GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Galway Bay Rain Gear

I love the humor these guys ad to their review. Thank you for the information.

• Like 3

Great start fellas! I enjoyed reading them all. The car-wash Idea posted earlier had me rolling! How about some water balooon fights??!!!

Also....

Heh....he said "bootie"...heh...heh

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Great start fellas! I enjoyed reading them all. The car-wash Idea posted earlier had me rolling! How about some water balooon fights??!!!

Also....

Heh....he said "bootie"...heh...heh

We have some things in the works 🤐

• Like 5

Alrighty then! My stage one is up!

• Like 4

Great stuff so far guys. I am really curious on everyone’s thoughts on the vest. As someone who hates wearing jackets (won’t even wear one during Iowa winters), I will normally just wear a long sleeve heat gear type shirt. Since it is tight to the body before it gets wet I don’t notice the change after it is wet. Is it waterproof like the jacket and pants? Would be perfect to keep the core fairly dry and warm if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Great stuff so far guys. I am really curious on everyone’s thoughts on the vest. As someone who hates wearing jackets (won’t even wear one during Iowa winters), I will normally just wear a long sleeve heat gear type shirt. Since it is tight to the body before it gets wet I don’t notice the change after it is wet. Is it waterproof like the jacket and pants? Would be perfect to keep the core fairly dry and warm if it is.

The vest has a light fiber fill nylon front and a spandex blend back. It's very comfortable to wear alone or under the jacket, but it does not have the same waterproof properties as the jacket & pants. My blood is pretty thin since I moved to the south so I'd say I might be good down to the low 50's if I wore it along with some heat gear beneath it. For you hardier folk maybe mid 40's.

Edited by Headhammer
  • Like 3

I do not like the vest. I even went down to an XL and it is baggy and a loose fit. It really doesn’t even feel like anything is on. I have a synthetic fill Nike Vest and that thing is wonderful. This one only has fill in the front. Making it relatively useless imo. Buy one cheaper elsewhere.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

I do not like the vest. I even went down to an XL and it is baggy and a loose fit. It really doesn’t even feel like anything is on. I have a synthetic fill Nike Vest and that thing is wonderful. This one only has fill in the front. Making it relatively useless imo. Buy one cheaper elsewhere.

I would not disagree with you on this point. While I like the comfort of the vest it is a little baggy and the fit could be improved or at least add a drawstring like the jacket has around the waist. After wearing it for a while, I probably could wear the small size versus the medium I received for a better fit.

• Like 3

I think there have been lots of "here's a box on my front porch" pictures in these reviews before, but this is the first "here's a video of the delivery guy" that I recall. Nice touch! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Looks like very well-made gear. Excited to hear longer term impressions. Might have to pony up for a set myself.

• Like 2

I am headed out this afternoon to do some more testing 😁

• Like 4

Great stuff so far guys! I've been very interested in this rain gear since I first read the MGS article on the company. I don't have a real need for rain gear at the moment being in Hawaii, but I'll likely pick up a set when I move to San Diego next year. Keep the review goodness coming!!!

• Like 3

I wonder what we have going on here.

IMG_9962.JPG

More testing that’s for sure!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:55 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

I think there have been lots of "here's a box on my front porch" pictures in these reviews before, but this is the first "here's a video of the delivery guy" that I recall. Nice touch! 🙂

That was just lucky that I had my phone with me when he rolled up... 

• Like 4

On 3/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, jacustomgolf said:

I wonder what we have going on here.

IMG_9962.JPG

More testing that’s for sure!

Ahhh the good old splash and mud test 😁😎

• Like 2

How is the testing going?  It snowed here over the weekend.  Courses are all closed from the rain.  Hopefully getting back out next weekend and maybe some later this week.  

• Like 1

Just heard a commercial on PGA Radio by Terry--The founder/owner--mentioning MyGolfSpy and the Most Wamted resutls. 

Also offering a 25% discount on new purchases using the promo code Masters.  

• Like 6

How is the testing going?  It snowed here over the weekend.  Courses are all closed from the rain.  Hopefully getting back out next weekend and maybe some later this week.  

It’s been dry and warm in the PNW! Suppose to rain a couple days this week and hoping to get out during it. Otherwise resulting to more creative/fun ways to test...

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 7:46 PM, downlowkey said:

Oh man, I'm really hoping somebody on the review team has the guts to take video walking their Galway Bay gear through the car wash! Sounds like a job for the silver backed gorilla to me. Also, very nice Stage 1.

I was thinking Sprinkler but Carwash works also... 

• Like 4