Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Best Keep Getting Better. Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 And Pro V1x Golf Balls.

TWShoot67

Continuous improvement to the world's most trusted and best selling golf balls Fairhaven, MA (January 27, 2011) -Titleist, the #1 ball in golf, announces the launch of the most technologically advanced Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls yet. Titleist, once again, raises the standard for quality and performance by making the most trusted and best selling golf balls even better. Product improvements to its flagship models are engineered to satisfy the demanding requirements of the world's best professional tour players, club professionals, competitive amateurs and aspiring golfers. Ten years after the marketplace introduction of the original Pro V1, "the ball that turned golf upside down" (USA Today, March 2001), the best keep getting better.

"Golf is a game of continuous improvement and serious golfers want to get better," said Mary Lou Bohn, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing and Communications. "At Titleist, we care about golfers' games and will only introduce a new golf ball if it truly performs better and helps them shoot lower scores. We have tested and validated the performance of the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x with players throughout the pyramid of influence with resoundingly positive performance feedback and success. New Pro V1 and Pro V1x are the best performing golf balls we've ever made, and the best performing golf balls in the game."

Titleist Pro V1 loyalists will experience increased spin control and a more consistent ball flight with the new model, while retaining the exceptional distance and durability they count on for their game. The performance improvements of the New Titleist Pro V1x are longer distance and a more consistent ball flight, along with its renowned Drop-and-Stop greenside control. Titleist manufactures every Pro V1 and Pro V1x in its own facilities to the strictest standards using precision process technologies. Golfers can trust that Pro V1 and Pro V1x deliver unmatched consistency and quality.

"New Pro V1 and Pro V1x are designed to help players of all skill levels shoot lower scores," said Bohn. "Both models deliver exceptional distance and short game spin control, yet provide distinct performance differences in driver and iron spin, distance, feel and durability. We encourage every golfer to experience Titleist golf ball fitting which culminates in an on-course performance evaluation to assess which new Pro V1 model is best for their game."

NEW PRO V1

Increased Spin Control. More Consistent Flight with Exceptional Distance

New Pro V1 provides the exceptional distance and durability that golfers have counted on, and now delivers increased spin control and a more consistent flight. This advanced performance results from a new innovative ZG process core technology, responsive ionomeric casing layer, urethane elastomer cover and spherically tiled 352 tetrahedral dimple design. This new 352 dimple pattern with five different dimple sizes (previous generation had 392 dimples) has more surface coverage and 3 axes of symmetry. These new aerodynamics deliver a penetrating ball flight that holds its line in the wind.

"By implementing design improvements in the core, casing layer and aerodynamics, we have produced the highest performing and most consistent performing Pro V1 we've ever made," said Bill Morgan, Senior Vice President, Golf Ball Research and Design, Acushnet Company. "Players' feedback has focused on new Pro V1's tight penetrating flight, particularly in holding its line in the wind, as well as the increased spin control and consistent reaction into the green."

NEW PRO V1x

Longer Distance. More Consistent Flight with Exceptional Spin Control.

Delivering very low spin off the driver and long irons, New Pro V1x provides longer distance and a more consistent flight along with its renowned Drop-and-Stop greenside control. A four-piece multi-component design, Pro V1x features a large, high velocity dual core with a soft center, responsive ionomeric casing layer, urethane elastomer cover and a new spherically tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design (previous generation had 332 dimples). This high coverage dimple pattern with seven different dimple sizes has three axes of symmetry and produces a higher trajectory for Pro V1x's longer distance and a consistent flight that cuts through windy conditions. The Pro V1x retains its urethane elastomer cover for soft feel and durability.

"The new Pro V1x has a new 328 tetrahedral dimple design which is exceptionally efficient aerodynamically," said Morgan. "The combination of the Pro V1x's higher trajectory and very low spin results in longer distance. While any distance gains are certainly player dependent, most Pro V1x players have noticed that it peaks further downrange and carries farther than their prior generation Pro V1x. They have also experienced excellent performance in windy conditions."

"Professionals and amateurs alike, all of whom seek to advance their games, have provided performance feedback and validated each generation of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x, to ensure that the world's best golf balls keep getting better," said Bohn. "The essence of players' trust in Titleist is that they have to know that their golf ball will do exactly what they want it to do if they hit their shot properly. Pro V1 and Pro V1x have earned this trust, year after year, and that it is why more of the world's best players, club professionals, accomplished amateurs and golfers around the world have made Pro V1 their #1 choice."

MERCHANDISING AND MARKETING SUPPORT

The New Pro V1 and Pro V1x will sport contemporary new packaging complemented by the lens flare graphic that has become synonymous with the Titleist Pro V1 franchise. Merchandising support includes Launch Packs, dedicated trial and sustaining displays, extensive sampling, as well as in-shop signage and point-of-sale materials.

ADVERTISING

The New Pro V1 family will be supported by print, television, and internet advertising campaigns that will break in January. The campaign will feature the tagline, "The Best Keep Getting Better," and include the plurality of Titleist golf ball players across the worldwide professional tours, club professionals and amateurs who rely upon the Pro V1 and Pro V1x for their success.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

The New Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls begin shipping to golf shops in February, with a suggested retail price of $58 per dozen (MAP: $45.99). Both models will be sold in traditional dozen and three-ball sleeves. Play numbers 5-8 also will be available in addition to the traditional 1-4.

PLAYER VALIDATION

Prior to any Titleist high performance golf ball introduction, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x are tested and validated across the worldwide professional tours, with club professionals and better playing amateurs. The New Pro V1 and New Pro V1x golf balls found instant acceptance and success when seeding began at the McGladrey Classic in October, when 22 players trusted the new models. Bo Van Pelt (Pro V1/T6), Webb Simpson (Pro V1x/T12) and Steve Marino (Pro V1x/T15), all finished in the Top 15.

Two weeks later, Padraig Harrington earned the first-ever victory with the new Pro V1x on the worldwide tours when he captured the Iskandor Johor Open in Malaysia - the first time he teed up the golf ball in competition. Since then, Steven Bowditch, who already secured his 2011 PGA Tour Card after finishing 17th on the Nationwide Tour money list, won the Cellarbrations NSW PGA Championship on the Australian Tour. Michio Matsumura captured the Casio World Open playing the New Pro V1x and Hiroyuki Fujita won the JT Open playing the New Pro V1 on the Japan Golf Tour. Maria Hjorth became the first player on the LPGA Tour to win with the New Pro V1 when she captured the season-ending LPGA Tour Championship.

To begin the 2011 campaign, James Nitties captured the Cellarbrations Victorian PGA Championship on the Australasian Tour playing the New Pro V1x for just the second time in competition. The same week on the PGA TOUR saw Tim Clark and Steve Marino share 2nd place playing the New Pro V1 and New Pro V1x, respectively, at the Sony Open in Hawaii, the first full-field event of the season.

In addition to the aforementioned champions and other top finishers, notable players making either the late 2010 season, or early 2011 conversion to the Pro V1 include: Brian Gay, Paul Goydos, Charles Howell III, Jeff Klauk, Joe Ogilvie, Jose Maria Olazabal, Roland Thatcher, Scott Verplank, Jimmy Walker, Mike Weir and Charlie Wi. Those choosing the New Pro V1x include Hunter Mahan, Bubba Watson, Ben Crane, Michael Sim, Henrik Stenson, Kenneth Ferrie, Brian Davis, Jason Bohn, Chad Campbell, Marc Leishman, Bryce Molder and Kenny Perry, among others. The process of Tour player conversion continues each week.

WHAT PLAYERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE NEW PRO V1

"Selecting the New Pro V1 was an easy choice for me. Not being a high swing speed guy, I can keep the New Pro V1 up in the air off the tee with enough spin that it will go far off the driver. I found the true benefits for me were with the irons and shots around the green. I need to have confidence the golf ball will react the way I want it to, especially on those important 50-60 yard scoring shots into the green. I want to know that I can stop the ball, and I can see that in the New Pro V1. I know it is the right ball for me."

- Tim Clark, after finishing T-2 at the 2011 Sony Open in Hawaii, the second time he played it in competition.

"Man, I thought we were going to win with it last week! The new ball was great. I just love the way it flies, hangs in there and holds its line."

- Bo Van Pelt after he played it at the McGladrey Classic where he tied for 6th.

"I love the New Pro V1 because it fits my game very well. It has a great ball flight, is very durable and feels great around the green. This new Titleist golf ball is even better for me."

- Maria Hjorth following her season-ending victory at the LPGA Tour Championship. The win came the first time she played the New Pro V1 in competition.

WHAT PLAYERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE NEW PRO V1x

"I put it straight into play and won. I was very confident with the New Pro V1x and hit it a long way. It is longer and holds its line better off the tee. It's definitely got a more penetrating ball flight, has superb distance control and the Pro V1x has always been brilliant around the greens."

- Padraig Harrington, who won the Iskandor Johor Open in Malaysia the first time he put the New Pro V1x in play. Harrington was the first player to win with the New Pro V1x on the worldwide professional tours.

"I first tried the New Pro V1x during a practice round in Las Vegas last Fall to get some feedback, and decided to put it into play immediately. I saw a big difference in the amount of extra carry I was getting off my driver without the ball getting hurt by the wind. I am also getting a higher ball flight off my long irons, which helps it land softer and stop quicker on the greens. Vegas was a good first test, and I have been playing it ever since."

- Hunter Mahan.

"I love this ball. It just cuts through the wind. I kind of hope it's windy this week so I have an advantage over everyone. It is amazing."

- Webb Simpson, prior to the McGladrey Classic where he finished T-12. He finished T-4 at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open two weeks later.

"It has a higher ball flight which is what I am looking for. And the way it's landing on these really firm greens, it's able to stop a little quicker."

- Bubba Watson after playing the New Pro V1x for the first time at the Shark Shootout.

Joe Gomes

Director of Communication

(508.979.3211)

[email protected]

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Wonderful! But as far as I'm concerned, there's a reversed relationship between the price of golf balls I use and the quality of my play. I tend to hook or slice expensive balls into the water hazard. While cheapo balls, or even free ones that I found, always fly long and true for me. Give me a sleeve of ProV and I promise you I can find water in the desert.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Archived