Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Thomas Bjorn new putting grip..

perseveringgolfer

I thought I had seen it all, then this, can't see it catching on.

0_0_0_0_70__Features_20181107032513_2.jpg.dc4c92ef7c88b93366b579b21782615d.jpg

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

40 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I thought I had seen it all, then this, can't see it catching on.

0_0_0_0_70__Features_20181107032513_2.jpg.dc4c92ef7c88b93366b579b21782615d.jpg

I agree with you. I don’t think that will catch on. That looks very uncomfortable. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

How is the putter not anchored? His right hand is anchored to his left forearm with his left hand anchoring the putter shaft to his right wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The putter can still more back and forth freely and therefore isn’t anchored

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The putter can still more back and forth freely and therefore isn’t anchored

Yeah, I get it but it's still "relative judgement."  If you're going to ban it, ban all of it. Otherwise, just leave it alone.

Edit to add; The groove rule is another one.  The manufacturers have just figured out ways to get similar spin from round grooves.  Nothing has changed.

Yeah, I get it but it's still "relative judgement."  If you're going to ban it, ban all of it. Otherwise, just leave it alone.
Edit to add; The groove rule is another one.  The manufacturers have just figured out ways to get similar spin from round grooves.  Nothing has changed.

The ones that really gets me are

armlock. You can even use your hand hold the shaft against your arm as long as you don’t grab above your elbow

Placing your arms against your sides. Okay if your hands are together. Split your hands and it becomes illegal.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I laughed yesterday when the announcers were talking about Adam Scott's putting.  Adam had said that he putted about the same no matter what grip or putter type he used.  Apparently, that means none of the methods really stands out above the others, or he is equally bad with any of them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I laughed yesterday when the announcers were talking about Adam Scott's putting.  Adam had said that he putted about the same no matter what grip or putter type he used.  Apparently, that means none of the methods really stands out above the others, or he is equally bad with any of them.

I heard that too. What that really means is, you don’t have to worry too much about Adam Scott in the tournament. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

2 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I heard that too. What that really means is, you don’t have to worry too much about Adam Scott in the tournament. 

In 2004 he was #2 in Strokes Gained putting behind Tiger.  I wish he would figure out something.  I love his swing

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

In 2004 he was #2 in Strokes Gained putting behind Tiger.  I wish he would figure out something.  I love his swing

Yes, he is probably in the top 3 of best looking swings on tour right now. He just cannot putt since losing the long putter. His swing is too good not to be winning a couple times a year. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

If that was my putting grip I can assure you I would be one hell of a bowler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Same definition as armlock putting, right? If the top of the grip moves with the stroke then it's legal. Doesn't matter whether you're running it up your arm or coming up with some weird yip-proof grip. If the top of the grip is stationary throughout the stroke it's illegal. At least under the current rule.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I think "they" should just ban putting. The green is re-designated as a safe-place. Once your ball is on the surface you pickup and move on. Speeds up pace of play, resolves the pin in or pin out issue, and nobody gets hurt feelings or angered any longer. Happy happy.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived