TESTERS WANTED! ×

Blackngold_blood's WITB

So I figured it is about time to do a picture what is in the bag now that I know for sure 1 club that will be in there to start the 2019 season!

So this first installment is the putter. The putter of choice to start the year is a Toulon Indianapolis playing 32.25" with 45g weights installed. I removed the shaft and reduced the length before the single bend to add some more toe hang and lessen the offset. I then installed a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 104cc grip. Loving the look and feel of this bad boy!

Here are some pics of the putter. More to come as I work to finalize the bag before the season starts! Enjoy

IMG_20190323_093818686.jpegIMG_20190323_093825752.jpegIMG_20190323_093730886.jpegIMG_20190323_093744825.jpegIMG_20190323_093757880.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I love the looks of that putter! Just curious, about how much toe hang does it have? 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I love the looks of that putter! Just curious, about how much toe hang does it have? 
After the slight modification I would say it is somewhere between 4 and 4:30. Probably closer to 4 though. I was actually shooting for slightly more but as of now it feels right swinging it so I don't think I will take it apart again.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Cool. After playing with the Ping app, it appears I need something with just a bit of toe hang and I prefer the look of mallets. 

I forgot to mention I was even able to get it down to a half offset instead of a full offset which definitely suits my eye better.

Cool. After playing with the Ping app, it appears I need something with just a bit of toe hang and I prefer the look of mallets. 
The Indy actually is a face balanced mallet with a full offset single bend shaft. By shortening the length before the bend I achieved the toe hang.

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

The Indy actually is a face balanced mallet with a full offset single bend shaft. By shortening the length before the bend I achieved the toe hang.

Good to know! 

How do you like the Z785?

:titelist-small: 917D 9.5 (Project X Evenflow Blue) 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 13.5 (Project X Hzrdus Black)

:titelist-small: 816 H2 21 (Diamana D+ 90)

:titelist-small: TMB 2 Iron 17 (Project X LXi)

:srixon-small: z765 5-PW (True Temper DG S300)

:mizuno-small: T7 50, 54, 58 (True Temper DG Wedge Flex)

:ping-small: Sigma Anser

:Snell:MTB-X

How do you like the Z785?
Looks like I need to edit my signature! Lol

I actually like the z785 a lot. I think it is the most beautiful headshape of the past couple years. The combination of the alignment aid and carbon fiber with the headshape is awesome.

However with that said, I am a massive driver hoe but don't normally buy a new one before selling the old one I found a good deal on a pxg 0811 so I sold the srixon. The pxg was way to flat of a lie for someone like me, 5'7" tall and plays a driver at 43.5-44" long. While trying to sell the pxg I bought the driver I had been enamored with since pics started surfacing online. The Cobra F9. Well it turns out I couldn't get my spin rate below 3500 with it so I sold it and just picked up a Mizuno ST190 that should be here Thursday.

Now with all that said, if the mizzy doesn't work out I will without a doubt go straight back to the Srixon. It did have a slightly higher pitched sound to it and was considerably lighter that I like but that can be fixed with some hotmelt. I have no current urge to try anything else after the Mizuno so I am really hoping it works out. As I finalize my club selection before the season I will be posting my thoughts with pics.

Nice to see you rolling the Indy! Have to say I love the contrast between the face and the back portion. Makes it look like you have a blade putter at the same time as a mallet. I'll be giving that same grip a whirl too so we shall see how she rolls.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

3 hours ago, chemclub said:

Nice to see you rolling the Indy! Have to say I love the contrast between the face and the back portion. Makes it look like you have a blade putter at the same time as a mallet. I'll be giving that same grip a whirl too so we shall see how she rolls.

Yeah I love the contrast between the face and body, plus the shape is amazing to look down at.  If I had to nitpick on something it would be that with some golf balls the head will give off a sound that almost makes the putter sound plastic.  Of course I have only carpet rolled it so outside it may sound different.

By the way congrats on being chosen to test the Contour Pro grip.  I absolutely love it.  It feels like it was made for me, colors and shape wise.  It is slightly smaller than the original contour but still maintains the same great soft feel and feedback.

Thanks! Definitely looking forward to testing it out. I am a little worried it might be a little too small/narrow. Was a little concerned about the 140cc being too big and too heavy.

Testers anxiety.

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Yeah I love the contrast between the face and body, plus the shape is amazing to look down at.  If I had to nitpick on something it would be that with some golf balls the head will give off a sound that almost makes the putter sound plastic.  Of course I have only carpet rolled it so outside it may sound different.

By the way congrats on being chosen to test the Contour Pro grip.  I absolutely love it.  It feels like it was made for me, colors and shape wise.  It is slightly smaller than the original contour but still maintains the same great soft feel and feedback.

The Toulon has an aluminum face as opposed to steel, might be responsible for the sound difference to traditional putters. When you say some golf balls, do you mean urethane versus serlyn cover?

The Toulon has an aluminum face as opposed to steel, might be responsible for the sound difference to traditional putters. When you say some golf balls, do you mean urethane versus serlyn cover?

Yeah I assume it has something to do with the aluminum face as well.
I have 3 different balls that I put on the carpet of my living rooms, a Bridgestone B330s, a OnCore Elixr, and a Titleist ProV1. I believe they are all urethane. The Bridgestone feels really soft of the face with the OnCore slightly harder. The Titleist is the one that gives off the plastic sound. It is the in no way a turn off or a deal breaker but it did catch me off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 3/25/2019 at 4:46 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Looks like I need to edit my signature! Lol

I actually like the z785 a lot. I think it is the most beautiful headshape of the past couple years. The combination of the alignment aid and carbon fiber with the headshape is awesome.

However with that said, I am a massive driver hoe but don't normally buy a new one before selling the old one I found a good deal on a pxg 0811 so I sold the srixon. The pxg was way to flat of a lie for someone like me, 5'7" tall and plays a driver at 43.5-44" long. While trying to sell the pxg I bought the driver I had been enamored with since pics started surfacing online. The Cobra F9. Well it turns out I couldn't get my spin rate below 3500 with it so I sold it and just picked up a Mizuno ST190 that should be here Thursday.

Now with all that said, if the mizzy doesn't work out I will without a doubt go straight back to the Srixon. It did have a slightly higher pitched sound to it and was considerably lighter that I like but that can be fixed with some hotmelt. I have no current urge to try anything else after the Mizuno so I am really hoping it works out. As I finalize my club selection before the season I will be posting my thoughts with pics.

Damn dude, that is some serious driver changes.  I'm actually kinda jealous, no way I could keep the wife from finding out/asking alot of questions.  I'm curious to know how the ST190 compares to the Z785.

:titelist-small: 917D 9.5 (Project X Evenflow Blue) 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 13.5 (Project X Hzrdus Black)

:titelist-small: 816 H2 21 (Diamana D+ 90)

:titelist-small: TMB 2 Iron 17 (Project X LXi)

:srixon-small: z765 5-PW (True Temper DG S300)

:mizuno-small: T7 50, 54, 58 (True Temper DG Wedge Flex)

:ping-small: Sigma Anser

:Snell:MTB-X

Damn dude, that is some serious driver changes.  I'm actually kinda jealous, no way I could keep the wife from finding out/asking alot of questions.  I'm curious to know how the ST190 compares to the Z785.
I'm lucky that my wife is fairly understanding when it comes to my golf obsession. I don't try to push it though which is why I will usually sell the current one before buying another one. Plus I usually buy used instead of new. It looks better when it is only $20-30 for a different driver than say $100 or so. I will say this time I got a pretty good deal on the st190. New and head only was about $40 on top of what I got for the F9.

I have wanted to have a Mizuno driver in my bag for a long time.

I will say this though, I did the TruFit fitting after buying the St190 and was hoping it would recommend that but instead it spit out PXG Gen 2 0811x or Wilson Cortex. If the Mizuno doesn't work out I am going to trust the TruFit and give one of them a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a little updating since tomorrow will be the first outside range session of the year! Please rain stay away!

DISCLAIMER:
All clubs are subject to change at a moment's notice as I am a true club hoe!

In honor of the season officially starting in my area, here is what will be in my Bag Boy Revolver to begin the season.

IMG_20190405_200633812.jpeg

The big dog! Mizuno ST190 9.5* set to low 7.25*. I may move to 8.3* upright to try to mitigate some of the face opening and the fact that I will be playing it at 44.25". It is currently shafted with a Fujikura XLR8 51 stiff shaft. Will be having a shootout between the XLR8, 50M4 Black Tie, and the recently purchased UST VTS TSPX 5 stiff shaft hopefully next weekend. IMG_20190329_193732528.jpegIMG_20190329_193713895.jpegIMG_20190329_193658085.jpegMVIMG_20190329_193725703.jpeg

Next is the fairway wood. I will be using a Srixon F85 5 wood playing 42". It is shafted with a UST Elements Chrome 7F4 shaft. IMG_20190405_200339390.jpegIMG_20190405_200430381.jpeg

Also in the fairway department is a TM Aeroburner Black 3 wood playing 43" and shafted with a Prolaunch blue 65 stiff shaft. This club doesn't normally make it into the bag unless I have an extra spot or the need for something other than driver off the tee. IMG_20190405_200456642.jpeg

Next is the club that switches with the aeroburner. A Cobra F6 3/4 hybrid with a matrix HQ red tie 72r stock shaft. IMG_20190405_200522598.jpeg

Now the birthday gift from the wife last year. Adams XTD A-Tour 4-GW shafted with TT GS95 shafts. These may change as I have a real craving to get my hands on the sub70 699's. 1554514595590.jpeg

On to the wedges. These bad boys have been in the bag the longest. The 48* knockoff pinseeker has been in for 2 years. The 56* 255 spin milled (not Titleist) for just over 1 year. These things were bought at Scheels by my wife. I didn't want to break her heart when she got the 48 so I played it for 1 round and haven't looked back. These things are my most consistent clubs in the bag. IMG_20190405_200718732.jpeg

All the above clubs are gripped with Karma Whiteout NDMC style grips.IMG_20190405_203702303.jpeg

The putter was covered in the first post and is a Toulon Indianapolis with a GP SNSR Contour Pro 104cc grip.IMG_20190323_093818686.jpeg

Accessories include a bag umbrella/ball retriever, an old hunting range finder, 3 white and 2 black gloves, a switchblade divot tool, 1 black and 1 yellow Iowa Hawkeye ball marker, 3 1/4" natural wooden tees, and assorted golf balls that have been found while playing.

As far as golf balls go, I will be giving the new Srixon Z Star XV pure white a try to start the year but may very well end up back with my trusty Oncore Elixr.

• 3 years later...

Well this is clearly a very long overdue update.  Over the last 3 years basically everything has change but 1 1/2 clubs lol. C4C7CB94-749D-4C82-ACA1-6FF9F0CE8B0C.jpeg.64837ca38057707fd2aff48eb943a161.jpeg

The big stick is where the 1/2 club comes in. I had found my way back to the ST190 driver head not too long ago and planned to stick to it but recently purchased a 9* MySim2 head in all black that is now the gamer. Shaft is currently the Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 5S playing just a tick over 44.75” and in the -2* loft/4* open setting. Not completely sold on the shaft with the head. It was great with the st190 but seems like I need to work harder to make it kick with it in the Sim2. I believe that may have to do with cg placement differences. 
32572A52-86D8-4C6D-A2F4-3244C742A09A.jpeg.f84065711c80f6b8972700a2279992a3.jpegB370D88B-9F03-482E-9A54-CF20D7763254.jpeg.03ea19d411518b856e22e08c1d34e0d9.jpeg6FF8C123-FC30-4D9E-9107-079D50948FED.jpeg.d5fad561c1d6a1dfe4abd4e480d3ba16.jpeg

The fairways woods are not going anywhere until they break. I have had the Srixon F85 5 wood in the bag since the previous post and added the 3 wood this year. The 3 wood has an XPhlexxx Agera X stiff shaft. These are the most consistent fairway woods I have every played. FCCB39B3-2CA4-438E-ADA4-BD9992069345.jpeg.b65e9e8ab6f7d4d42b410297492f6695.jpeg4394FF12-17DB-44EF-8D49-5B45502A770E.jpeg.4ffddc41b73e83929eea65fe0c787b67.jpeg

Hybrid is in the pic of the bag but rarely used and usually left in the cart shed.  36CB00A4-5B95-435C-A95C-DB28A6685784.jpeg.c199a7b8985ecdc6a373e460132e163c.jpeg

Irons are another new addition this year. 2019 Taylormade P790 4-PW. These are shafted with Project X I/O 6.0.   I have reminder strips in the grips of these and while I wasn’t sure about them to begin with,  I’m starting to like them more and more. 

Wedge is a club that is a change from the last post but not this year. I got this last year and immediately liked it. A Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 50* wedge. 
479D92DB-55E7-47A9-83C5-C37726E7E825.jpeg.49e5cc646c4809c7399f941d9e9814a6.jpeg

The putter is my baby. I finally found my holy grail putter after years of searching. A SIK Jo slant neck 365g. I need to measure this again as I’ve added and subtracting length when I first got it but I believe it is 33.5”. 
FBF6E618-74B9-44A3-ABBC-FF0DFD732FCC.jpeg.34af7ba27433890dcee6e897cc814801.jpeg

As for accessories I’ve added a custom divot tool and ball marker from the wife(forgot to take pics) and the Voice Caddie SL2 rangefinder/gps unit I tested for MGS last year.  Also added a skillz trainer/warm up stick. 

This last pic is to mess with those guys that care what other guys do with their bag. Iron headcovers for the win🤣920E9D09-7C79-4412-A4AA-070162ACEC91.jpeg.1226aac38049a0c30607ced46df7e047.jpeg