TESTERS WANTED! ×

THE PLAYERS

Shankster

I forgot Tommy. I’d add Tommy in the mix too. Really like that guy.

I like Tommy also but he needs to get over his allergies to Sunday’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, revkev said:

Rahm’s decision on 11 was crazy - he was out of position, he needed to play right, hit it to 20 feet, 2 putt and go birdie 12. It was his only play. 

Wonder if he learned or will his ego get in the way and think he can make it? My money is on the latter 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wonder if he learned or will his ego get in the way and think he can make it? My money is on the latter 

I don't know that it was an ego thing - from what I could hear of the conversation he was concerned that he wouldn't be able to make birdie by hitting it to the right - Having played that hole I can tell you that the right side is a far safer route for a lay up.  But you then have to come over the trap and the pin was on that side.  A 20 to 25 footer was the best possible outcome.  With all of the yelling and screaming on the course he probably felt as if everyone in the world was birdying every hole and he had to keep up.  It was a desperation move more than an ego move, at a time when he didn't need to be desperate - par kept him in the mix, bogey pushed him to the fringe and just forced more desperate choices.

That he should learn from - all the younger guys should watch a video of Furyk's final round - that was a clinic on how to manage one's game.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

I don't know that it was an ego thing - from what I could hear of the conversation he was concerned that he wouldn't be able to make birdie by hitting it to the right - Having played that hole I can tell you that the right side is a far safer route for a lay up.  But you then have to come over the trap and the pin was on that side.  A 20 to 25 footer was the best possible outcome.  With all of the yelling and screaming on the course he probably felt as if everyone in the world was birdying every hole and he had to keep up.  It was a desperation move more than an ego move, at a time when he didn't need to be desperate - par kept him in the mix, bogey pushed him to the fringe and just forced more desperate choices.

That he should learn from - all the younger guys should watch a video of Furyk's final round - that was a clinic on how to manage one's game.

@tony@CIC Here is the link for why he went against his caddie, and didn't lay-up.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jon-rahm-ignores-caddies-veto-plays-boldly-and-finds-water-11   

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Could be that dynamic duo I’ve been wanting. Throw BK in the mix and Jason Day just to spice things up every once and a while.

What?  You aren't going to throw Reed into the mix?  He was just 5 bogeys and a double away from being right there yesterday!!   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

42 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

@tony@CIC Here is the link for why he went against his caddie, and didn't lay-up.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jon-rahm-ignores-caddies-veto-plays-boldly-and-finds-water-11   

Thanks for passing that along. Always good to hear first hand what players are thinking. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

It was a stupid decision.  He didn't have a favorable wind either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

It was a stupid decision.  He didn't have a favorable wind either.

I think it clearly showed his inexperience in big events. He should have just layed up, maybe he wouldn't have made birdie, but he would have had an easy par. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

2 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I think it clearly showed his inexperience in big events. He should have just layed up, maybe he wouldn't have made birdie, but he would have had an easy par. 

Phil gave Bones one veto a year.  If Rahm gives his caddie one a year, that should have been it.

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Phil gave Bones one veto a year.  If Rahm gives his caddie one a year, that should have been it.

I totally agree. I think it pays to listen to your caddie since they aren't playing and probably have a much clearer head. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I still think Tommy Fleetwood is having Sundayitis.
I really like this kids game and hope he breaks thru soon. When he does get his 1st PGA win under his belt watch out!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I still think Tommy Fleetwood is having Sundayitis.
I really like this kids game and hope he breaks thru soon. When he does get his 1st PGA win under his belt watch out!!

I was going to point out that his US Open 63 came from back in the pack - it's another matter altogether to be on or close to the lead.  Tournaments are hard to win, the bigger the tournament, the harder because the field is tougher and/or the ghosts are tougher.  But even a regular tour event is tough.  Just consider that the course rating of the average course that a scratch player is playing is 71.5.  It's between 76 and 77 for a regular tour event, something North of that for a major or a tournament like the Players.  You don't have to be off by very much to struggle under those conditions.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention] Here is the link for why he went against his caddie, and didn't lay-up.

So the lines in the sand weren’t good for a lay-up, but good for a risky shot over water?! Dude, you’re a PRO. How can the lay-up be the harder of the two shots?!
Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

25 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So the lines in the sand weren’t good for a lay-up, but good for a risky shot over water?! Dude, you’re a PRO. How can the lay-up be the harder of the two shots?!
Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A sure sign of a champion is making excuses and blaming your caddie when you do poorly...Don't you know that? 

Seriously though this kind of stuff drives me crazy, how about this from the article: 

"Adam was trying to convince me to go right,” Rahm said. “When I first got to the ball, I was really sure I could do it. If you give me 10 balls, besides that one, I’ll hit the other nine on land. Unfortunately, I got a little bit of doubt in me.”

I knew I didn't like Rahm but I never knew why...Now I know why.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was thinking the same thing as it happened. The caddy clearly didn't like the choice but the boss was adament. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I keep wanting to call the new trophy “Oscar”. It looks great.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

I wouldn't take that quote as Rahm blaming his caddy for him not executing the shot. I think it was just him explaining how it went down more than anything.

A sure sign of a champion is making excuses and blaming your caddie when you do poorly...Don't you know that? 
Seriously though this kind of stuff drives me crazy, how about this from the article: 
"Adam was trying to convince me to go right,” Rahm said. “When I first got to the ball, I was really sure I could do it. If you give me 10 balls, besides that one, I’ll hit the other nine on land. Unfortunately, I got a little bit of doubt in me.”
I knew I didn't like Rahm but I never knew why...Now I know why.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Archived