GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Galway Bay Rain Gear

18 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Last, but not least...

Check out my Stage 2!

Very honest and up-front review Bud! Well done!

My take-aways from all reviewers;

• No hood
  • Not breathable
  • Lacks some features like adjustable waist, interior pockets on the jacket and pants pocket depth was hit or miss
  • Quality materials but with some stitching issues
  • Looks are a plus
  • Great customer service
  • Very expensive

If I was in the market for a full-on rain suit to golf in (and I'm really not), I would most likely keep looking for other products that offered more features for less cash after reading all this. Great job @jacustomgolf, @Headhammer, @No3PuttLaLa & @Sluggo42!! You fellas nailed it!!!!

• Like 5

Very honest and up-front review Bud! Well done!
My take-aways from all reviewers;
  • No hood
  • Not breathable
  • Lacks some features like adjustable waist, interior pockets on the jacket and pants pocket depth was hit or miss
  • Quality materials but with some stitching issues
  • Looks are a plus
  • Great customer service
  • Very expensive
If I was in the market for a full-on rain suit to golf in (and I'm really not), I would most likely keep looking for other products that offered more features for less cash after reading all this. Great job [mention=52743]jacustomgolf[/mention], [mention=74341]Headhammer[/mention], [mention=76818]No3PuttLaLa[/mention] & [mention=24616]Sluggo42[/mention]!! You fellas nailed it!!!!

You hit the nail on the head! It was fun testing these. Although some of the downpour rounds were quite miserable. But hey, anything to give “Power To The Player”... Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

You hit the nail on the head! It was fun testing these. Although some of the downpour rounds were quite miserable. But hey, anything to give “Power To The Player”... Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

100% fellow Spy! Fantastic work!

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

The look of the product itself does not suit my 31 year old style. It definitely has more of an appearance suited towards older players in the game.

Older players?! Why you millennial sone beech! 😆 IMHO, there are not a lot of stylish rain suits out there, so for this older player I found it quite slick. Maybe you should have got the black one.

The fit obviously played a big role in how reviewers rated the suit. It really fit me well and more importantly moved well during my swing which is the reason I rated it so highly there. Also, I did not seem to sweat like others in the suit and I am quite the sweater, nor did I have any QC issues. 

Lastly, I was also surprised by the amount of emphasis put on the hood, or lack there of, and wonder what role reviewer bias came into play here. In our outline for the review process the "Does the rain suit have a hood?" comment somehow stood out more prominently to me than other review criteria and it was one of the first things I looked for when I got the suit. Granted it would be nice to have a hood, but in reality I would feel too constricted to freely swing with a hood and I only deducted 2 points for not having one. Plus, us "Older Players" are not afraid of a little rain on our ball caps!

Good reviews all around! As a reader take the good & the bad from each and make up your own mind. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hollis said:

Any more to add. Interested in these.

What questions do you have?

What questions do you have?

Any more quality control issues? Seemed to be a mix bag on breathability for the testers. Some said they sweat like crazy and others not so much. Did the waterproofing hold up for long rainy conditions? Like would anyone think it would hold up fine for a Ireland type trip? For the money....

I would think this would be perfect for an Ireland trip.  I didn't have any quality issues but I did sweat a lot.  In Ireland you should be fine and I would recommend this for that trip. 

13 hours ago, Hollis said:

Any more quality control issues? Seemed to be a mix bag on breathability for the testers. Some said they sweat like crazy and others not so much. Did the waterproofing hold up for long rainy conditions? Like would anyone think it would hold up fine for a Ireland type trip? For the money....

No QC issues. Unless you jump into the Irish Sea, you will remain dry for a links trip.

• Like 1

No QC issues. Unless you jump into the Irish Sea, you will remain dry for a links trip.

Thanks.

Any stretch to the pants? Or are they rough on a fat man who squats down to read putts?

1 hour ago, Hollis said:

Thanks.

Any stretch to the pants? Or are they rough on a fat man who squats down to read putts?

They have some stretch to them, but you'd have to ask a fat man about the squatting part. 😆

On 6/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, Hollis said:

Any more to add. Interested in these.

Well from the “fat man”, I had no trouble with the pants. No trouble with any stitching either. And I felt like they breathed well compared to my old suit. Just order one size bigger in the jacket I would suggest.

and buy a waterproof hat!

• Like 1