TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist under rated?

revkev

I know what you may be thinking be hear me out. While they don’t often get a lot of play in our forums and rarely if ever take any sort most wanted category they are winning the war on tour.

Of course I know there’s pay for play there but to sweep every equipment category one week and to be number one in driver usage most weeks, that’s impressive.

So why the little love for them?

Thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Imo they have a brand perception albeit imo not accurate. The brand itself is perceived as elitist, stuffy and other unflattering adjectives. I think this comes from them being a country club type brand.

Their drivers have been shorter distance on avg compared to the distance kings like TM and Callaway (imo the 915 and 917 were overall better than Callaway and 917 was longer than m1 and m3/4, about the same as m2). There is some truth in the numbers and titleist admitted they needed to step up the distance game for off the shelf which is how many avg Joe golfers buy.

Their irons have had the perception of requiring skills of of a good golfer. Not what I have since since the 710 lineup.

They aren’t an in your face marketing machine like TM was and Callaway has become since The crew from TM went there and started the 5 year war.

I think overall the company is trying to change some of hay perception and we all know perception is reality to most people 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've never known anyone who played Titleist irons say anything negative. I've only used Titleist drivers. I had one of the original 905D Titanium drivers and I gamed that club for about 4 years. Just last season i picked up a 917 and it has been just as good even a bit better than the M2 that it replaced.

I agree the brand seems to have an image problem that says 'I'm an equipment snob'. My take on the clubs- the rest of the market has caught up to Titleist in price point so now Titleist has to work to match performance with everybody else. The irons always seem to be just enough more expensive than the other guys' comparable equipment that I would lean toward the other guys. 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

They don’t market anything but balls, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

They don’t market anything but balls, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s subtle advertisement when compared to how Callaway or TM market their stuff. Their bread and butter is the ball market though which is why there is more ball advertisement for those than clubs

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think it really depends on when you got into the game.

When I started playing Tiger had just won with some titleist clubs in the bag, and Ernie won with some Taylormade clubs, original Burner Bubble. My dad bought Taylormade’s and got me the Titleist’s.

Cobra was an old man brand at the time being that their marketing was geared towards older gentlemen. And they were preaching Over Sized irons (not necessarily older crowd) but you get my point.

Titleist is what everyone wanted. That 975 driver was in everyone’s bag.

MaxFli golf balls were top tier.

Ram was fizzling out, as was Slazenger.

Callaway was John Daly.

Move forward 20 years.

Cobra is the cool kids (adults) brand.

Titleist just relies on their name.

Taylormade and Callaway are marketing machines that gets hard to follow.

PXG is the stuffy if you ain’t rich don’t look our direction.

And PING... is pretty much the same. There is a cult following.

I think the price tag of the ProV1 is what has affected the perception of the brand. When I first started following golf Titleist clubs were a bit more expensive than the other, but now all the big boys are just about even in price.

With the preaching of getting properly fit and availability of fitting carts now I think the TS woods will do well. Titleist admitted that while the driver performed when paired with the right shaft. People want to pick something up, hit it and take it home right now!! But again with improved performance from a fitting they might be willing to wait that week for their shaft to come in now.

As for irons I gamed both the AP1/AP2 and while they aren't heads and shoulders above the rest of the field in performance (tried a number of other brands on the launch monitor) they've definitely got game.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have to second what @RickyBobby_PR said in his first post. It's all about how the brand is perceived - for the better player. That's really just not true though and anyone who's gamed or otherwise given Titleist a fair shake would likely agree. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I've always liked Titleist as a company and a brand, ever since as a boy they replaced a set of tour blades - I had saved up to buy - that developed small rust spotmarks, a new set arrived, an apology letter and a sleeve of prov1's. 

I think if you asked any golfer the top 3 brands in golf equipment Titleist would be at #1 or #2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I don't think it's equipment snobbery, but rather they have a reputation of being a players club and it scares away a lot of players that might otherwise consider them.  With the advent of the AP series, they are a much more forgiving iron than they used to be, that's for sure.  With regards to their woods, they're great woods, but rarely get the attention that the media magnets get.  Why Titleist focuses on advertising their ball (which already has great brand recognition) and not more advertising of their clubs remains a mystery to me.  Meanwhile, Callaway and TaylorMade really emphasize distance in their advertising.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Did this year's brand perception survey results get posted yet?

When I think of Titleist I think of classic, low-tech, beautiful clubs. They might not even actually be lacking in tech, but the clean subtle looks just make them appear that way.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

When I think Titleist,  I generally think Golf Balls, Vokey and Scotty Cameron.  They aren't a marketing machine like the likes of TM, Callaway, and even PXG.   but they produce solid clubs from top to bottom of their line.   I personally am a huge fan of their hybrids as they have never been the hook machines that defined most early hybrids.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If you have ever called to work on club head damage/info with Titleist support they are top notch.

I see a lot of happy Titleist club owns every year.

If I had one issue with Titleist driver/ woods it would be the crown Paint. It chips to easy. I get a lot of guys wanting them cleaned up. ( Of course the chips are from the Tees hitting it, never hitting to high on the face /sarc off).

I think Titleist has a different approach to marketing  than some. Most pro shops have a couple bags you can try out on the course just ask, that cost a few bucks.

All this is IMO

10shot 

I like Titleist equipment a lot. I play the Pro V1x and have been criticized for that here because I’m over spending on my ball. Except that’s what my club carries and I get $100 in pro shop credit for what I spend in the grill room each year. So for $20 out of pocket I get a years worth of balls personalized. And they’re pretty good balls - far and away the number one ball on tour.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My personal opinion of Titleist is that they approach the game from a totally different direction than most OEMs. Titleist tries to produce clubs that would win out if properly fit, and would win in a dispersion, consistency, and accuracy battle, not distance. I think Titleist tries to produce clubs that will help you shoot the lowest score, not outdrive your buddies by 15 yards, or hit a 30° PW 170. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I'm not a fan but that has more to do with my distaste for their local rep. A good rep can really help a company's reputation but theirs is quite unpleasant and has spent decades lording his position over everyone in the industry. If you're in the business you need Pro V1s and Cameron putters and he knows it and acts like it. I won't buy their products.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I have to say before last year when I was fitted for the AP2/AP3 irons during a fitting at Club champion... There was no way I was thinking about Titleist. I was more than shocked when they came out on top. My regular Sunday morning group can attest to this. I had such a meh view of Titleist...even though I played a set of their DCI 981 irons for a few years back when I was new to golf.

They weren't on my radar for a couple reasons. First I hadn't hit a wood of theirs that I actually liked pretty much ever. I always thought of their woods as hitting a block of wood. And that stuck with me for a long time. Then the ball aspect of things drove me away because there's no way I'm paying $40 or $50 for a dozen golf balls. Made me feel like the whole brand was for a more elite group that I wasn't a part of. So I stayed away from the brand for a loooooooooooong time.

But when I was fit into the 718 irons my mind changed a bit... At least in terms of the brand and their clubs. I was super impressed with the feel of the irons and the performance obviously. The woods I was not impressed with at that point... Although the new TS line has me intrigued. I think they've come a long way in the technology with their woods and I think they've done a good job so far with that line.

They definitely been and continue to be viewed as a players club and as a club for better players. And I think those are the markets that they certainly targeted in the past. But with the improvements to the AP1/AP2 and the release of the AP3... I think they've decided to spread their wings a little bit. And I believe that could certainly be huge for them, although they need to break the existing perception.

They still don't do the advertising like a lot of club brands do, but it's obviously more than what they used to do. One of the things that drove me crazy is that even recently, they didn't have a social media person that actually got involved and was interactive with their client base. I think that's just changed maybe in the past 2 years. They've got Team Titleist which is fun.... Especially the Facebook group. So they're moving into today's realm of things, but they were lacking for a long while.

I look forward to seeing where they go... And hopefully some of that will be more participation with their target market. And I think that'll happen. I've already seen a couple of golf forums that have put together events with Titleist and that's always been rare.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

It's all in the perception of the brand.  The days of "you have to be a better player" to play Titleist clubs is gone.  With the introduction of the AP1 & AP3 irons & now the TS lineup, their clubs are being designed for the masses.  I feel that they don't have to advertise as much as the other OEM's because of their reputation.  To be honest, they know they are good.  They just sit back & take all the accolades.  Everyone associates the ball, wedges & putters with Titleist.

Just look at my signature!  I love Titleist!  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I will say what I love about Titleist is the fact that they DON'T release new clubs every 6 months or so like TM and Callaway.  Titleist keeps a model for about 2 years.  If I go buy any TM product now, it will be old news by August.  I think that the snob appeal has started to come down and I feel as if Titleist is trying to go after a younger demographic with their drivers.  As stated earlier, I don't see much push for any of the irons, just the balls and driver.  I don't even see a push for the wedges.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Agree with all the comments on the "better player" club perception. Up until I got fitted for new irons I never would have though I was good enough to play Titleist clubs. Other than that theory not sure why more people dont give them the credit.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Agree with all the comments on the "better player" club perception. Up until I got fitted for new irons I never would have though I was good enough to play Titleist clubs. Other than that theory not sure why more people dont give them the credit.

Likewise. I’m terrible but the 910 D2 was one of the most consistent drivers I’ve ever owned. Shame on me for moving it.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I love Titleist. The Pro V sets the bar for every other ball. Their irons are consistently great, vokey wedges are everywhere, their FWs and hybrids are always top performers, and outside of the 917 driver, their big boys are always good. In my opinion, they take a hit as being “players “ clubs, but in reality, they have something for everyone.

I'll echo any of the other sentiments already said, but I think for me it's always been a perception thing. I thought Titleist was geared toward better players and I think their marketing and design tend to go away from the catchy terminology like jailbrak, or twist face. Think my perception changed recently when I tried the TS2 fairway wood. Hot face and got the best distance even compared to others like Callaway, G410 and Taylormade. Needless to say the TS2may be in the bag relatively soon haha.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Every golf group I’ve ever played in the better golfers in those groups inevitably played Titleist. For many years the titleist products targeted that same group of elite golfers but in recent years they have expanded their target to include Golfers of all skill levels. Because Titleist utilizes the PGA tour to provide evidence of their product quality the average Golfer feels out of touch with their products.

Why has Titleist been so successful on Tour? Money and market saturation. Titleist has more staff players on tour than all others combined so quit naturally they are going to have more victories.

Are Titleist clubs underrated? I don’t think so I just think the average Golfer still feels like they are for better Golfers. Maybe a better word is misunderstood.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, gaussman1 said:

I'm not a fan but that has more to do with my distaste for their local rep. A good rep can really help a company's reputation but theirs is quite unpleasant and has spent decades lording his position over everyone in the industry. If you're in the business you need Pro V1s and Cameron putters and he knows it and acts like it. I won't buy their products.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow. We are fortunate.  Our Rep is not only a great rep.  But a great person.  We may only do 25k witj them per year.  But be treats us like it's 250k.  Not surprising he won the Mid Atlantic Sales Rep of the year from the MAPGA. So that takes into account every company rep in the entire Mid Atalantic. 

But you are right often times the rep or the tech rep for an area can do much more harm then good. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

I have always loved what Titleist has produced in every line. I just think that they have always been thought of as a players club and that’s why a lot of people have never tried their equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titliest has never been one of my favorite companies, not anything wrong with them in my opinion but their equipment has never been good to my swing. I've had AP2's and they were just shorter, at least a club even than other irons I've had in the past. I used to play the prov1x but have since switched to Taylormade as that ball has just been killer for me,

If anything, I think Titleist sat on their thumbs a bit when other companies were pushing new tech in their woods and it hurt them. A lot of the older guys where I play are sold on Titleist for being more traditional and the younger generation seem to gravitate towards the new tech of (insert other brand here). 

Of course I understand that they've changed their tune a bit and are starting to move towards accepting new ideas but time will tell if the younger generation buys into it

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I think the perception is absolutely true for most people. I think it's different for people who really get into research and follow equipment. I have nothing bad to say about titliest, I love their apparel, but I tested their AP irons and I tested several of their golf balls. They performed really well. For me it just came down to Mizuno irons played a little bit better for me and bridgestone balls performed better for me. I did recently get a Cameron putter and while it was fit for me and preforms so beautifully, I didn't get it because it was titliest, I got it because it was Cameron.

I would test then again when it comes time to replace things.

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Admittedly I'm a bit of a Titleist fanboy, but in my experience is that people think of them as a ball company first and club manufacturer second.

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

As with any company, it's all perception.  Titleist has been around for quite a while but most everyone associated them with balls & balls alone.  Mainly because of the advertising that goes on with the ball every week from the Tour.  #1 played at this tournament & that tournament, etc.  It's also been the perception that you had to be a good or great player to play their irons.  Luckily they are finally getting away from that stigma with their introduction of the AP1 & AP3 lines of irons.  Advertising both the irons & the wood lineup this year has done well for them.  The TS line of woods is one of, if not the best, woods they have ever come out with.  And that's saying something from me, since I've played Titleist clubs from way back in the day of the Acushnet era of the late 70's & the original metal woods of the early 80's.

I'm happy to see the direction Titleist is going now.  It's great to see & I look forward to the next iterations for years to come 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot