TESTERS WANTED! ×

Retirement and Golf

Alf. S

31 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Slowed things down and gone back to the old ball position last week's 5 rounds:- 81, 79, 85, 81, 76.

Sounds like that is your swing.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Personally I don't think the lessons mentioned on my previous post helped.

Hmmm... It is possible to have the "wrong" teacher, for _you_ that is; eg. someone who forces a change on you because it's the way the tour pros do it, not security because it's hindering your individual swing.

But if it was the right change for you then of course you have to work on it for some amount of time before it starts to get comfortable on the course.

Anyway, good luck on your retirement and hope you're enjoying your time!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

End of season update.

image.png.08945fdc6177912604d0cb1513eb097a.png

My lesson for the season is don't dick around too much with your kit and swing. If I look back to May my scoring was doing OK but was looking for a step improvement. I invested in lessons a new putter, constantly change my club setup; different wedges, 2h vs 3w, 3h vs 3i, driver settings, multiple fittings looking for a new driver. I was also getting anal about my stats on Arccos. Looking back my scoring was all over the place and my handicap showed it.

In the last 6 weeks I went back to things that have worked for me in the past and added a few simple things I have picked up on.

I always thought a had a strong left hand grip, watched Sky and them discussing Jon Rahm's grip I found out it was weak, so I changed that.

My take away has been an issue because I don't really understand cause and effect. I would go out onto the  range and tinker with it and come up with a "solution". This "solution" would breakdown on the course or with a different club. Focusing on a slow takeaway letting the body/shoulder turn naturally has helped this and given me more consistent ball striking. It has also help in the transition.

Chipping, I've chop and changed my setup over the last couple of years but now I have settled down to a comfortable setup. I have a funny stance at setup with my left foot almost pointing at the target but this keeps the bottom half quiet and using the takeaway swing thought about has helped.

Putting; my SpiderX is back in the garage and I'm now using an old Rosa Daytona and an old setup that worked for me in the past. I've always though my left hand/side contributed to me pulling putts. Over the winter season last year I consciously tried to use a conventional grip and swing which I continued to use into the summer. This has now been ditched reverting back to a old setup with my left elbow pointing away from my body and a very light left hand grip. This has taken the pull out of my putting.

With all this stuff in my head the last thing I'm using to re-enforce is to try and get my setup consistent and I use the acronym GAS.

GRIP: Strong Left Hand Grip
ADDRESS/AIM: Body Setup and target setting
SWING: Pratise takeaway to ensure body is turning correct and weight is transferring OK.

It seems to be working my first win of the season on Saturday with a 75 net 66 in windy conditions. Also my scoring is now more consistent. I did have a couple of rounds last week outside my handicap but this was in a 40mph gale at Dundonald on Wednesday and a few strategic mistakes playing Castle Stuart on Sunday, but I was still hitting the ball well on the 2 Championship courses.

Just a shame that I'll have to wait 6 months for my next handicap counting competitions .

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• 8 months later...

Season start last week for me and 2 cuts in 2 competitions now at lowest handicap ever of 6.9.

Changes?

During lockdown did a lot chipping in my back garden, focusing on pivoting around the sternum. You would think that my chipping would be 1st class but no. I changed my setup so that my sternum is pretty much over the ball for all my shots. Suddenly I’ve gone from 30% fairways hit to 70%. Approach shots not so good but hitting longer clubs better.

3.5 months to drop another 1.5 to reach my goal of cat 1 before I’m 60. Also have Senior Club Championship qualifier on Saturday so a busy time!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WIMB

@Alf. S Congrats sir, early retirement is one of my goals in life, I am aiming to retire in about 20 years when I turn 60.

I would believe that the hardest part would be to find something to fill the extra time.

As other members mentioned, just find some other interests that would allow you to fill the void of not working.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

[mention=70944]Alf. S[/mention] Congrats sir, early retirement is one of my goals in life, I am aiming to retire in about 20 years when I turn 60.
I would believe that the hardest part would be to find something to fill the extra time.
As other members mentioned, just find some other interests that would allow you to fill the void of not working.

It’s not hard to fill the time. When I retired I thought I would need a part time job but here’s plenty to fill up the time especially w volunteer work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

What is this retirement?

It’s not “retirement” actually doing what you want to do when you want to do it.
The trick is being in decent enough health to pull it off.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Congratulations on your retirement!  Besides golf, I'm sure there are other things you can get into.  Fishing, hunting etc...  Just enjoy the time off!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 3/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, Alf. S said:

So after much thought about my financial situation at the ripe old age of 58 I've decided to retire. 

Since graduating University with an Electronics Degrees 35 years ago I have had only 6 weeks out of work so I'm a bit worried if I will fill my time. There is only so much golf I can play.

I've always played golf but at the age of 40 I got my first handicap of 22. After a couple of years and a tip from a wise experience golfer I got down to 16 then 12. I had a couple of excellent rounds and was cut from 12 to 8 in the space of 3 weeks, which I could never play to. Now 8 years later for the last 3 years  I've oscillate between 7 and 8,  getting tantalising close to category 1. They say that once your over 50 you lose 5% muscle mass per year and I'm beginning to notice that my length is reducing. 

I've got 3 months notice to work but then the heat is on, my target is to get to be a category 1 golfer before I'm 60 so with a season and a half of retirement I'm hoping this will give me the spare time to get there.

Wish me luck.

Alf

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete

What is this retirement?

I’ve been lucky, most of my working life I’ve worked for American Multinationals which provided great benefit packages including pension contribution. Having 5 to 10% contributed from the age of 26 made it possible. Oh and I keep my wife working!!

WIMB

5 hours ago, TimoTe said:
That's fantastic!
What were the milestones that helped you lower your handicap incrementally?
I am trying to do the same. 

To be clear I've never been a natural golfer, although I have been able to hit the ball having good eye to hand coordination but not necessarily in the right direction!

I’ve always set small achievable steps and always focused on handicap improvement. When your handicap improves you will win competitions along the way.

At 22 h/c it was to get below 20 then  to category 2 (below 12) then single figures now it's cat 1 (5 and below)

Spending time on the course I've found is the best way to improve but also I've had a lot of kit change and if I do look at changes and try and tie them in to milestones.

1. Couldn't hit a driver off 22 but got hold of a Cobra Ti Offset Driver in the late 90s, this added 20 yds off the tee got. Handicap moved down into the high teens

2. Got fitted for my first set off Mizuno MX-25s in early 2000s moved down into the low teens

3. 2008 moved to using 3/4 wedges in my bag PW, 52', 56' and sometimes 60' moved down to single figures for the first time

4. Got to thinking kit was the answer bought a set of TM LT2 irons went back up to double digits for 2 or 3 years. 

I’ve had lessons, changed kit regularly and spent time on the range but the most useful way to improve is to go out and play.

Edited by Alf. S

WIMB

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/26/2020 at 1:11 AM, Alf. S said:

To be clear I've never been a natural golfer, although I have been able to hit the ball having good eye to hand coordination but not necessarily in the right direction!

I’ve always set small achievable steps and always focused on handicap improvement. When your handicap improves you will win competitions along the way.

At 22 h/c it was to get below 20 then  to category 2 (below 12) then single figures now it's cat 1 (5 and below)

Spending time on the course I've found is the best way to improve but also I've had a lot of kit change and if I do look at changes and try and tie them in to milestones.

1. Couldn't hit a driver off 22 but got hold of a Cobra Ti Offset Driver in the late 90s, this added 20 yds off the tee got. Handicap moved down into the high teens

2. Got fitted for my first set off Mizuno MX-25s in early 2000s moved down into the low teens

3. 2008 moved to using 3/4 wedges in my bag PW, 52', 56' and sometimes 60' moved down to single figures for the first time

4. Got to thinking kit was the answer bought a set of TM LT2 irons went back up to double digits for 2 or 3 years. 

I’ve had lessons, changed kit regularly and spent time on the range but the most useful way to improve is to go out and play.

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete

• 2 months later...

Another small update, still not there sitting still at 7 but playing the best golf of my life.

I was listening  to Jonathan Walters this morning after he hit a 64 and he was reflecting on his round at the ISPS HANDA UK Championship. He thought he was hitting the ball really well when he came into the UK swing on the European PGA and he has missed 4 cuts and scraped into another by 1 stroke.  On reflection he thought that his expectations were high at the start and he easily got frustrated when he hit a bad shot and things didn't go the way he expected. Today he just went out and played and leads the field by 3.

With this in mind  I had a bit of a reset we only have 6 scheduled counters that I will play in until the end of the season so I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that I won't make it to take the pressure off me. If I make it great if not there is always next year, my body and distance is still there so hopefully COVID willing I'll have another go.

I was a little concerned that with WHS being introduced in November  it would affect my handicap so I just used the method over my last 20 competition rounds and it comes out at ......................7.
5 of the 6 oldest rounds are all high differentials so if I break 80 in a couple of the last 6 competitions I will be down a 6 in November but worse case still off 7.  When I add my bounce games in the spreadsheet comes up with a handicap of 4.9!!! So the game is there.

image.png.91db611dd58f4d1a9c2bd069d70ae6b7.png

WIMB

On 3/16/2019 at 12:23 AM, fixyurdivot said:

You'll find plenty of things to do and fill time. I always thought folks that told me they were busier in retirement than when working were full of it - but now almost 3 years retired I see what they mean.  The day after I retired I took my bedside alarm clock out to the woodpile where I had a large stump and splitting maul... only one of us returned 🙂.  Congratulations!

Even being retired, I still need the alarm clock to make sure I make my tee times.  🙂

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

• 4 weeks later...

Another cut gets me within striking distance of 5. I've got a final of a matchplay competition tomorrow and if I win I'm hoping the Match Secretary will cut me again. There is no set rule for this, he can't cut me to Cat 1 but he can take 1 stroke off which gets me to 5.6. Here's hoping, my game and weather holds out in October to get me there.

image.png.0abafbce434b57992cd3f47cd97bb0e7.png

WIMB

I retired almost five years ago. I play a lot of of golf, but there are many others things I enjoy doing like reading, watching movies and working in my yard. I also enjoy spending time with my six grandkids. I worried that I wouldn't be able to adjust, but like a lot of you; I wonder how I found the time to actually work before I retired. 

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

I been reading this thread with interest since I will be joining the retired golf community when I hit 60 y/o on September 26 2021. 

My wife was hit with a severe case of the golf bug 2  years ago so going out will be rather easy now. 

Having served  in USAF from '80 to 2000 , traveling is not that high on my list since I did plenty of it. I just want to know what it feels like to do nothing and drive slow because I have nowhere to go on time, unless I have a tee time!

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

I’ve been lucky, most of my working life I’ve worked for American Multinationals which provided great benefit packages including pension contribution. Having 5 to 10% contributed from the age of 26 made it possible. Oh and I keep my wife working!!

That's one of the things I emphasized with my kids - start saving and investing early and you'll quickly learn the miracle of compounding interest.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

That's one of the things I emphasized with my kids - start saving and investing early and you'll quickly learn the miracle of compounding interest.

That is something I wish the USAF had talked more when I joined in 1980, financial planning, you spend 8 weeks in training and then your handed 2 months wages, there is only one thing on your mind,,,,, let the good times roll,,, drinking age was 18 back then too

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

@MadMex ah so in the air force you have money to spend on liquor because you don't need to spend money to replace the crap Marines got in the chow hall xP...I think i spent half of my pay on pizza and burgers lol from off base...i am so far from retirement I can only imagine what that would be like when I get there...I am a young buck at mid 30's right now...enjoy the retirement guys you guys earned it!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

20 minutes ago, golfish! said:

@MadMex ah so in the air force you have money to spend on liquor because you don't need to spend money to replace the crap Marines got in the chow hall xP...I think i spent half of my pay on pizza and burgers lol from off base...i am so far from retirement I can only imagine what that would be like when I get there...I am a young buck at mid 30's right now...enjoy the retirement guys you guys earned it!

Can't argue your point, we do get taken care of nicely!!!! We had two per room in the 80's, found out only your NCO's had that "privilege" , we got done with our 8-9 hr duty day, we went home , you guys had PT and other associated duties. 

I feel like I retired from USAF last week, its been 20+ !!! 

Getting so close I can smell it, lowest handicap of my life!

image.png.94d8a26a8c62879bc4eac3f1d13f59d2.png

WIMB

• 2 weeks later...

@golfish! Saw this, thought you may enjoy this,,,, it's about right !

https://ifunny.co/video/sam-a112017-on-instagram-every-other-branch-eating-at-an-TW6h2llo6

Always “Pay yourself 1st”
My Father beat that into me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That is something I wish the USAF had talked more when I joined in 1980, financial planning, you spend 8 weeks in training and then your handed 2 months wages, there is only one thing on your mind,,,,, let the good times roll,,, drinking age was 18 back then too

That's a big miss in our educational system. There should be several mandatory classes in both high school and college on managing finances.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I can't wait to retire (i am only 36, so that is a long time from now). Hoping my finances allow me to have a winter home and a regular home, so i can play good weather golf year around. I have always been pretty conservative with retirement savings and make a pretty good living right now. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, MadMex said:

https://ifunny.co/video/sam-a112017-on-instagram-every-other-branch-eating-at-an-TW6h2llo6

This is ABSOLUTELY true lol

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

11 hours ago, MadMex said:

I was on a Navy Destroyer for a while and we had great food. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

It was a week of what might have been.

Sitting at 5.6, I decided to play in the Wednesday 9 hole comp, didn't hit the ball well and struggled with putting so 6 over round to moves my h/c back up to 5.7.

Played Saturday in 18 holer, started really badly 3 over after 2, the par 5 4th was in reach in 2 with a 205 carry over a ditch, wind behind this is easily reachable with my 3w. Shot cutting nicely onto the green and it embedded in the bank of the ditch to setup another bogey. So 4 over after 4 and looking like a cut unlikely, birdied 6 and 7, lipped out 8 for birdie and bogied 9 for +3 going out. Need level par back into get to the elusive 5.4. Putting for birdie on all the holes on back 9 except for 14th, didn't get any, 16, 17 and 18 from 10 ,9 and 6 feet respectively and bogied 11 and 14 so 5 over and cut to 5.5.

I realised if I didn't play on Wednesday competition which I rarely do play in I would have made it.  

There is only one week to go of competition but there is a weather warning in place of heavy rain for most of Scotland for Monday and Tuesday. The course is very soft in places and I suspect they will struggle to get the summer course open all week. I will be surprised if we get to play the scheduled final rounds of the season.

16 months since I retired in June 2019 and I started driving to get to 5 it comes down to one more good round. If not WHS will take me up to ~6.2 and I start with a new goal next year.

I look back on the totally depressing performance of June to Sept last year of going up 0.1 a round to a really solid season this year 8.7 to 5.5 drop I should be really happy but!! 

image.png.743b6955b4071d33da84899cd4404cfa.png

WIMB