TSauer

What are some of your unpopular opinions when it comes to golf?

People who take the game too seriously are my unpopular opinion.
I love to drink, play music and have fun on the course.  If you don't like it then don't play near me.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

1. Jack Nicklaus courses, specifically his green structures. His layouts are great, but he designed every green to test the devil himself.

2. Want to speed up golf? Make it so that once a player putts, they must continue to putt until they are in the hole. 

3. Loud music on the course. Really, any music on the course. I don't care if you drink a fifth and smoke a bong, but I don't want to hear your music. Ever. 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, deejaid said:

I enjoy a beer or a good cocktail too, just after the round. I find it fascinating the amount of time, effort, and money many golfers spend on launch monitor fittings, shaft upgrades, etc., only to drink on the course.

The clubs are optimized, but the body isn’t. emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All true, but when you are playing with guys that aren't serious about the game, and just out to have a fun day, you just go with the flow.... so to speak. 🍺 😉

14 hours ago, CarlH said:

You mean that it's not really aiming fluid??????  OH NO!

Nope...... it's swing oil.

• Like 2

People who take the game too seriously are my unpopular opinion.
I love to drink, play music and have fun on the course.  If you don't like it then don't play near me.

Agreed. Golf is a game. Games are supposed to be fun.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, Thin2win said:
1. Jack Nicklaus courses, specifically his green structures. His layouts are great, but he designed every green to test the devil himself.

2. Want to speed up golf? Make it so that once a player putts, they must continue to putt until they are in the hole. 

3. Loud music on the course. Really, any music on the course. I don't care if you drink a fifth and smoke a bong, but I don't want to hear your music. Ever. 

Agree that Jack was a great player, so-so architect at best.
Have to say, if I’ve had a fifth and few bong hits, I really won’t care about your opinion of my music, LOLZ... 🤣

• Like 2

21 hours ago, deejaid said:

I enjoy a beer or a good cocktail too, just after the round. I find it fascinating the amount of time, effort, and money many golfers spend on launch monitor fittings, shaft upgrades, etc., only to drink on the course.

The clubs are optimized, but the body isn’t. emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, But...where does this leave the beer girl.Think Lad, you must think this through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Agreed. Golf is a game. Games are supposed to be fun.

I thought the Olympics said it was a sport.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I thought the Olympics said it was a sport.

They'll drop it in a few years.  Heard they're going to include Break Dancing.  (I an NOT making this up...)  Maybe time to stop watching the Olympics, too.  #SMH 😕

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

They'll drop it in a few years.  Heard they're going to include Break Dancing.  (I an NOT making this up...)  Maybe time to stop watching the Olympics, too.  #SMH 😕

This is the second worst news I've heard today.

The worst was hearing LeBron James involvement with Space Jam 2...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

They'll drop it in a few years.  Heard they're going to include Break Dancing.  (I an NOT making this up...)  Maybe time to stop watching the Olympics, too.  #SMH 

Whoa, break dancing...I may become an Olympian after all.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Angry Yeti said:

This is the second worst news I've heard today.

The worst was hearing LeBron James involvement with Space Jam 2...

This time around it will be LeBron recruiting the Looney Tunes. 

• Like 1

Agree, just cause there's a ton of sand doesn't make them great. Give me Ross and Tillinghast any day.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think for me it's the constant effort to trick the player. His teeing grounds never really point down the fairway, there are always awkward angles (both off the tee and on approach), he likes to use a lot of competing breaks on the greens to fool you on the reads, all of that just gets tiresome. Plus I'm from C Indiana where we have a lot of early Dye efforts and Dye redesigns and after a while you just get like "yeah, yeah Pete Dye whatever"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

1. Trees are awful on a course and eliminate options or force only one option of how to play a hole.

2. Former players generally make terrible course architects.

3. Golf is supposed to be fun, but due to poor marketing, majority of players take it and themselves too seriously.

• Like 6

1. Trees are awful on a course and eliminate options or force only one option of how to play a hole.

But how else am I going to get that lucky bounce and end up in the fairway instead of going OB?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, palvord said:

Try staying out of the trees.  😄 😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Golf is more physical than mental.

• Like 4
  • Love 1