Shankster

Taylormade Hi-Toe (Unofficial Review)

Sharp looking stick right there! Good start on the review too, well done. I'd like to know how is performs from 50 on in and if you can bump-n-run with it at all. Nice Job Shanks!

• Like 1

Sharp looking stick right there! Good start on the review too, well done. I'd like to know how is performs from 50 on in and if you can bump-n-run with it at all. Nice Job Shanks!

50 and in is the fun zone. You got it.

Here’s the first strike. A chip in my basement.

IMG_5137.JPG
  • Like 6

Very nice!!  I seriously considered the Hi-Toe last month, but finally decided on the new Callaway PM grind.  The main reason was Callaway went to a C-grind sole, and they added a 54º to their lineup.  What I am not sure about is the bounce angle.  These clubs have more bounce than I am used to playing; might be nice on softer turf, but I will see.  I like the grooves all the way across the face.  It seems that when I open the blade for chip shots, I tend to hit toward the toe.  Both the Hi-Toe and the PM Grind have a groove lower on the face than most wedges.  I like that playing off firm turf.

Let me know how easy you can vary chip height and rollout from 4 feet off the green when the snow melts.  I haven't had my PM grind out yet either.  Snow is about gone, and the 50-60º days are helping.  Should be able to get out later this week.

• Like 2

Thanks Kenny. I considered the Callaway version myself. Could have got the shaft combo for cheaper. It was a $25 upcharge. Plus Phil the thrill helped design them. He is the hi toe ninja.

4’ off the green you got it.

• Like 3

Looking sharp!

Hope you get out from under the snow, soon. Under the bridge we're looking at playing this weekend already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thanks Kenny. I considered the Callaway version myself. Could have got the shaft combo for cheaper. It was a $25 upcharge. Plus Phil the thrill helped design them. He is the hi toe ninja.

4’ off the green you got it.

I had to wait 3 weeks for the KBS Tour 90 shaft.  Callaway said it was back ordered.  Then they got it and put the Tour Grey head on it.  I got a call asking if I wanted it that way; I ordered the chrome and 2º flat lie.  I special ordered the club; why would I want something different!!

• Like 1

I had to wait 3 weeks for the KBS Tour 90 shaft.  Callaway said it was back ordered.  Then they got it and put the Tour Grey head on it.  I got a call asking if I wanted it that way; I ordered the chrome and 2º flat lie.  I special ordered the club; why would I want something different!!

As far as I can tell they matched my specs. Shaft feels nice and soft. I am wondering about the extra two wraps of tape though. Grip feels skinny. But they said it wouldn’t ship till today originally, and here I am staring at it, trying to will the snow away.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

As far as I can tell they matched my specs. Shaft feels nice and soft. I am wondering about the extra two wraps of tape though. Grip feels skinny. But they said it wouldn’t ship till today originally, and here I am staring at it, trying to will the snow away.

Callaway didn't have the shaft I wanted; Nippon that matches my other clubs.  I asked if I could get the head only... No.  I may be changing the shaft out if I like the feel of the club-turf interaction.

Mine feels pretty good with 3 wraps, and the stock Golf Pride grip is OK but it will be changed out shortly anyway.  They don't offer my Pure Grips.

• Like 1

Ah, one more note on why I got this. 🤦🏼‍♂️

*The most important part!!*

The higher center of gravity is what sold me. Can’t wait to see what wizardry is in this thing.

• Like 2

Maryland?  =) 

• Like 1

Maryland?  =) 

Yep. Be there late July for at least a year.
  • Like 1

Just now, Shankster said:

Yep. Be there late July for at least a year.

Nice!  Should be able to play at least 11 months out of the year.  🙂

• Like 1

Great start to the review. Snow sucks. I’m very interested in this (spatula looking wedges) and the PM. I just don’t understand if there that great why don’t more Pros game them? The TM is received pretty good from their staffers, but the Callaway staffers not so much. I’ve never seen one on the course and play about 70 rounds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great start to the review. Snow sucks. I’m very interested in this (spatula looking wedges) and the PM. I just don’t understand if there that great why don’t more Pros game them? The TM is received pretty good from their staffers, but the Callaway staffers not so much. I’ve never seen one on the course and play about 70 rounds a year.

Very not spatula looking... very happily surprised. Much smaller than I expected.

Hi - Toe vs BStone

IMG_5138.JPG
  • Like 3

Very not spatula looking... very happily surprised. Much smaller than I expected.

Hi - Toe vs BStone

IMG_5138.thumb.JPG.b4ef4eee85e26c45511976dd912931b3.JPG

Oh I definitely like the looks over the PM.

• Like 1

Oh I definitely like the looks over the PM.

I’m loving it so far. Obviously no grass, but I hit about 50 shots in the basement.
  • Like 1

Good looking club

• Like 1

That side-by-side is a dealbreaker. I never gave these much of a look but this puts things in a very clear perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2