TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylormade Hi-Toe (Unofficial Review)

Shankster

Sharp looking stick right there! Good start on the review too, well done. I'd like to know how is performs from 50 on in and if you can bump-n-run with it at all. Nice Job Shanks!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Sharp looking stick right there! Good start on the review too, well done. I'd like to know how is performs from 50 on in and if you can bump-n-run with it at all. Nice Job Shanks!

50 and in is the fun zone. You got it.

Here’s the first strike. A chip in my basement.

IMG_5137.JPG

Very nice!!  I seriously considered the Hi-Toe last month, but finally decided on the new Callaway PM grind.  The main reason was Callaway went to a C-grind sole, and they added a 54º to their lineup.  What I am not sure about is the bounce angle.  These clubs have more bounce than I am used to playing; might be nice on softer turf, but I will see.  I like the grooves all the way across the face.  It seems that when I open the blade for chip shots, I tend to hit toward the toe.  Both the Hi-Toe and the PM Grind have a groove lower on the face than most wedges.  I like that playing off firm turf.

Let me know how easy you can vary chip height and rollout from 4 feet off the green when the snow melts.  I haven't had my PM grind out yet either.  Snow is about gone, and the 50-60º days are helping.  Should be able to get out later this week.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looking sharp!

Hope you get out from under the snow, soon. Under the bridge we're looking at playing this weekend already.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thanks Kenny. I considered the Callaway version myself. Could have got the shaft combo for cheaper. It was a $25 upcharge. Plus Phil the thrill helped design them. He is the hi toe ninja.

4’ off the green you got it.

I had to wait 3 weeks for the KBS Tour 90 shaft.  Callaway said it was back ordered.  Then they got it and put the Tour Grey head on it.  I got a call asking if I wanted it that way; I ordered the chrome and 2º flat lie.  I special ordered the club; why would I want something different!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had to wait 3 weeks for the KBS Tour 90 shaft.  Callaway said it was back ordered.  Then they got it and put the Tour Grey head on it.  I got a call asking if I wanted it that way; I ordered the chrome and 2º flat lie.  I special ordered the club; why would I want something different!!

As far as I can tell they matched my specs. Shaft feels nice and soft. I am wondering about the extra two wraps of tape though. Grip feels skinny. But they said it wouldn’t ship till today originally, and here I am staring at it, trying to will the snow away.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

As far as I can tell they matched my specs. Shaft feels nice and soft. I am wondering about the extra two wraps of tape though. Grip feels skinny. But they said it wouldn’t ship till today originally, and here I am staring at it, trying to will the snow away.

Callaway didn't have the shaft I wanted; Nippon that matches my other clubs.  I asked if I could get the head only... No.  I may be changing the shaft out if I like the feel of the club-turf interaction.

Mine feels pretty good with 3 wraps, and the stock Golf Pride grip is OK but it will be changed out shortly anyway.  They don't offer my Pure Grips.

Maryland?  =) 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Just now, Shankster said:

Yep. Be there late July for at least a year.

Nice!  Should be able to play at least 11 months out of the year.  🙂

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Great start to the review. Snow sucks. I’m very interested in this (spatula looking wedges) and the PM. I just don’t understand if there that great why don’t more Pros game them? The TM is received pretty good from their staffers, but the Callaway staffers not so much. I’ve never seen one on the course and play about 70 rounds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Great start to the review. Snow sucks. I’m very interested in this (spatula looking wedges) and the PM. I just don’t understand if there that great why don’t more Pros game them? The TM is received pretty good from their staffers, but the Callaway staffers not so much. I’ve never seen one on the course and play about 70 rounds a year.

Very not spatula looking... very happily surprised. Much smaller than I expected.

Hi - Toe vs BStone

IMG_5138.JPG

Very not spatula looking... very happily surprised. Much smaller than I expected.

Hi - Toe vs BStone

IMG_5138.thumb.JPG.b4ef4eee85e26c45511976dd912931b3.JPG

Oh I definitely like the looks over the PM.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Good looking club

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

That side-by-side is a dealbreaker. I never gave these much of a look but this puts things in a very clear perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Don’t like or do like?

Wow, that post was clear as mud.

I’m super impressed. They’re not obnoxiously large and I can see why they’re so popular.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Wow, that post was clear as mud.

I’m super impressed. They’re not obnoxiously large and I can see why they’re so popular.

Haha. All good. Yeah, I was expecting a frying pan, and I think they are actually smaller than the BStones by a hair, definitely compact looking. I hope they never quit making these. Might have to stock up.

Haha. All good. Yeah, I was expecting a frying pan, and I think they are actually smaller than the BStones by a hair, definitely compact looking. I hope they never quit making these. Might have to stock up.

Compact is the word.

I’ve been seeking a 58* for the longest time that I love. I’ve tolerated a lot of designs and haven’t really found anything I loved as much as my Cleveland 900 wedges.

These are worth a serious look.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Compact is the word.

I’ve been seeking a 58* for the longest time that I love. I’ve tolerated a lot of designs and haven’t really found anything I loved as much as my Cleveland 900 wedges.

These are worth a serious look.

Not sure what the ATV grind looks like, they have a different leading edge. But you can get the 58° in the 4 Way sole. I am a guy that HATES offset and these are not off putting at all. More of a little gooseneck.

I’m probably going to add a 51° (50 bent weak), a 60° 4 way sole, and a 64°.

They shape alone is enough to sell me after getting one in hand. A touch more triangular shaped than “traditional” wedges but not by much.

Add the non glare face... mmmhmmmm

Not sure what the ATV grind looks like, they have a different leading edge. But you can get the 58° in the 4 Way sole. I am a guy that HATES offset and these are not off putting at all. More of a little gooseneck.

I’m probably going to add a 51° (50 bent weak), a 60° 4 way sole, and a 64°.

They shape alone is enough to sell me after getting one in hand. A touch more triangular shaped than “traditional” wedges but not by much.

Add the non glare face... mmmhmmmm

They’re definitely not obnoxious. And let’s be honest, they’re validated from their Tour use.

Good luck, we are expecting to see photos when the others arrive!
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

I never was a fan of the Eye 2 wedges back in the day. But in the course of my wedge hoeing and experimenting I sorta fell in love with them. I ended up with a Callaway PM Grind I got cheap. I messed around with it some and it was too light for me to begin with plus at 13* Bounce that was way too much bounce. I ended up hand filing it and reweighing it for me. Yeah I like that high toe cut flop. Can not see too many lies I can't get it out of.  Basically I carry 2 wedges but lately I have been carrying an old Eye 2 plus at 50*--- It does not hit like a 50* but hits the ball really high and spin good gracious. I will end up trading or scrounging some deal and end up with a TM High Toe

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I never was a fan of the Eye 2 wedges back in the day. But in the course of my wedge hoeing and experimenting I sorta fell in love with them. I ended up with a Callaway PM Grind I got cheap. I messed around with it some and it was too light for me to begin with plus at 13* Bounce that was way too much bounce. I ended up hand filing it and reweighing it for me. Yeah I like that high toe cut flop. Can not see too many lies I can't get it out of.  Basically I carry 2 wedges but lately I have been carrying an old Eye 2 plus at 50*--- It does not hit like a 50* but hits the ball really high and spin good gracious. I will end up trading or scrounging some deal and end up with a TM High Toe

I still love my Eye 2's; maybe that's why I went with the Callaway PM Grind over the Hi-Toe.  Yes, the PM has a lot of bounce and that might be an issue for me.  However, I got the 2019 version and they put a C-Grind on it, and that seems to work pretty well.  I got out today, first time in 6 weeks because of snow.  I was impressed with chip shots; haven't be able to hit anything longer because the rest of the course is still closed.