GolfSpy MPR

What has it got in its nasty little pocketses?

3 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Back pockets empty.  Front left is one tee.  Front right is ball mark repair tool and a ball marker.  Between holes the GOLF ball I'm playing goes in front left pocket with the tee.

That's it clean and simple.  I also own my own cart so glove gets stuck to a piece of velcro on the underside of the roof.  Extra stuff (balls, tee's, phone, wallet etc) is just in the cart.

I'll ask you, but this applies to a few others in the thread here: how do you get things out of your left pocket while (presumably) wearing a golf glove on your left hand?

A recurring pattern in the thread is that righties put most of their stuff in their right front pocket, and lefties in the left. This makes sense, not simply because of the strong hand, but because digging a tee out of your pocket with a glove on is a total pain.

Or does no one else struggle with this?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'll ask you, but this applies to a few others in the thread here: how do you get things out of your left pocket while (presumably) wearing a golf glove on your left hand?

A recurring pattern in the thread is that righties put most of their stuff in their right front pocket, and lefties in the left. This makes sense, not simply because of the strong hand, but because digging a tee out of your pocket with a glove on is a total pain.

I'm not exactly a skinny jeans type of guy, my golf shorts have some room in them so I've never had an issue getting the tee out when I have a glove on.  Or go with plan B, just grab the stuff out of your pocket before you put your glove on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

With my ball (between holes) and tees in left pocket, I usually pull them out before I put on my glove, because it can be a pain to get them out with a glove. My hands are fairly narrow so the velcro tab always extends past my hand so it gets tangled in the pocket and irritates me. I've tried swapping stuff from left and right, but I'm a creature of habit and it never lasts beyond the first hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Not much: two tees, one short, one long, and a divot tool. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This plus a ball marker coin.  When I was in the 2018 Cobra connect challenge, I had my phone in my pocket...oh and a glove in the back left pocket if I decide to wear one during the round.

MDGolfHacker

Fun subject MPR...

Ft. right pocket I keep 3 long tees, 1 short tee, ball divot tool & marker chip. Note that most of my pants & shorts have a small inner pocket on the rt-ft that my marker chip slides right into which is nice.

Right-rear pocket, glove (when putting) & gap chart. Nothing else in any of the other pockets. My left had us usually gloved and being so, it does get extra difficult to dig things out with it that way as @GolfSpy MPR asked above. But add to that my disability with nerve damage in my left hand, and fumbling around with anything (gloved or not) is always frustrating...therefore the total absence of items on my left side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I don't keep anything in my left pocket for this exact reason.

For me my front right pocket will have (2) tees for driver, 1 shorter tee for irons/fairway woods, @Liberty Ball Markers divot tool and ball marker.

• Like 1

I can't believe nobody has answered "my preciousssss" yet

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Right Front

A1EFCD8C-7CC3-4BB6-ABEB-94DE664004D1.thumb.jpeg.160c75b328c2e641f5eeb9249c17a44f.jpeg

Right Rear

283E6BEC-1E25-4108-8C1B-7A9DF75528D9.thumb.jpeg.a490cee2de2cc040f6982738800982ac.jpeg

That’s it for me. I’ve had the sharp end of a tee slip under a fingernail one too many times, so these days I just keep a couple tucked into my cap, for safety and easy access.

• Like 3

Just received this today to put in my pocket for the upcoming season. I'll be carrying this with pride.IMG_20190321_180325_1.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Which is one of my reasons for not wearing a glove.  

4 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You're not the only one who struggles with that, which is why my stuff goes in the left pocket.  The issue isn't getting a grip on stuff, it's the glove turning the pocket inside out pulling it out.

• Like 2

If I’m reaching for something in my right pocket, most of the time I do it with my glove off for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I can't believe nobody has answered "my preciousssss" yet

You've got me thinking: this would be a sweet, nerdy ball mark:

l_one_ring_gold_italian.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You've got me thinking: this would be a sweet, nerdy ball mark:

l_one_ring_gold_italian.jpg

Yeah, then when my round goes to sh*t I can put it on and be invisible and cry without anyone seeing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

... One tee, divot repair tool and lucky coin given to me by 3 Indian guys I played with in LA to remember them by in the front right pocket. Remote for my MGi Navigator in my right rear. Never worn a glove so left pockets are clean. 

aPockets.jpg.986188949d6aaef97a291ae577b62517.jpg

• Like 2

Front left pocket, 3 pink tees, 1 short tee, ball marker, divot tool. Nothing else in any pockets. 

Wallet back right, Glove back left, Phone front left, 1 ball and ball marker front right. I keep a tee in my hat so I dont gouge my fingernails digging for it in my pocket. 

16 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I just keep my phone in my left and I use 18 birdies for GPS distance on every hole. Getting my phone out isnt really the problem, its unlocking it to get my yardage with a glove on my hand...

Thankfully since I walk I just take glove off after every shot and as I'm walking pull it up, when I get close I know about how long it will be, phone back in pocket, glove on by the time I reach my ball and drop my bag. Peak efficiency over here. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bardle said:

Wallet back right, Glove back left, Phone front left, 1 ball and ball marker front right. I keep a tee in my hat so I dont gouge my fingernails digging for it in my pocket. 

I just keep my phone in my left and I use 18 birdies for GPS distance on every hole. Getting my phone out isnt really the problem, its unlocking it to get my yardage with a glove on my hand...

Thankfully since I walk I just take glove off after every shot and as I'm walking pull it up, when I get close I know about how long it will be, phone back in pocket, glove on by the time I reach my ball and drop my bag. Peak efficiency over here. 😎

The antithesis of JB Holmes right here!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, palvord said:

The antithesis of JB Holmes right here!

lol, since I'm not very good, I make a point to play fast so anyone I get partnered with at the very least can't complain that I was slow...lol

• Like 1

scorecard back right / glove back left / phone front left / divot, long and short tee & extra ball front right. 

• Like 1