TESTERS WANTED! ×

THE PLAYERS

Shankster

Didn’t he win the first tournament out with them? The Farmers? Thought for sure those were Honma’s.

He did, for sure.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Didn’t he win the first tournament out with them? The Farmers? Thought for sure those were Honma’s.

That was the honeymoon.  😁

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Fleetwood just has to win a tournament one of these days right...?

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

13 minutes ago, bardle said:

He is my pick with Kooooch right up there.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 3/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Shankster said:

I heard “better than most” 17 times today.

Only 738,983 more to go.

Oh No!  "Better than most" video again, and Tiger isn't even on #17.  Gary Koch said that will live on forever.  

48 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I want a Fleetwood / Molinari playoff.

nah! they would just hold hands walking up the fairway then agree to split the pot 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Yes, yes he does. Hopefully soon!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Anyone hear about the 2-stroke penalty Harold Varner III took earlier? Truly a weird one and they had some rules guy being interviewed in the booth about it stammering on about the grayness of it-which nearly made Nick Faldo come unglued..!

This is my recollection of the happenings according to the interview I saw...HVIII was still on the practice tees before his round started and noticed a crack in his driver-unknown where. He sought out a rules official about it but was unable to get a replacement before he started his round, so he began it with only 13 clubs. A few holes later, someone was able to finally bring him a replacement which he used on a hole later on. The rules officials "found out about it" and penalized HVIII 2-strokes..! Apparently (according to what the interviewed guy said) this replacement club was assembled on the course. This is an interesting wrinkle here and I see what they are trying to prevent which is players customizing their gear to fit conditions during play. That's a no-no and I get that. What Faldo pressed on about, and finally got the rules guy to admit was, that same club could have (should have really) been assembled in the clubhouse then brought out as a unit.

He posted a 74 with the penalty...bummer.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

I want a Fleetwood / Molinari playoff.

I DON'T want a Fleetwood/Bradley pairing on Sunday. 

The Announcer's Curse...

Why do announcers do it?  When Leishman got to #17, they said he has played the hole 30 times without a ball in the water.  You guessed it!  Why do they do that?  They could just have easily said AFTER he hit the ball; that was the first one in 30 tries, or he still hasn't hit one in the water.  The Announcer's Curse should be banned from broadcasting.

The Announcer's Curse...
Why do announcers do it?  When Leishman got to #17, they said he has played the hole 30 times without a ball in the water.  You guessed it!  Why do they do that?  They could just have easily said AFTER he hit the ball; that was the first one in 30 tries, or he still hasn't hit one in the water.  The Announcer's Curse should be banned from broadcasting.

I believe this 100%. Doesn’t matter what it is; hit every fairway today, hasn’t made a bogey in 30 holes, hasn’t 3 putted. No sooner than they get that out of their mouths, it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Anyone hear about the 2-stroke penalty Harold Varner III took earlier? Truly a weird one and they had some rules guy being interviewed in the booth about it stammering on about the grayness of it-which nearly made Nick Faldo come unglued..!
This is my recollection of the happenings according to the interview I saw...HVIII was still on the practice tees before his round started and noticed a crack in his driver-unknown where. He sought out a rules official about it but was unable to get a replacement before he started his round, so he began it with only 13 clubs. A few holes later, someone was able to finally bring him a replacement which he used on a hole later on. The rules officials "found out about it" and penalized HVIII 2-strokes..! Apparently (according to what the interviewed guy said) this replacement club was assembled on the course. This is an interesting wrinkle here and I see what they are trying to prevent which is players customizing their gear to fit conditions during play. That's a no-no and I get that. What Faldo pressed on about, and finally got the rules guy to admit was, that same club could have (should have really) been assembled in the clubhouse then brought out as a unit.
He wanted the new head on the same shaft that the cracked head was. He asked a rules official about his options and it would have been fine had he left it on a tee box for the rep to assemble and then bring out to him, so that's what they did.

But clearly the walking official with the group didn't get the memo and picked up the broken club/shaft that was left on the teeing ground, thinking maybe he'd forgotten it or something, and brought it out to him at which point the rep had returned with the head and they assembled it then. Which is when the penalty was incurred.

Asinine ruling, imo. Clearly zero intent on HVIII's part to break the rule. It would be nice to see the USGA/PGA Tour rescind the penalty because he did what he was supposed to do but got screwed over by a walking official, who probably thought they were being nice by bringing back a "lost club."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

14 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

My understanding was that HVIII was penalized for assembling the old shaft to the new driver head on the course.  Another caveat, if the rules official is truly "protecting the field," why wasn't the shaft confiscated?  It seemed to be fine for HVIII to use the offending club, just not put it together on the golf course.

This is a prime example of how common sense needs to be taken into account when the rules of golf are enforced!  This one was completely silly!

6 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

He wanted the new head on the same shaft that the cracked head was. He asked a rules official about his options and it would have been fine had he left it on a tee box for the rep to assemble and then bring out to him, so that's what they did.

But clearly the walking official with the group didn't get the memo and picked up the broken club/shaft that was left on the teeing ground, thinking maybe he'd forgotten it or something, and brought it out to him at which point the rep had returned with the head and they assembled it then. Which is when the penalty was incurred.

Asinine ruling, imo. Clearly zero intent on HVIII's part to break the rule. It would be nice to see the USGA/PGA Tour rescind the penalty because he did what he was supposed to do but got screwed over by a walking official, who probably thought they were being nice by bringing back a "lost club."

How did HV3 handle it? I can't imagine being that patient after having just had an official tell me it was fine...I would have lost it. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Another rules debacle! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The issue was the club was built after the round started.  If the head is cracked and a replacement club using a new head set to the same specs on the same shaft is provided later in the round, I don't see the issue.  The rule should be "massaged" if the USGA and R&A want to have rules that make sense.  C'mon guys you can do it!!

I am watching the leaderboard this afternoon, and boy it would be nice to see one these guys win. Fleetwood, Kisner, Furyk, Taylor, List, Bradley. One of the guys that doesn’t have a many wins, or in some cases, any wins. That would be good to see. Should be a fun weekend to watch 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I am watching the leaderboard this afternoon, and boy it would be nice to see one these guys win. Fleetwood, Kisner, Furyk, Taylor, List, Bradley. One of the guys that doesn’t have a many wins, or in some cases, any wins. That would be good to see. Should be a fun weekend to watch 

I don’t consider Furyk to be in the criteria you listed. 17 PGA tour wins, a US Open, and a FEdEx cup.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don’t consider Furyk to be in the criteria you listed. 17 PGA tour wins, a US Open, and a FEdEx cup.
And don't forgot the most important fact, he is on my fantasy bench!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Guess who got an eagle already today... He has long hair and likes to give us false hope going into every single weekend.. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

How did HV3 handle it? I can't imagine being that patient after having just had an official tell me it was fine...I would have lost it. 
Not sure, but I assume as well as can be handled. HV3 is all around quality guy.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kenny B said:

Oh No!  "Better than most" video again, and Tiger isn't even on #17.  Gary Koch said that will live on forever.  

Well, he eventually got on to 17 today. It probably wasn’t “better than most”, but it was probably better than a few. Not many, but a few. 

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Not sure, but I assume as well as can be handled. HV3 is all around quality guy.

Well he didn't exactly bounce back today with another 74... Bummer, I really like that guy... I hope he was able to get past it and maybe just a poor round today. Now he'll probably miss the cut...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Sure. I thought about that with Furyk. For the others listed though it would be neat to see one of those guys breakthrough with a win, or a comeback win. 

Anyone tracking our wet ball count? Hopefully this is accurate.  They'll get more aggressive on the weekend, but there are fewer players - looks like a drier year 😁

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/03/14/golf-numbers-stats-number-17-island-green-the-players-championship.html

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Anyone tracking our wet ball count? 
Dunno the total for the week but I believe it's only 3 on 17 today, 2 of which came from Tiger and the other from Steelman.

Well he didn't exactly bounce back today with another 74... Bummer, I really like that guy... I hope he was able to get past it and maybe just a poor round today. Now he'll probably miss the cut...
More than likely just a poor round. Tough course and he's not exactly a top tier player. Quality guy though and great for the game.

Archived