TESTERS WANTED! ×

Champions Tour needs to add more Qualifier spots

BestGuess

I think it is time the Champions tour reverts back to when it was the Senior Tour and more first timers had a chance to qualify....every week about 70 or so X-PGA players are out there making fools of themselves shooting in the 80's (are you listening John Daly) I think it would make more sense to have a few Qualifiers each week that are really out there to win.  Yes I know it is all about trying to get people out paying to watch and the players are about half there because they were once a someone on tour...I guess the tour understands if senior Qualifier wins or gets up to the top it will make the names look bad, they are already doing that themselves....as my friend just said imagine how bad it would be for the tour if Sunday afternoon on TV you had Langer,  Sing and Joe Nobody in the final group and Nobody won..... 

Well, for me I don't really care what this Tour or whatever it is does, because in my humble opinion they are allowing Bernhard Langer and Scott McCarron to cheat every week with their broomstick putters that are anchored, which goes against the rule that went into effect a few years ago.  How many tournaments would Langer win if he had to switch putters to a more traditional putter?

Beyond that, this tour was created when Palmer turned 50 and wanted to be competitive again, since he hadn't won on the PGA Tour in years.  Without Palmer, that tour doesn't even exist today.  He's gone, and Jack doesn't play on it anymore.  I laugh when guys turn 50 who barely if ever won an event on the PGA Tour go out there and tear it up again.  It's a complete joke to me honestly.  If you are going to use the name "Champions" in the title of your Tour then shouldn't a prerequisite for playing on that tour be that you were a "champion" something?  I mean, who the heck is Doug Garwood, and what has he ever won?

Your argument for asking for qualifiers for this tour goes against what I am saying above.  A requirement to even getting a spot on this tour would be to have been a "champion" of something on the PGA Tour, and frankly, they should limit the fields to guys who meet that prerequisite and have a name.  Allowing some dude off of the street who just happens to be over 50, to try and qualify for a tournament, who never even played pro golf in his entire life sort of defeats the whole purpose of how that tour was even founded and ran to begin with.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

tenor.gif?itemid=9744555

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Archived