TSauer

What are some of your unpopular opinions when it comes to golf?

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My current unpopular opinion...   DJ and JR both sit out tournaments and JR takes over as World #1.  I guess he out-idled DJ.  There must be a better way to rank players.

I'm a fan of the Sagarin computer rankings. They tend to put more weight on recent performance: http://rankings.golfweek.com/rankings/default.asp?T=world

• Like 1

My current unpopular opinion...   DJ and JR both sit out tournaments and JR takes over as World #1.  I guess he out-idled DJ.  There must be a better way to rank players.

It's a very weird system. I believe it is a rolling 24 months so based on what happened in an event 2 years ago those points rolling off now really matter. I guess in your instance if DJ accumulated a bunch of points 2 years ago this week and they all dropped off now then he's going backwards. Meanwhile if JR didn't play in that event he didn't get any points then that he's losing now so he has a net gain over DJ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I hate blind dogleg holes to the right on the first hole of my home course, and it has to driving/warmup range.

Who designs a course like that. Always take myself to the back 9 first lol

• Like 1

“Mock Turtlenecks” are just nice T-Shirts.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Nike mock turtle necks and blade collars are nicer than standard polos, and their athletes dress nicer than any other on tour

• Like 1

“Mock Turtlenecks” are just nice T-Shirts.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
^^^ So much this!!
And I'll add.. shouldn't be allowed to play the masters in it.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Nike mock turtle necks and blade collars are nicer than standard polos, and their athletes dress nicer than any other on tour

I don’t know about nicer since Peter Millar and Hugo Boss are two brands on tour that are better looking. Of the “athletic” look/brands Nike is top.

the mock is a cool shirt that can be worn in various looks at outings 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Michelle Wie is a hypochondriac......

I know everyone loves her but all the years of listening to injury after injury and being covered in Kinesio tape every round, it gets old

Edited by joe293
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, joe293 said:

Michelle Wie Jason Day is a hypochondriac......

Fixed that for ya!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joe293 said:

I know everyone loves her but all the years of listening to injury after injury and being covered in Kinesio tape every round, it gets old

Yup - all show no dough! 

6 hours ago, joe293 said:

Considering she’s had some surgeries and stuff it’s more than just a hypochondriac and actual injuries. I feel bad for her because the injuries and how her parents handled her as a teenage cost her realizing the potential she had. When healthy she can be a force

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Considering she’s had some surgeries and stuff it’s more than just a hypochondriac and actual injuries. I feel bad for her because the injuries and how her parents handled her as a teenage cost her realizing the potential she had. When healthy she can be a force

She still hasn't completely healed from the car accident last year.  I'm far more forgiving and understanding of her condition than that of Jason Day.  Or to borrow a line from @The_Woke_Yolk, Jason "All" Day!  He seems to be either very fragile or a drama queen.  Likely some combination of the two.

44 minutes ago, sixcat said:

She still hasn't completely healed from the car accident last year.  I'm far more forgiving and understanding of her condition than that of Jason Day.  Or to borrow a line from @The_Woke_Yolk, Jason "All" Day!  He seems to be either very fragile or a drama queen.  Likely some combination of the two.

He has vertigo and back problems. I don’t think he’s missed an event or withdrew from one where he didn’t receive treatment for the issue. He played thru the vertigo at chambers bay. He was on the ground more than once from the effects. Vertigo basically cost Duval his career

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

He has vertigo and back problems. I don’t think he’s missed an event or withdrew from one where he didn’t receive treatment for the issue. He played thru the vertigo at chambers bay. He was on the ground more than once from the effects. Vertigo basically cost Duval his career

I'm more familiar with Day's issues through the years than I wish to be.  I just don't buy into all of it.  His own wife told him to "toughen up" "suck it up" last Thursday.

Edit to correct the quote from Day's wife.

Edited by sixcat

On 4/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Well the purpose of the thread was post your unpopular opinions so......

On 3/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, GB13 said:

I don't like Tiger. 

Still this. 

• Like 1

I don’t like seeing these guys in contention laughing and talking like their friends. I don’t care what you do off the course but when in the fight hate each other. I also hate the baggy pants look. They look sloppy 

Pros and Amateurs alike should be able to wear any clothing they feel comfortable in while golfing including flat billed hats and mock turtlenecks!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

There needs to be some different rules for casual and non-competitive play. We all don't get to play on pristine country clubs.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7