "club fitter" moniker may not always mean a whole lot. Actually, this is something that concerns me a bit as I am in the market for new irons and fairway woods.  The fitter I used in Bozeman is listed as a PGA Professional Fitter.  He seemed quite knowledgeable, used state of art LM equipment, and I have no reason not to think his recommendations are anything but sound... or are they?

What do we know about this golf fitter designation? Are the folks at Dick Sporting Goods, Puetz Golf, Golf Discount, or any number of other golf stores/shops all using an industry standard in the fitting process?  Is there a smaller list of upper echelon club fitters that one should be seeking if they are serious about getting the optimum results?  If so, who?

This decision on clubs, for me, is important.  It's very likely they will be the clubs I play with for the balance of my life (it's painfully obvious I'm not an equipment hound 😁). I'm looking for some eye popping improvement in numbers to make the switch.  Thus far, I've only tested Ping G400's, G410's, I200's, Mizuno JPX900, and TM M3's.

Still in the research mode - I want to do this right and get it right 👍.  

• Like 2

Great write up. And I am sorry you had a bad experience with Taylormade. I can say up in my neck of the woods the reps have always been top drawer!

• Like 1