IMG_5064.thumb.JPG.6f0ada8d0c85408c8161a0072677acb4.JPG

New date, new trophy... Will the weather make a difference? Will Phil play, will Tiger play?

Is this the 5th major?

A storied tournament with aces on 17, Rickie’s supreme wedge shots...

Who will take the top spot this year?

I’m going with Adam Scott, he is due for a W.

Also, I am kind of bummed for the new time slot, I liked this tournament around my birthday/Mother’s Day. Usually marked my opening week of golf-able weather here.

• Like 5

I can't wait - this is one of my favorite events. Phil is undecided after his performance this week. Recent news article states Tiger's neck issue may be a bit more serious. Rickie needs a quick trip to the sports psychologist and Bubba - well anything can happen with him. 

I'd like to see all four at the top of the leader board at this event. 

• Like 3

I can't wait - this is one of my favorite events. Phil is undecided after his performance this week. Recent news article states Tiger's neck issue may be a bit more serious. Rickie needs a quick trip to the sports psychologist and Bubba - well anything can happen with him. 
I'd like to see all four at the top of the leader board at this event. 

Bubba
Phil
Rickie
Tiger

I could get onboard with that. And a 10 hole playoff on top of that.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Definitely not the 5th major but still, a great event.

I’m going with either Kevin Kisner or Billy Horschel.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Pretty nice round for Molinari today. I hope he can bring that momentum with him come Thursday.

• Like 1

Aaron Baddeley (Mr. No Logo) is looking pretty solid and I still see Fleetwood as a strong possibility...but I'm thinking Rory is about ready for one of his lap the field performances.

So what is the latest line on El Tigres neck issue?  I could definitely see him opting to sit another one out so as not risk being ready for Augusta National.

• Like 1

One of my favorite tournaments of the season, can't wait! My pick is Xander Schauffele to take home the crown. T-2 last year and already has two wins and three top 10 finishes this season.

• Like 1

And just because, I'm gonna say 42 balls end up in the water.

• Like 3

Just now, TSauer said:

I'll take the over on that. 

• Like 1

Definitely more than 42 in the water.

I don't know why but I think Martin Kaymer is going to take this one down.  Maybe it is because Mahan isn't in the field!😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSauer said:

Now that's a fun contest all to itself.  I'm going with 46.

• Like 1

I think that Tommy Fleetwood wins The Players.  He had a nice showing at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and had been doing well on his European Tour starts.

I will also say that there will be 69 balls in the water this week.

• Like 2

I’m going with DJ this week. But if I continue my trend, he won’t make it to the weekend .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I'm all in with Bubba, though my dark horse pick for the Masters (Harold Varner III) is gonna be someone I look for cuz he needs the win for an invite there...heck I'm not even sure he's in the field here as I type, so go easy on me spies...!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I'm all in with Bubba, though my dark horse pick for the Masters (Harold Varner III) is gonna be someone I look for cuz he needs the win for an invite there...heck I'm not even sure he's in the field here as I type, so go easy on me spies...!

I'm 99% sure he is. 😉

• Like 1

I'm taking Fleetwood again this week, unless he is paired with Keegan Bradley.  

Kuchar is going to have a good showing.

Dark horse is Patrick Cantley

• Like 3

Harold is in the field. Had a great showing last year. I always root for him and would love to see him break through. Had a rough week at Bay Hill though

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

Featured groups are looking good this week: 

Thursday AM: Tiger, Pattie Reed, Webb Simpson

Thursday PM: Rickie, Brooks, Jordan 

Friday AM: Kuch, Phil, Rory

Friday PM: Xander, JT, Rose 

also 56 balls in the water. ; )

• Like 4

Too much PR coverage this year.

38 in the drink.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 7:52 AM, Shankster said:

IMG_5064.thumb.JPG.6f0ada8d0c85408c8161a0072677acb4.JPG

New date, new trophy... Will the weather make a difference? Will Phil play, will Tiger play?

Is this the 5th major?

A storied tournament with aces on 17, Rickie’s supreme wedge shots...

Who will take the top spot this year?

I’m going with Adam Scott, he is due for a W.

Also, I am kind of bummed for the new time slot, I liked this tournament around my birthday/Mother’s Day. Usually marked my opening week of golf-able weather here.

I love the new date as it puts a marquee event in each month and causes for a fun 3 weeks starting with the Honda. It's not a major to me and never will be, but it is the strongest field in golf which makes it as tough as one. Tiger will play, not sure about Phil as the course does not set up well for him at all and he has already won here. I would look out for accurate drivers this week and I really think that Tiger will win it since he can keep his driver in the bag most holes.

• Like 1