Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Inventory

revkev

We had a mishap in our bathroom that led to flooding in our closet and my entire back up inventory of clubs on the back porch.

Several thousand dollars and a torn up front yard later today was the day to put the clubs back on the closet. Here’s my inventory including my gamer clubs with some thoughts on the whys of it.

7 drivers (one of them is a smaller headed Wishon gem - wink, wink Shankster)

This one is easy. I’m always chasing distance. Every one of these drivers came in an attempt to hit the ball farther. Two are out on loan.

5 iron sets -

One is steel shafted and it represents a younger time - it’s the one my son uses. The Nicklaus irons just got old. One was a drunken purchase on eBay, another was a set that I won in a MGS contest and then my gamers.

5 fairway woods -

I don’t hit fairway wood particularly well. All of these were attempts to address that issue.

6 hybrids

They basically fit the gapping of the iron sets into the fairway wood that I don’t hit well.

12 Random wedges -

The older ones were for gapping and bounce variety and the newer ones are SCORs and their Hogan TK back ups.

4 putters -

One came as a scramble prize, it’s out on loan, two were in my bag for eons and I don’t have the heart to get rid of them. And then there’s my EVNRoll. Between the EVNRoll and my old Voodoo Daddy that no one is allowed to touch I have no desire to even glance at another putter.

So what’s your club inventory like and how/why did it get there?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

First let me say, "Yikes!" on the water damage issue. That's awful, but I'm glad you got through it. Did your insurance cover any of it, or did they find a DB-way to wiggle out of it? Also glad to understand your club stash seems to have made it through OK. Hopefully nothing else of sentimental or high-family value was damaged. Sheesh!

I don't have too much to contribute here since I have generally turned around my past clubs in order to pay for newer ones...and add to that, that I've only been a "club Ho" for a mere year & a half or so. Saying all that, I currently only have 4 clubs in the wings;

2-putters.

• One is an Anser C G2i I got early last year so I could dress it up with the BSU grip & headcover the kids got me for Christmas just before. I've done some extra blue & orange paint-fill on it and used it quite a lot, but eventually want to cut it down to 33". This one goes nowhere.
  • The other is an old Knight Intech Balata that my Dad found in his girlfriends house that was her deceased husband's. Selling.

1-Hybrid

• My PING G 3h that I simply cannot hit well. Selling.

1-wedge

• The addition of my custom 60 has for now, bounced the 58* out, but that may change back and then back again...either way, it goes nowhere other than in my bag or the garage depending.

I'm sure there will be better contributors than me (I'm talkin' to you @Golfspy_CG2 !!!😜), and it'll be fun to read up with what they have socked away-great thread Rev!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I'm actually kind of scared to do a full inventory.  But I just traded in a driver, 3w, set of irons, 2 wedges and a putter for a new Cobra F9 driver.

So without actually looking that gets me down to 4-5 drivers, 1 3w, 1 5w, 6 hybrids, 3 sets of irons, 1 graphite shafted 4i, 7 wedges plus another 5-7 wedge heads that aren't shafted, 5-6 putters, and 2 random 7i demo irons.  3 extra sets of irons shafts, 2 extra driver shafts, some random iron shafts I'm not sure what they came out of and maybe 8 bags.

Let's not get in to balls, grips, gloves or shoes.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I must be quite conservative by the looks of some  of you. 

I have 2 drivers (Mizuno and Bridgestone), 2 3 woods (Mizuno and Bridgestone) but one of them is going, 1 5 wood, 2 sets of hybrids, 2 sets of irons, 2 sets of wedges and 1 putter.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You guys are Dicks sporting goods compared to me....

1 bag

1 driver

1 4 wood

1 hybrid

1 set irons

2 wedges

1 putter

2 dozen balls

3 gloves

2 pairs shoes

9 tees 🙄

I am Scottish you know.........😏😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I used to have quite the inventory, but recently took them to a local shop for consignment.  Using the store credit for golf balls.  🙂  I still, however, have a large selection of wedges and putters..... LOL  Short game is my weakness and keep thinking the next great answer is around the corner...surely it isn't my flawed technique!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Bummer Rev. I hope nothing was ruined. I sometimes fear something like that will happen to my inventory, which really is inventory for sale.

Iron sets:

KZG Forged Cavity backs
1954 Hogan Precision
1958 Wilson Dyna-Powered
1957 Hogan Precision
1958 Hogan Saber- heads only
1960 Hogan Power Thrust- heads only
1988 Macgregor CB-92

Putters:

About 20 or so, half are vintage Pings

Woods:

Around 650 persimmon woods, not sure the exact number at this point.

So, I’d say a quite reasonable amount really. Now if I go buy the 167 hickory clubs for $600 listed on Craigslist, then it might get a bit absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

17 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

You guys are Dicks sporting goods compared to me....

1 bag

1 driver

1 4 wood

1 hybrid

1 set irons

2 wedges

1 putter

2 dozen balls

3 gloves

2 pairs shoes

9 tees 🙄

I am Scottish you know.........😏😂

I'm with perseveringgolfer on this - except I have 2 drivers and 4 pairs of shoes 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I avoided including accessories because that could be its own thread.

I’m pretty well appointed there - except shoes - I only have 3 pairs of shoes. I’m due for a new pair. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What you see in my signature is what I have.  I just sold my GBB at a park yard sale several weeks ago.  Now, if you want to discuss fly fishing rods, reels, and fly tying materials, I'll go out on a limb here and say game, set and match for @fixyurdivot😄.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I don't have a huge inventory since I generally trade or sell to get new clubs.  

3 Drivers:  Taylor Made R1 Black (bought new),  Srixon Z355 (won in contest),  Ping G400 Max(won in drawing)

2 Fairway woods:  Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 (bought off friend), T-Less Driver

Hybrids - 19* and 21*  Titleist (originally 5wood and 4 iron replacements only gaming the 19* now)

2 Irons sets:  Just sold what would have been third.   Callaway X-Hot Pros (replaced 10 year old set),  Wilson C300 Forged (forum testing)

Wedges:  54* Cleveland (high bounce option)  54* Titleist (low bounce option),  58* Cleveland 

Putters:  Taylor Made TM-180 (picked based on input from putting Instructor), Bettinardi SS2 (won in auction),  MLA Tour Blade F&T (won in auction),  EvnRoll ER2.2 (won in drawing)

3 Bags (just never got rid of the old bags and they hold extra equipment)  and dozens of golf balls (obtained from a variety of sources)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Water always wins. That stinks, sorry for your luck.

Mine is simple. New club in means old club moves out. It’s easier to justify to my wife and it’s less stuff around the house.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

@csnoil - tell us about the tee less driver from the turf.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

11 hours ago, revkev said:

I avoided including accessories because that could be its own thread.

I’m pretty well appointed there - except shoes - I only have 3 pairs of shoes. I’m due for a new pair. 🙂

Join us Brother...

😉

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

9 hours ago, revkev said:

@csnoil - tell us about the tee less driver from the turf.

i have posted a couple of reviews of the club and it works pretty well.   It is designed for slower swing speeds and works quite well from turf.   Saw several players gaining 15+ yards compared to their three wood when played from the deck.   Basically just like the commercial says you play it like a seven iron and with the weight placement it generates spin and launch which is needed with the slower swing speed.   For me I got more height and straighter ball flight but didn't gain any distance;  I didn't get actual numbers for my swing.  I really liked hitting it from the turf and rough and places where I needed 3 wood distance but didn't want to hit a 3 wood.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This is easy for me: one set of clubs, no extras, 3 putters. That’s it. I don’t keep any extra clubs around. If they’re not in-play, they are sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I used to be a hoarder.

Besides my 14, I have an extra Driver and 3 old Vokeys. 52/56/60 ( 3 years ago I switched to RTX 3’s 50/54/58).

I don’t count my 4 putters. They’re special!

One is an old wood shafted Spaulding from the 40’s which still gets into the rotation

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

My collection is steadily growing. 

After my 14, I have an extra Driver, 3W, 3H, 4-GW and 2 putters. None of those clubs see the course, but they are still there. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived