Golf Digest And GolfWrx Announce Partnership

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Would like to hear the MyGolfSpy forum members comments on this.

Golf Digest Properties And GolfWrx Announce Partnership Content and traffic sharing will create the ultimate forum on golf equipment New York, NY - The Golf Digest Properties and GolfWrx.com have entered into a strategic partnership, it was announced today by both parties. By developing content and new community features, the two leaders in golf will join forces to create the ultimate destination for golf enthusiasts. As part of the partnership, the Golf Digest Properties will also collaborate on advertising sales with GolfWrx.com, further extending the Golf Digest Properties' reach into the social media space. As a part of the deal, GolfWrx will retain its branding, and its traffic reporting will be rolled into GolfDigest.com.

"Participants in GolfWrx.com's forums are as avid about the game of golf as Golf Digest and Golf World readers, so this is the perfect fit. In particular, our equipment editors look forward to regular appearances on GolfWrx.com, where users can ask the why and the how of our equipment coverage, beginning with our annual Hot List," said Golf Digest Brand Editor, Bob Carney. "For golf aficionados, the marrying of Golf Digest and Golf World content with GolfWrx forums is ideal."

GolfWrx.com will continue to provide a home for golf enthusiasts, with an emphasis on equipment, while Golf Digest and Golf World editors will host equipment discussions to share their expertise and answer questions about Golf Digest and Golf World equipment coverage and reviews.

"Joining forces with an established and authoritative brand such as the Golf Digest Properties will resonate with the passionate community we've cultivated with GolfWrx," said Richard Audi, president of GolfWrx. "We welcome the contributions of its editors and look forward to creating innovative new offerings for advertisers in the conversational web."

#TruthDigest

Just seeing the title of this topic made me laugh out loud. The merger of two groups that don't know how to write a bad word about anybody.

Except - when it suits them - their own members/readers

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

The last sentence says it all. Nothing about the readers, but plenty of "innovative opportunities for advertisers".

At least they're being honest about their objectives. Yet another "independent" voice is lost, not that WRX has been that in quite some time.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Unimpressed.

Objectivity please meet the hole in the window over there and take the crying baby with the extra bathwater while you're at it.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Who cares I wont be checking it out.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

I used to browse golfwrx for reviews on clubs I guess that will stop now.. I will just take a look at the hot list

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I think this is a terrible move. A forum should be a place where you can express your opinions and with this move it completely eliminates any remaining possibility of this happening.

This move does nothing, it hasn't been that way for a long time now.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

This move does nothing, it hasn't been that way for a long time now.

I haven't been a true follower of WRX for some time now. I do like to occasionally go in, ninja-style, to bad mouth Golf Digest (they make it so easy!); I just never bother to see if there's any responses or if they even leave my comments up. Maybe I should... but since I really, truly can't stand GD, that doesn't seem too appealing to me.

This is surprising to me.

When most of us first joined GolfWrx it was probably in retaliation of the goings-on at BSG. GolfWrx was great early on but I think over time as its membership has exploded it has become less enjoyable. More censorship, less dissent, more trolls, more "cartels" pushing their own barrows (especially in the instruction forums)...

So now I find myself leaving GolfWrx and joining a smaller more independent site like this one you have here (someone linked me to your 9064LS review - fantastic review BTW).

Look forward to keeping up to date with everything golf. Thanks for the site.

• SPY VIP

Thanks for the kind words AuGoGo. I was just having this conversation with GolfSpy T.

You have to decide your path...you either go the route of selling out or you go the route that is for the consumer. Now I will admit that this route makes it tough for a site like this to survive over time. Although I sleep well at night. But sites like this get to a point where they have to be profitable to survive and they seem to have chosen the route of joining with other media outlets and companies whose one and only concern is putting a positive spin out about their advertisers or their products to be profitbale. But there are other ways to do this that still beneffit the consumer. They were simply looking for an easier way out which they got.

But in the end the sites that have chosen this route seem to have all suffered the same fate and that is they get replaced by another site shortly after. They become ghost towns. I never want this site to suffer that fate...and although it is tough to stay afloat doing it the way I chose to I hope in the end it was the right way to run MyGolfSpy.

#TruthDigest