TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Major Championship is your favorite?

Mr. 82

What is your favorite major championship?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What Major Championship is your favorite?

• The Masters
    • PGA Championship
    • US Open
    • Open Championship
    • The Players (not a major, but let's go with it for survey purposes)

The Open Championship...  I like Links style courses with the many options to play shots.  It seems that it is also the major where playing well in "weather" is an important factor.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Middler said:

The Masters without a doubt. I was hooked long ago, and once I attended the 1989 Masters, I was WAY more impressed. As wonderful as it looks on TV, you can't fully appreciate it until you've actually seen the place during The Masters in person. Everyone who loves golf should go at least once.

Tried more than once- never even sniffed a ticket unless it's packaged with an extortionate fly/stay deal.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

7 minutes ago, Middler said:

The Masters without a doubt. I was hooked long ago, but once I attended the 1989 Masters, I was WAY more impressed. As wonderful as it looks on TV and despite the glowing descriptions you've heard, you can't fully appreciate Augusta until you've actually seen the place in person during The Masters. Everyone who loves golf should go at least once.

As for the others I'd rank them US Open, British, Players & PGA. The PGA has always been inferior to the other majors IMO. YMMV

I was working in Aiken, SC for two weeks starting the week before the 1989 Masters.  I had to check out of the hotel on Friday before Masters week, and book a room in Columbia, SC for the next week and commute each day.  That's as close as I got to the Masters.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's gotta be The Masters above everything for me.  The US Open is good.  The PGA and the Open would rank a bit lower for me as they just don't seem to click.  My local course also does a Par 3 Tournament the same day as the Masters Par 3 which is always fun.  

Hoping to get the opportunity to go to Augusta at some point.  I'll have to win the pool through the website or go through work because there is little chance that I'm paying $4k for the week.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

My favorite is The Open. Links style courses are my favorite, I tend to play my best when conditions are bad (wind, rain, etc), and it's the oldest of the majors. The Masters is second best to me, the idea of getting to always play once you win is pretty cool.

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

I think I am with the majority and say The Masters. The fact that it is the only one played on the same course year in and year out (The Players is not a major). Its also the special traditions it has Par 3, Champions Dinner, Caddy Jumpers etc. 

Second on my list would have to be the British, just because it is such a different event when compared to the other 3.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

The Masters
The Open
The PGA
US Open

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Has to be The Masters. Nothing like hearing "Hello Friends", having the windows open sunday afternoon 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Masters no doubt.  For really no other reason than it's the 1st Major of the year, the beauty of the course, the prestige & history. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Masters -- The Open -------- The US Open -------------------- PGA Championship so far down here I might actually like The Player's more.

There is just something so special about Augusta and the Masters that no other tournament can even begin to touch. The Masters is probably the only tournament you could eliminate the purse and still put together a full field.

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

On 3/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Masters, hands down. Exclusive, loaded with tradition and in a place so immaculate it makes your grandmother's house seem dirty...

Close second for me has gotta be the US Open and all the wild course set-ups we see.

^^^THIS^^^.  Only adding that I have fond memories of watching this event in the 60's with my Dad on our b&w TV... the ones that, when you turned them off, us kids would see who could stare at the shrinking, disappearing dot in the middle without blinking. 🤪

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

^^^THIS^^^.  Only adding that I have fond memories of watching this event in the 60's with my Dad on our b&w TV... the ones that, when you turned them off, us kids would see who could stare at the shrinking, disappearing dot in the middle without blinking. 🤪

Heck, I kinda remember that...felt like yer brain was shrinking...and then...nuthin'...!😯

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Archived