TSauer

What are some of your unpopular opinions when it comes to golf?

Not so inflammatory, but...

I love playing "cornfields" or the local run-down muni more than playing super nice courses. They typically come with a much smaller price tag, are easier for higher handicap players and are often run by or staffed by super nice people who genuinely love the game of golf. 

I've been really disappointed this year as two of my local courses fitting this description sold out for development. Thankfully, it sounds like one will stay a course at least a little bit longer before it's bulldozed.

I am with you on this with one exception: I LOVE playing the high end tracks too! But, if it’s got something that resembles a teeing ground, and there’s a flag to shoot at somewhere down yonder, I’m in, let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Alcohol should be consumed after the round, not during.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct. This is an unpopular opinion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Maximum handicap of 18 is allowed on the course.  Yeah, sure, that seems extreme, but we have a nice big 'ol range over there for those of you who need to work on your game a bit to get down to the maximum number.  And while we're working with your game on the range we're discussing options #1 and #2 above.  Oh yeah, and if you want to play my course, you will HAVE to have an established handicap.  Don't worry, the course is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for you to play a round with the pro, to keep score and to have your scores posted for handicap.  We have at least 3 pros available at any time during these days to accommodate anyone interested in playing a round.

Little difficult to get that handicap down playing once a week; oh and that pesky “job” might interfere on Tuesdays and Wednesdays...

• Like 2

The Dilly Dilly, Get-in-the-hole, Mashed Potatoes folks.

I love a well-timed Baba Booey as much as the next guy but the need to scream this garbage is plain rubbish.

I doubt this is unpopular. It doesn’t happen at Augusta, this is for certain. IMO, first offense, they should be tased and removed. Problem solved.

• Like 6

I think [mention=71158]GSwag[/mention]'s course would be out of business in a few months.

Wouldn’t be much “swag” at that course, I don’t think...

I think the tech behind Cobra's drivers over the past years is the best, but they don't get the credit they deserve.

Not unpopular; correct. Did you see Rick Shiels’ You Tube review of the new Cobra?

• Like 1

You are correct. This is an unpopular opinion.

I enjoy a beer or a good cocktail too, just after the round. I find it fascinating the amount of time, effort, and money many golfers spend on launch monitor fittings, shaft upgrades, etc., only to drink on the course.

The clubs are optimized, but the body isn’t.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That's the point of drinking, gotta get the body optimized and build that tolerance
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, TSauer said:

That's the point of drinking, gotta get the body optimized and build that tolerance emoji1787.png

Suuurrreee...

• Like 1

I enjoy a beer or a good cocktail too, just after the round. I find it fascinating the amount of time, effort, and money many golfers spend on launch monitor fittings, shaft upgrades, etc., only to drink on the course.

Where's the wrench to move the weight on me for a high draw

Tazz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

So you’re saying these dudes should have a 6er before a fitting? Get real life performance.

If they plan on drinking while playing, of course! Simulate real world conditions as close as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, deejaid said:

The clubs are optimized, but the body isn’t. emoji848.png

You mean that it's not really aiming fluid??????  OH NO!

• Like 6

For me,

I pay my thousands of dollars every year to play golf. My rounds take 4-5 hours to play.

Don't like it, go around me, I play to have fun and enjoy the course. Take up speed dating if you think golf is 2.5 hour 18 hole sport.

🙂 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Since we're doing unpopular opinions, I'll state this one more strongly than I am fully convinced of: every Tour event should follow Augusta's policy of disallowing all phones on the premises. There's something sad (in my opinion) about a gallery of people behind a golfer, who are there in person, who nonetheless experience the whole event looking at the screen in their hand because they need to take video of the whole thing.

I don't think that is too unpopular. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I don't think that is too unpopular. 

You want to be the guy at the gate telling people they can't bring their cell phone in? 🙂

• Like 2

Since we're doing unpopular opinions, I'll state this one more strongly than I am fully convinced of: every Tour event should follow Augusta's policy of disallowing all phones on the premises. There's something sad (in my opinion) about a gallery of people behind a golfer, who are there in person, who nonetheless experience the whole event looking at the screen in their hand because they need to take video of the whole thing.

Let’s please extend this to all concerts too.

• Like 3

Let’s please extend this to all concerts too.

How about elementary, middle, and high schools too?
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You want to be the guy at the gate telling people they can't bring their cell phone in? 🙂

Actually, I'd enjoy that immensely. 

• Like 4