Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

The best deal in golf for a sub 90MPH swing speed golfer

Thin2win

Hello all. I've been helping my wife get fit for a driver this year, it has been an interesting experience. But one that I think could benefit many others as well. Her driver swing speed is normally about 70mph, trying to find a driver that has enough loft for her to get better numbers than just hitting a 3 wood has been hard. 

But today we found an incredible winner, and massive value. A driver that many of you have probably read up on or watched Rick Shiels gush over. The Cobra F9. 

Why was this club so amazing for her? Well, a couple reasons. First, she is 5'1", and with her swing speed, loft and backspin are huge helps. Cobra offers the F9 with a head that goes up to 14* of loft, that was 2 more degrees than her previous game. That got her launch angle up and increased her spin for 30 more yards of carry. The second reason and why this club is a massive value. The Cobra Jr program. 

We got her the Jr's version of the F9. Same exact head(only available in the 12.5 loft head), but comes with a junior length and flex shaft. Which as it turns out, is basically prefect for her height and swing speed. The real icing on the cake is that for the next 2 years, if she ever wants a new shaft cobra will give a free 1 time upgrade to any shaft in their stock lineup. Their thinking is a junior golfer will increase club speed over two years and will need a new shaft, so they include one. So if she does want a new shaft of full length, she gets one for free. 

To top it all off... It is $100 less than their current list price of the regular F9. $349.00, all day every day. 

So if you are looking for a driver that has a loft setting up to 14, don't buy the regular F9, buy the Jr version and use your free shaft upgrade. 

This is amazing in my book. That is basically $200 less than most of the other offerings out there. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

That is awesome, happy that she (and you) found such a great deal on a great club. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Hello all. I've been helping my wife get fit for a driver this year, it has been an interesting experience. But one that I think could benefit many others as well. Her driver swing speed is normally about 70mph, trying to find a driver that has enough loft for her to get better numbers than just hitting a 3 wood has been hard. 

But today we found an incredible winner, and massive value. A driver that many of you have probably read up on or watched Rick Shiels gush over. The Cobra F9. 
Why was this club so amazing for her? Well, a couple reasons. First, she is 5'1", and with her swing speed, loft and backspin are huge helps. Cobra offers the F9 with a head that goes up to 14* of loft, that was 2 more degrees than her previous game. That got her launch angle up and increased her spin for 30 more yards of carry. The second reason and why this club is a massive value. The Cobra Jr program. 
We got her the Jr's version of the F9. Same exact head(only available in the 12.5 loft head), but comes with a junior length and flex shaft. Which as it turns out, is basically prefect for her height and swing speed. The real icing on the cake is that for the next 2 years, if she ever wants a new shaft cobra will give a free 1 time upgrade to any shaft in their stock lineup. Their thinking is a junior golfer will increase club speed over two years and will need a new shaft, so they include one. So if she does want a new shaft of full length, she gets one for free. 
To top it all off... It is $100 less than their current list price of the regular F9. $349.00, all day every day. 
So if you are looking for a driver that has a loft setting up to 14, don't buy the regular F9, buy the Jr version and use your free shaft upgrade. 
This is amazing in my book. That is basically $200 less than most of the other offerings out there. 

Thanks that's great to know. My wife will be getting fit sometime in May and I'll make sure this driver is in the mix.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I don't know what to say. Went to the driving range today with the wife, she loves the club. She is crushing it. So, I wanted to hit it...

It is a Jr length and flex shaft set at 14*. So maybe 40" shaft length. Not my ideal settings... Or at least I didn't think so. Then I started hitting it, carried 10 yards further than mine and I hit it straighter, a lot straighter ... Golf is ridiculous. My radar says that I manage to swing it 3 mph faster than my current 45“ G400 Max... 

Someone make this make sense. Haha. 

That said, the F9 is an amazing feeling /sounding club. Regardless of anything else, just feels like the ball it coming off the face with a mission. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Wow that is a great deal! Especially for getting kids into golf and their increasing strength.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

On 3/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Thin2win said:

I don't know what to say. Went to the driving range today with the wife, she loves the club. She is crushing it. So, I wanted to hit it...

It is a Jr length and flex shaft set at 14*. So maybe 40" shaft length. Not my ideal settings... Or at least I didn't think so. Then I started hitting it, carried 10 yards further than mine and I hit it straighter, a lot straighter ... Golf is ridiculous. My radar says that I manage to swing it 3 mph faster than my current 45“ G400 Max... 

Someone make this make sense. Haha. 

That said, the F9 is an amazing feeling /sounding club. Regardless of anything else, just feels like the ball it coming off the face with a mission. 

I guess you are just a kid at heart.  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived