GolfSpy MPR

What has it got in its nasty little pocketses?

So I've got PGA Tour Live streaming this morning, and notice that Sergio is apparently carrying a copy of War and Peace in his back pocket during the round:

image.png

But it raises the question: what do you keep in your pockets during a round?

For me, my golf glove (when I'm not wearing it) is in my back left pocket. If I keep my phone in my pocket (which I do less often these days), it's in my left front. The right front pocket is the important one: divot repair tool, ball marker, one full tee, and one broken tee. Depending on my confidence level, there is sometimes one extra ball in that pocket.

• Like 2

This is a fun topic. My glove is in my back right pocket, my scorecard is in my back left, and I keep my divot tool, ball marker, 5 or so tees, and my golf ball (when not in use). As I'm typing this, I'm either forgetting what I put in my left front, or I have an entire pocket that I need to start utilizing! 

• Like 4

2 tees and ball marker in left pocket. Use tee for pitch mark repairs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So I've got PGA Tour Live streaming this morning, and notice that Sergio is apparently carrying a copy of War and Peace in his back pocket during the round:

image.png

But it raises the question: what do you keep in your pockets during a round?

For me, my golf glove (when I'm not wearing it) is in my back left pocket. If I keep my phone in my pocket (which I do less often these days), it's in my left front. The right front pocket is the important one: divot repair tool, ball marker, one full tee, and one broken tee. Depending on my confidence level, there is sometimes one extra ball in that pocket.

No phone. No glove.  Nothing in rear pockets, but if it helps Sergio I'll add my copy of War and Peace in it. Ball marker on hat. One tee and repair tool in right front.  One ball in left front.  

• Like 1

Wallet in back left pocket. 2 tees, neo ghost GPS, divot repair tool, and ball marker in front right.

• Like 1

Nothing in back pockets, front right pocket is tees, ball markers, and divot repair tool, front left pocket backup ball.

• Like 1

I can't stand to have much in my pockets, whether I'm playing golf or not.....No Phone No Wallet while i'm playing, they go in the bag..

For me, back left for glove when it's not on.  Front right; couple Tees, ball marker, Tool......That's it

• Like 1

As little as possible!! Couple tees (3 or 4, never 2) in the right pocket with a ball marker and a repair tool. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Phone in back left pocket, score card in back right pocket (if walking and if I happen to be keeping score), full tee and a broken tee in front left pocket, ball marker, divot tool and spare/putting ball in front right pocket. Yeah, I know switching balls mid-hole is a no-no, but I don't play serious competitions and it's easier to pull a clean ball out than try to clean ball I've tortured on the way to the green.

• Like 4

Glove in back right pocket- when putting.

In my front left pocket I keep a hole! 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Glove in back right pocket- when putting.

In my front left pocket I keep a hole! 🙄

That was where you kept your money for golf stuff, right!  

• Like 1

Phone in front left (only for arccos), Glove back right when not in use. Tees, divot tool, ball marker all front right. 

Posted (edited)

I keep it pretty simple any more. Divot tool, ball marker, and a tee or two is about all I carry in my front right pocket. Back right is for my glove when putting. I've got a cradle for my phone when using the push cart and simply place it in a cup holder or something if riding.

Edited by TR1PTIK

Not much: two tees, one short, one long, ball marker, and a divot tool. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hate stuff in my pockets - that's what carts (push or electric) are for. I carry an extra ball to the tee box , a couple of tees and a divot tool. nothing else. However, an exception is on very wet days I will carry a small towel to wipe the club. 

• Like 1

Left front pocket has a few tees, divot tool and ball marker.  It may have an extra ball, depending on the situation.  Right front is empty unless I take my glove off on the green for putting.  Back pockets are empty most of the time.  I don't like a bunch of stuff in my pockets.  I will stick a small towel/rag in the right rear for cleaning the ball on the green, but generally won't notice if it's there.

• Glove in back right pocket
  • Scorecard in back left pocket
  • Pencil, divot tool/ball marker, golf ball in front left pocket
  • 2 tees, cell phone (for Arccos) in front right pocket

rear pockets empty

left front short tees, ball marker, coin

right front long tees, chapstick, ball

• Like 1

Back pockets empty.  Front left is one tee.  Front right is ball mark repair tool and a ball marker.  Between holes the GOLF ball I'm playing goes in front left pocket with the tee.

That's it clean and simple.  I also own my own cart so glove gets stuck to a piece of velcro on the underside of the roof.  Extra stuff (balls, tee's, phone, wallet etc) is just in the cart.