Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Feherty - Bryson Dechambeau interview

cnosil

Caught the new episode of Feherty last night and thought it was pretty good. I know Bryson is a controversial player but I thought it provided some good insight into his thought process. Seems to be a very intelligent guy that is pretty level headed and knows he does thinks a little bit different. For those that aren’t his biggest fans it may show him in a different light. He just wants to find a way to play his best golf, no different than anyone else.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

For those that aren’t his biggest fans it may show him in a different light.

I plan on watching the recording tonight. I'm not a huge fan (nor a detractor) but the media's "mad scientist" schtick is growing a little thin on me.

Patrick Reed was another one I saw on Feherty in which he changed my opinion of him a bit.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I enjoyed it.  I like Bryson, but maybe that's because of my scientific background.  I certainly don't analyze everything like he does, but I can understand his rationale.  

He has made some mistakes in past tournaments; he acknowledged them and seems sincere on becoming a better player because of them.  I think this "mad scientist " is the result of the media giving them something to talk about.  He's just trying to do whatever he can to win (and he's doing a pretty good job), just like every other pro out there.  He just goes about it in a different way.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm not a big Bryson fan, but his interview went a long way towards giving more respect for the guy.  I enjoyed the show.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'd be interested in watching it. Presently, I'm not a fan but certainly no hater like we hear so much of these days. Like Kenny said... the "scientist" moniker was slapped on him by the media. I'm guessing he's never held a job in his degree field. Pretty sure his diploma doesn't say Bryson DeChambeau - Scientist on it. I'll give it shot and watch.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I didn’t catch it all, but what I saw was rather entertaining. I think the way the media talks about him is annoying, but it doesn’t seem to make sense to hold him at fault for that. I thought he came across as a lot more likeable than most people give him credit for.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I thought it was pretty enlightening.  He is a bit different but seems very comfortable in his own skin.  He doesn't try to be something he isn't and makes every effort to grow who and what he is.  It's refreshing to say the least.  It's not common among people his age.  I could live without the temper tantrums but we're all fallible in one way or another.

I think Jordan Spieth could learn from Bryson.  Jordan seems to be lost trying to be more like Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka and Justin Thomas.  Chasing distance has negatively affected his entire bag.  Who Jordan was in 2015 is more than enough to be one of the top five players in the game.  He doesn't need to hit the ball 360 yards and play driver - 9 iron to every 600 yard par 5!

On a side note, Bryson's explanation of why he uses a mechanical compass goes right in-line with what I was saying on another site about why anyone would choose to use such a device on the golf course.  Nice to know my assumptions were accurate even though most others dismissed them as nonsense. 

I thought it was a great watch. He honestly reminds me of an amateur who simply found a swing that works well for them, and they just keep at it and scoring well. Hard to not like someone who works hard & doesn't care about anyone else since he's scoring well & winning.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 minutes ago, Charli said:

The media has ruined him for many people. 

The media tends to do that on a LOT of things

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

14 hours ago, CarlH said:

The media tends to do that on a LOT of things

Exactly. That's why I am not a Tiger fan nor was I a Michael Jordan fan. I certainly respect their abilities, but I also did not need to see/hear about them every second.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I very much enjoyed it. I've always liked Bryson though and seeing him win in Vegas this years was pretty cool. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Archived