Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

WGC Match Play

Shankster

Tiger and Rors was definitely the best match of the day! Nice to see Kuch in the mix as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Super surprised at Rory's play on 16, good to know it happens to all of us on occasion...just more often for me.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

He came up short with a wedge on his second shot. Awkward stance pitch on his third shot, hit it out a bit too hard and it ended up right against the boundary of the course fence so he couldn't get relief. He went for an unplayable but decided to drop back where he hit the third because he'd still be unplayable dropping where it ended up. Ended up chunking his fifth into the bunker in front of him and he didn't hole out for 6 so he conceded the hole with Tiger having a birdie putt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

He came up short with a wedge on his second shot. Awkward stance pitch on his third shot, hit it out a bit too hard and it ended up right against the boundary of the course fence so he couldn't get relief. He went for an unplayable but decided to drop back where he hit the third because he'd still be unplayable dropping where it ended up. Ended up chunking his fifth into the bunker in front of him and he didn't hole out for 6 so he conceded the hole with Tiger having a birdie putt.

@Shankster FrogginBullfish is spot on, but I would add that it didn't look like he was dropping back in the same spot from his last shot, as the sand showed where he was standing during the first shot and it wasn't disturbed where he was dropping. Just a crazy second shot after a 395yd drive with 172 to the hole.

Pretty crazy that the 2 top seeded guys left in the tournament had to play each other (I think that's a correct statement anyway...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). 

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Molinari, Casey, and Rose all seeded higher than Tiger. Only Molinari and Tiger moving on though. Molinari only inside the top 10.

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] FrogginBullfish is spot on, but I would add that it didn't look like he was dropping back in the same spot from his last shot, as the sand showed where he was standing during the first shot and it wasn't disturbed where he was dropping. Just a crazy second shot after a 395yd drive with 172 to the hole.
Pretty crazy that the 2 top seeded guys left in the tournament had to play each other (I think that's a correct statement anyway...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). 

Love the match play but the only time the 4 seed should be playing the 13 seed in the round of 16, and the 7 seed playing the 10 seed is if the 1 through 15 seeds all move on. The way it's set up now, there's no benefit to being a top seed as the odds that the 15 best seeds will all move on from group play is unlikely, but then you're still playing one of the top seeds in the round of 16.

Alright I have a wedding in an hour so I’m done - Molina is a steam roller right now - great golf.

@ Shankster I wouldn’t rule Rory out because he had one bad round in match play - unless they changed the rules for the Masters it’s 72 hole stroke play. You could struggle one day, get it in around par and still win that tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Alright I have a wedding in an hour so I’m done - Molina is a steam roller right now - great golf.

@ Shankster I wouldn’t rule Rory out because he had one bad round in match play - unless they changed the rules for the Masters it’s 72 hole stroke play. You could struggle one day, get it in around par and still win that tournament.

Oh I’m not. He’s still my favorite to be wearing a Green Jacket this year.

They par 5 where he jacked up that bunker shot cost him. The joys of match play.

Sergio is acting like my 3 handicap brother in law, who throws clubs because he didn't get as close to the hole as he wanted (still on the green though), while my ball's in the woods.

I missed it. What happened?

Sergio is acting like my 3 handicap brother in law, who throws clubs because he didn't get as close to the hole as he wanted (still on the green though), while my ball's in the woods.

I missed it. What happened?

Sergio missed at putt for the hole and then quickly hit the ball with the back of his putter and missed it again before Kuch could say pick it up so he lost the hole instead of a tie. Now he is complaining that Kuch should have given him the next hole to make up for it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Mr. Beer Guard is giving El Tige a run for his money. Good good golf!

Beer Guard putted really well today! And then there was Kuch

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Good to see we have a couple of US Flags going at it tomorrow.  I'm hoping for a Kuchar-Kisner final, but it sounds like Molinari is in fiamme.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

10 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

f****** Sergio and his tantrums... 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

And Big Cat falls.

I bet the ratings tomorrow absolutely suck.

Yep

The data crats have run the numbers and only Tiger or Jack in contention could boost Golf’s viewership.

I know I would have canceled my range session thus afternoon had Tiger made the finals. Not now. All fine golfers and I do care about who wins. Just not enough to skip being outside for a few hours on an 80 degree day.

Our bad weather is coming and we are running out of days like this one until late October.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yep

The data crats have run the numbers and only Tiger or Jack in contention could boost Golf’s viewership.

I know I would have canceled my range session thus afternoon had Tiger made the finals. Not now. All fine golfers and I do care about who wins. Just not enough to skip being outside for a few hours on an 80 degree day.

Our bad weather is coming and we are running out of days like this one until late October.

I believe it 1000%, but I have to imagine Seve boosted BBC viewership on the European Tour in his time, nowhere near Jack or Tiger I’m sure but there had to be a little spike.

Like you said it’s not that these guys are bad golfers. The entertainment value is gone. I’ll still watch because we got snow yesterday and it’s back below freezing...

I saw some tool on Twitter saying Kuchar should have conceded the next hole to be a good sport and was totally unwilling to admit that Sergio caused the issue by being his usual petulant self. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Kisner vs Kuchar in the final?

How many spectators are left?

I'm watching Mainly just to see if I can finally get one March bracket right this year. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Kisner back to the final again. Molinari missing a par putt to extend on 18 just like Tiger yesterday

Could be worse. Could be a professional sports writer for Golf Channel saying Kuchar didn't give him a "that's good" when he clearly never had a chance to in the first place.

I saw some tool on Twitter saying Kuchar should have conceded the next hole to be a good sport and was totally unwilling to admit that Sergio caused the issue by being his usual petulant self. 

Sergio did suggest to Kuch that he concede the 8th though. Matt didn't want to do that though but he also didn't want to win the 7th hole like that. End of the day, it's on Sergio to know it's match play, so onus is on him for the loss of hole. Kuch doesn't have to give him a hole back for his own error.

Archived