hckymeyer

K-Sig strikes again ... Gloves

Alright I'm sold on these after playing 9 today. It was 82F and 64% humidity and they didn't feel any sweatier than the MGs I was using prior, even though those felt significantly thinner feeling. Only thing left to test is the durability!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

even though those felt significantly thinner feeling

Question. Which model of the MG have you been wearing? The original Dyna-Grip or the Elite? I prefer the Elite as they are thinner. Which model to you compare your K-sig glove?

• Like 1

Alright I'm sold on these after playing 9 today. It was 82F and 64% humidity and they didn't feel any sweatier than the MGs I was using prior, even though those felt significantly thinner feeling. Only thing left to test is the durability!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don’t like that where you are was 82 degrees. There was sleet on my lawn last night. #newenglandgolferproblems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Question. Which model of the MG have you been wearing? The original Dyna-Grip or the Elite? I prefer the Elite as they are thinner. Which model to you compare your K-sig glove?

I was also using the elite. These Kirkland gloves feel softer, but that might be just due to the fact that they aren't as thin. If you absolutely have to play a glove as thin as the elite, you're probably not going to like these.

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I don’t like that where you are was 82 degrees. There was sleet on my lawn last night. #newenglandgolferproblems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pineapples like me don't do well in the cold. When it drops below 70 here we put sweaters on.

• Like 4

So I had a chance to take one for a spin on Saturday. Fur a budget glove.. if you desire to call it that.. it's as good as anything out there! and for the category that its price point puts it.. nothing comes within miles.. Hmm..  sound familiar? K-Sig 4 piece perhaps? 

Yes it is a tad thicker than the previous Costco offering from Callaway but it's pretty darn comfy. The qualm that I had with the Callaways is that perhaps they were too thin. I like gloves to fit skin tight and stretch them out a little. While the Callaway gloves were comfortable and appeared to conform to my hand pretty nicely, after just a few rounds, I noticed substantial wear starting to show. In AZ where we.. or at list I sweat quite a lot, the Callaways absorbed the sweat quite abundantly and even when placing in a Zip-Loc baggie in between rounds, the sweat just seemed to make the glove shriveled and crispy after a short time. Those only lasted about a month each before the palm or fingers split out. So far, after 2 range sessions and a round, there is no noticeable wear that I would be used to with the Callaways.. and the leather is still very soft (supple if you will). Of course time will tell. 

I would probably compare these to the PGATSS house glove (another awesome budget leather glove for $10) but slightly better quality (not quite as thick), half the price, and better looking overall. Even a $10 price tag is half of what the big names come with and $5 just makes them all look silly. The thought does creep in that perhaps my patronage is somehow supporting child-labor over-seas because of how humorously inexpensive these things are, but I'll let that be on Costco's conscience. 

The only real complaint that I have is the logo patch.. somewhat off-putting IMO. But it's really only if you pay close attention to that kind of thing. It didn't bother me a bit throughout the round. The poker chip.. straight to the trash. I'm not that hard-core for Costco. 

Overall I'd definitely suggest picking up a pack if not many to stockpile for when Costco gets dragged into another patent infringement lawsuit by Titleist.  

I got a four pack on the way. How did they compare size wise to the Callaway glove that costco used to offer? I liked the Callaway that they had and a medium fit perfect.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I previously used the Costco Callaway glove. I ordered a four pack of the new Kirkland gloves in medium large. They were a bit too small when I tried them on, so I returned them at the local Costco and ordered the glove in large from Costco online.  They fit great. Very comfortable so far.  The Kirkland poker chip ball marker is in the bottom of my bag and will likely stay there.

I'll post some long term reviews, especially after the temperatures here climb above 90.

I forgot to follow up, by order arrived last week. Haven't used them in play yet, but as far as fit goes, they are just about perfect fit. It's that kind of fit that almost feels snug at first, but as soon as you open and close your fist it flexes to the perfect fit.

I've played several rounds now with the Kirkland glove, and used it on the driving range. Here's the bottom line for me - I don't think about the Kirkland glove when I'm wearing it.  That's just what I want in a glove. Put it on and forget about it.  Even if they were more expensive, I'd still recommend them.

• Like 2

My local Costco is stocking them now, so I picked up a pack. I used one for 27 holes over the weekend and I like it a lot so far. Unlike most all leather gloves it was not too hot on my hand and felt very comfortable. Perfect fit too.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Found them at my local Costco. Very good quality gloves, much better than Callaway Cabrettas. Bought them because of MGS mention and it delivers.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

But an observation: is there a less cool ball marker than the included Costco poker chip? 🙂

... Imo ALL poker chip ball makers are most definitely not cool. 😳  The whole idea of a ball marker is to be unobtrusive on the green and just mark your ball position. You don't have to go as far as Weiskopf and ridicule a competitor for using a shiny marker but nothing worse than trying to see the line, only to be distracted by a silly, large and distracting poker chip. Not only large in diameter but tall and most definitely a distraction anywhere near another line. I still think non shiny coins of any kind work well and I surely can't be the only one that feels this way ...

Edited by chisag
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Imo ALL poker chip ball makers are most definitely not cool. 😳  The whole idea of a ball marker is to be unobtrusive on the green and just mark your ball position. You don't have to go as far as Weiskopf and ridicule a competitor for using a shiny marker but nothing worse than trying to see the line, only to be distracted by a silly, large and distracting poker chip. Not only large in diameter but tall and most definitely a distraction anywhere near another line. I still think non shiny coins of any kind work well and I surely can't be the only one that feels this way ...

LOL... at my old course we had a retired "pro" that was really obnoxious.  He always started a conversation with "The fact of the matter is...", or "You see, it's like this...".  My wife and I were always "lucky" to have him barge into our play.  One day she used one of those glitzy ball markers.  (I think she got it on purpose.)  He got ready to putt and the marker was near his line.  He said, "My retinas are are burning!" and shielded his eyes.  We all laughed and she went and bought a bigger, glitzy ball marker.  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like the form factor of a poker chips in my pocket when walking around the course because they are slim and lightweight. However, they have no place in the green which is why I like the chips with a removable ball marker in the center. 

Something like these: https://www.chipsandgames.com/customballmarkerswithmagneticpokerchips.aspx

39 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

I like the form factor of a poker chips in my pocket when walking around the course because they are slim and lightweight. However, they have no place in the green which is why I like the chips with a removable ball marker in the center. 

... Nice. I got one like that at the PGA show. From Golf Pride it is a thick metal magnetic disc with rounded edges that feels nice in the pocket and easy to find, and it also has a removable small disc in the center. 

• Like 1

I am still using the same Kirkland glove that I mentioned back in May. And I play at least once a week so it is pretty durable.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 6/27/2019 at 12:42 PM, chisag said:

I seem to recall that John Daly once was penalized for using a hotel room key as a ball marker.

But back on topic, just picked up a 4 pack of the gloves, they feel ok, will be trying them on the course this weekend.

My local Costco had the gloves in July....so picked up a pack. My impression...…….WOW. One of the best gloves I've had and for the money...this is a NO BRAINER! Went back to stock up more while they had them....3 pk for $14.95.

I'm in NE FL and it's been hot.....been rotating between the first 3 gloves (drying during round). All 3 are still in great shape with little to no wear after a dozen rounds and many range sessions.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'll definitely be interested in seeing people's reviews on these.

But an observation: is there a less cool ball marker than the included Costco poker chip? 🙂

I know I'm a bit late to the party but... as an answer to this - I guess it depends if you are golfing with Costco execs and looking for their business... 🙂

Love these gloves (except for the fugly logo. They've held up really well and have stayed relatively soft.

Very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy