Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Slow play

chipperman

How do you deal with it ?

Last Thursady morning i went to my local 9 hole course and there were 2 older gents in front of me just walking towards the 2nd tee as i walked onto the 1st, i had no one behind me so i didn`t rush, to give them chance to get ahead but it was pointless

To cut along story short they took to long looking for a ball in the rough and took an age to put out i tried to attract there attention on the 5th  (a short par 4) so i could play through ,one of them looked my way but then turned around and carried on looking for a ball in the rough

So i teed off i got with 30 yds of them but they continued to ignore me so i prepared to take my 2nd shot and was then told to wait !!!!! So i ignored them and played my 2nd shot luckily i landed it on the green

I walked toward the green and putted out (golfing gods were smiling on me, an 8ft putt went straight in)

i teed of on the 6th ignoring there comments .

I know that people have asked the owner of the course to put a sign up about slow play but its never happened

Sorry to rant on

(just for info the score 6th to 9th hole were shocking !!!!)

You're good Chipperman, I play slow I guess 4 hours for 18. If you have folks behind and it ain't the Dan Ryan Freeway in front of you let folks play through. I've had guys get PO'd I just roll by to the next hole and keep playing. If you're playing slower them me WOW. Usually its the same reason dudes looking for golf balls.

I will say this about your situation, if indeed there are 5 foursomes in front it ain't likely you're going to play through all of them, sometimes it just takes time to play a round. Drink beer, it helps

I do hear you on looking for golf balls. That's the one thing I don't do is look for lost golf balls. I walk over look in the bushes maybe step into the woods if its clear. half minute later I'm on my way. Seen dudes look for 20 minutes for a damn ball.

I love the guys that get all PO'd when you wait cuz there 20 foursomes of ladies in front and they think their going to play through all day. I usually catch them on the next Tee Box and laugh.

Enjoy your game

10shot

If you go to any Golf forum this subject is discussed more than any other topic. It’s almost to the point where it probably needs to fall in the “agree to disagree” category. Like kids holding onto a knot in a rope for accountability at a day care Golfers on a Golf Course are connected to all other Golfers in regards to pace of play.

From the older gentlemen who are moving as fast as their bodies will allow to the young social beer drinkers just trying to have a good time there are many categories of slow players. I’m not sure there is one answer that fits all in regards to dealing with these differing pace of play challenges.

The amazing part about it is seemingly everyone hates slow play yet no one admits they are the culprit. I play incredibly fast when allowed to so I’ve kind of developed my own system.

1. Play on days and times when the masses are either unable or unwilling to play.

2. Practice chipping on the Tee Box and fairways to pass the time.

3. Stay as close as I can on the Par 4s and Par 5s so when they arrive to a Par 3 tee box I’m right on their heals so I can ask to play though.

4. Accept that I am able to afford to play Golf because of the vast majority of social Golfers slowing down those of us who are more serious. If not for them green fees would go through the roof.

5. Wireless headphones work wonders.

6. Spend more time on the greens practicing putting and chipping to give the group ahead some leg room.

7. Hit more than one ball per hole and pit different clubs against one another.

8. Skip holes then return to play them out of sequence.

9. Look for lost balls to add to my shag bag.

10. YouTube! Which has become my answer for everything. From learning how to change a heater core to sports updates I’m all about the Tube to pass the time.

The reality is most of the time when I feel the group or groups in front are slow they really are not slow at all. They are moving at the Golf Courses recommended pace of play. It’s usually my quick pace that is the problem opposed to their slow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

15 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

I’m not sure there is one answer that fits all in regards to dealing with these differing pace of play challenges.

In general, I agree with you, but often feel many of the courses I play could have a LOT more effective marshalling (any would be a great start). Somebody to make the old farts understand they need to respect those around them and the beer-drinking crowd understand it's great to have a good time, but don't slow people down - or if you do, be prepared to let them play through.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played again today there was another loan golf on the 3rd tee so i joined him `the masses` were not ,out but we got to the 6th to be held up again by 2 elederly gentlemen looking for a ball in the rough,eventually the we teed off attempting to play through.

A heated debate then took place ,so i have decided although it is just a 15 drive to this 9 hole course ,i think i will drive further afield in future or go to the local pitch and putt for practice

it just not worth it

On 3/24/2019 at 8:36 PM, SteddyGolf said:

Wireless headphones work wonders

My wife had suggested that to me! Found a decent pair cheap but have not yet had a chance to try them out on the course .. hopefully within the next few days. Not sure if I'll actually like playing with them on, but I'm pretty sure I *will* appreciate them during those looooong Summer rounds!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My wife had suggested that to me! Found a decent pair cheap but have not yet had a chance to try them out on the course .. hopefully within the next few days. Not sure if I'll actually like playing with them on, but I'm pretty sure I *will* appreciate them during those looooong Summer rounds!

Definitely! Pandora and Spotify are a blessing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

3 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

Guess I'm old school using itunes, but I do have a playlist set up for golf! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This is why I tee off at 630 am on weekends. I'm fine with that 4-4:30 window for play, but can't deal if it's longer than that. But it's good to see a list of stuff to do to pass the time. I've been working on slowing myself down in between shots too.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

I don't know what I would do without music streaming, especially on long drives. The ads were a bit irritating but around 2 years ago Spotify ran a family deal for $20/month. My daughters and I use it almost non-stop.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I don't know what I would do without music streaming, especially on long drives. The ads were a bit irritating but around 2 years ago Spotify ran a family deal for $20/month. My daughters and I use it almost non-stop.

You took food out of my babies mouths lmao. I own loads of Pandora stock! Oh well, guess I’ll get a job dancing on the tables at the old folks home.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Archived