TESTERS WANTED! ×

PROBE GOLF FOR SALE - SCAM ALERT!!

PROBE HATER

Hello everyone,

I'm posting the thread in hopes it will help fellow golfers avoid a company called Probe Golf out of Ashland Oregon.  www.probegolf.com & wwwputterofthefuture.com

Almost a year ago, I found an advertisement for this golf business in the back of an issue of Golf Digest, and that was the start of a huge headache for me.  The inventor of the Probe Golf 20/10 putter, Pete Baumann, is advertising a golf distributorship for a small investment with his company.  I did a bit of research and thought it might be something interesting to try here in Canada because there was nothing like it.

HUGE MISTAKE!!!

After I sent Pete Baumann my initial investment, I couldn't get a hold of him.  It's been almost 1 year and I have yet to see any product and he refuses to refund my money.

Upon further investigation of Probe Golf & Pete Baumann, I found a trail of empty promises and empty wallets across the U.S. & Canada.  Story after story about how Pete Baumann swindled them out of their money.

All I can hope is that this thread reaches as many people as possible and saves at least one person from investing their hard earned money with a criminal like Pete Baumann.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,

Probe Hater!!!

Sorry to hear that, sux that there are people like that out there taking peoples hard earned money.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I went to their website and reviewed the info.....interesting concept.......I also reviewed the "Distributor" tab...very little info.

Wish you the best in getting your investment back.  Have you tried a certified letter with return recept & signature?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

thanks for the heads up, sorry that happened to you

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Yikes! Sorry that happened to you! Thanks for letting us know! 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

Since you're in Canada, it sounds like he's defrauding people on an international scale.

If this happened to me in the US, I'd contact my State Attorney General and the US States Attorney offices and provide them with all the information you have on this.

If he's still advertising in Golf Digest, I'd contact them as well.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 2 years later...

I have a client who has come forward and it appears that he too has been scammed out of thousands by Mr. Baumann, along with his son Rio.  We have started an investigation against this company as it appears that they could be scamming many others. Please come forward or contact me if you have been scammed by this individual, as we build our case. Thank you.

Rio.jpg167755_1644523407165_3229325_n.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome to My Golf Spy!  Thanks for the heads up. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Brutal! Hope you get it figured out.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 2 weeks later...

I bought into a distributorship from Pete Baumann almost 3 years ago and listed almost 100 country clubs in my area and purchased approximately 35 putters. The promises of advertising on Facebook and google were non existent. I NEVER got a call from a pro for an order Pete ignored any real communication and offered me the same as others to invest cash into existing or new name company. When asked if I wanted to sell my shares I said yes. No response

Pete. Shame on you for giving this beautiful game a black eye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I'm posting this email / thread in hopes it will help fellow golfers avoid a company called Probe Golf out of Ashland Oregon.  www.probegolf.com & wwwputterofthefuture.com, reciprocalgolf.com 

Almost 5 years ago, I found an advertisement for this golf business in the back of an issue of Golf Digest, and that was the start of a huge headache for me.  The inventor of the Probe Golf 20/10 putter, Pete Baumann, is advertising a golf distributorship for a small investment with his company.  I did a bit of research and thought it might be something interesting to try here in Canada because there was nothing like it.

HUGE MISTAKE!!!

After I sent Pete Baumann my initial investment, I couldn't get a hold of him.  It's been almost 5 years and I have yet to see any product and he refuses to refund my money.

Upon further investigation of Probe Golf & Pete Baumann, I found a trail of empty promises and empty wallets across the U.S. & Canada.  Story after story about how Pete Baumann swindled them out of their money.

All I can hope is that this thread reaches as many people as possible and saves at least one person from investing their hard earned money with a criminal like Pete Baumann.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,

Probe Hater!!

Hello,

This thread  / post is an attempt to help any unassuming people considering in investing in Probe Golf / Reciprocal Golf.  If you are thinking about investing in this company, do yourself a favor and RUN THE OTHER WAY.  It's 100% scam.  Save your money....PLEASE.  I beg of you!!!  Don't make the same mistake I've made.

I received this email (See below), from Peter Baumann today explaining how he needs to sell his company because of health issues.  This is a lie.  He is trying a new angle to scam more people out of their money.

If you would like to hear my story, please feel free to contact me through this site or call me on my cell: 780-984-7061.

My mission is to make sure Peter Baumann does not screw another person out of their hard earned money.

"I recently sent a questionnaire out to all Probe Distributors and Shareholders, asking if they wanted to remain as a Distributor and sell Probe 20/10 putters within their respective exclusive territories, or if they wanted to join me in selling putters online, at retail, and share the proceeds 50/50.  Most of you voted to join me in selling at retail and splitting the proceeds equally.

I just received some bad news about my health, and have decided that I should sell Probe Golf, its patent and inventory, and its Goodwill, and share the proceeds according to the number of shares of common stock held by all Probe Shareholders.

Please notify me of the number of shares you presently hold ASAP.  If you have paid for putter inventory and have not received all of your putters, please indicate how much you have paid (and not received your putters), and I will credit you with one share of stock for each dollar paid (and not received).  Shares of stock were sold for a minimum of $0.16 per share (16 cents) in the spring of 2017, and as much as $1.00 per share.

Please email me if you have questions.  I will keep you informed of our progress.  Any shareholder who may know of a possible buyer may contact me with details.

(I have mailed a letter to my personal golfing buddy and attorney, asking for the correct procedures to follow in notifying all shareholders if my procedures are in keeping with proper rules and procedures when selling assets of a company.)

Thank you for your continued interest.

Pete Baumann

PROBE GOLF  

contact@reciprocalgolf.com"

Interesting that their website is still up (2018 copyright) 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 6 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:45 AM, tony@CIC said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I was also scammed by Probe Golf PETER BAUMANN.. I would like to join a group who have had the same experience.  I was one of the first distributors purchasing 1200 putters for a large territory.  I did receive 60 putters over my first 12 months, but he still owes me 60.  I am also a stock holder with 38000 shares.

925-357-0100

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2018 at 11:22 PM, John Dewar said:

I have a client who has come forward and it appears that he too has been scammed out of thousands by Mr. Baumann, along with his son Rio.  We have started an investigation against this company as it appears that they could be scamming many others. Please come forward or contact me if you have been scammed by this individual, as we build our case. Thank you.

Rio.jpg167755_1644523407165_3229325_n.jpg

I

Edited by Gotscammed

• 5 months later...

Just got another email from Pete asking for more money.  I haven't given him a dime in years.  Anything I can do to help investigate this guy?  

It's a sad story, he actually got me into a few private clubs over the years for good rates.  

• 1 year later...

Hey to all who have been scammed by Peter Baumann, his son was also part of the scam.  His name is Pete also but he goes by Rio Veradonir, here are two links. 

link 1: https://bi.org/en/authors/rio-veradonir

link 2: https://www.facebook.com/veradonir

I have been looking for him for sometime.  His son was also very much part of this scam along with several other scams they ran.  I have been searching for more people who have been scammed by these individuals, because I know there has to be quite a few.  I just never knew how to find other victims.  We should find a way to come together as a group and at least stop these two from doing this to other people.  Thanks.  

• 7 months later...

I am compelled to respond to the post above, as I too was scammed by this company and the two individuals pictured above. I am so glad and grateful to Probe Hater for starting this thread on here, I see that a few people have also shared their individual stories of being scammed by Peter Baumann and his son.  I am very concerned that without any consequences these two individuals will continue to scam good people out of their hard earned money.  This too, is why I felt that I must add my story to this thread, and maybe garner support to stop them from scamming anyone else in the future.  After doing some quick research, I found that Pete/Rio Baumann’s son, is living in LA and appears to be a producer and writer for a national organization called Ambi (Link Below).  It appears that he is doing just fine financially, and also has access to many communities across this country.  So, this is a possible way for him to continue to scam more individuals.  I know that Peter Baumann (Dad) lives in Yreka, CA, and also visits his other son in Talent Oregon.  I believe we can help stop others from being scammed and from having to experience the emotional toll that such an act has on an individual.

My Story Quick Summary: 

My initial investment was with Rio/Peter Baumann.  Just to clarify, Peter Baumann’s son’s name was also Peter, until he changed his name to Rio Veradonir or Rio Baumann.  I always thought the name change was interesting as well, and maybe had been altered due to prior scams.  Anyways, when I was 19 I had met Rio.  At the time I was a sophomore in college, and also working full time as a waiter at a country club.  I was able to save a good amount of money, especially when compared to my other friends in college.  Rio had an investment opportunity he had posted online, the investment offered a great return potential, and at the time it sounded fairly secure.  After several meetings, I was more comfortable to go through with the investment.  Looking back, I was so naïve, and it is one of my biggest regrets in life, that I gave these two people the money I had worked so hard for.  Anyways, for the next two years I made incremental payments of either $5,000 or $10,000, totaling $35,000 at the end.  After some time, I was beginning to get a little concerned that my investment was not making the returns as promised.  When I pushed this topic more, I was introduced to Rio’s Dad Peter Baumann.  Since this man was an adult and also with his son, I trusted the words that they were telling me.  I was told that my investment was secure, and that my investment had also been used to purchase shares of Probe Golf, Reciprocal Golf, and the 20/10 Putter.  So therefore, I had built equity into these three companies.  This made me feel a little better, and I also got a small payout of $500 dollars that day too.  After sometime, and after no further return on my original investment with Rio, I decided that I wanted to cash out of my investment completely, this was about 5 years after my initial investment.  However, when I tried to do this, I was told that I would need to find a buyer to buy me out of my ownership in their companies, and for me to get my original investment back.   I was told that since I wanted to cash out now, before my money had made any return, that I would just be receiving my original investment back.  I obviously was not happy with this, but at this point I just wanted to end this nightmare, and to use the money to invest into “REAL” stocks.  They said that they would look for a buyer of my shares and also told me that I should be looking for one as well.   This made me very concerned… as I could not in good conscious try to sell someone my shares into a company and to Rio and Peter Baumann, who had just conned me.  The writing was on the wall at that point, I knew no one would buy these shares, and no one would buy me out of an investment that was so clearly a scam.  By this time, I was able to see more posts about how Probe Gold and Rio and Peter Baumann had used this scam in multiple states.  Needless to say, after a year or so, I realized I had been scammed and that there was nothing more that I could do.  The feeling after being scammed is one helplessness, while also experiencing anger, frustration, and embarrassment.   I also went through a very dark time.  I was depressed, distant, my trust in another person was destroyed, and overall I just felt hopeless.  I could not imagine doing this to another human being, and then being able to sleep with myself at night.  I just try to remind myself that Karma will go around, and the wrongs that these two individuals have committed to so many people, will one day come back to haunt them. 

This was much more than I wanted to write, since I do want people to read my post in its entirety, my experience with Rio and Peter Baumann, goes back more than 12 years now, and I am sure some of you may say, it is time to drop it and move on.   For the most part, I want to do nothing more than to forget these two individuals, my money, my investment, the person I was before being violated by them is all gone.   However, my story is mine, and what that story can do, might be even more important when considering helping or protecting other people.  If, I could help and save another person from these two individuals, then I could at least have one positive thing come out of this horrific nightmare.  Here are all of the links I have found for these two.  Let’s help stop them once and for all!! Please feel free to message me, I hope to hear from you.  Thanks for reading my story.

Rio - Peter Baumann’s son’s social media, work, and other links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veradonir

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rio_veradonir

AmBi: www.ambi.org

Ambi IG: https://www.instagram.com/ambisocial/

Peter Baumann Links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peter.baumann.18041