Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mr. Trout

fixyurdivot

12 year $426,500,000.00 contract with the LA Angels.  I'm thinking Mike got taken advantage of here... your thoughts?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Largest contract for North American sports.  Trout has always kept a low profile so I think the contract fits with his demeanour.  No hoopla of free agency and does not need to listen to the media speculate about where he will go for how much money.  It is also nice to see a great player who wants to stay and try to win on the team that drafted him.  I would love to see him in the World Series in the next few years.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

The James Harden of MLB.  He got the contract that Harper and Boras talked about.  

I'm glad to see this for him and the Angels.  After 5 months of drama of the Harper and Machado Free Agency it was a pleasant change.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I cant wait to make a sign for Harpers first game back in DC saying "Trout>Harper..Better Player..Bigger Contract..Not a Sellout". And yes I 100% admit I am bitter about Harper leaving. I think Trouts loyalty factors into what makes him one of the greatest of this generation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I’m happy for him - I think he wanted to stay with the Angels and he got reasonably compensated for it. He may have squeezed a bit more out next winter but this is now locked in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My favorite stat on that contract:

That said, I tend to be a free market guy on sports salaries. In a market sense, they're not being overpaid: the team owners are making a profit.

And I'm sympathetic to the case that Trout is actually underpaid. The going rate for a win is about $10 million per year. If Trout keeps producing 7-8 WAR over the next 12 years, plus inflation, he might have a case that it should have been a billion dollar contract.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My favorite stat on that contract:

That said, I tend to be a free market guy on sports salaries. In a market sense, they're not being overpaid: the team owners are making a profit.

And I'm sympathetic to the case that Trout is actually underpaid. The going rate for a win is about $10 million per year. If Trout keeps producing 7-8 WAR over the next 12 years, plus inflation, he might have a case that it should have been a billion dollar contract.

Would you rather play baseball and make Trout money or play golf and make Tiger money?  You cannot include endorsement money in your answer.  

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

30 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Would you rather play baseball and make Trout money or play golf and make Tiger money?  You cannot include endorsement money in your answer.  

Fun question.

It is hard for me to imagine having $115,000,000 (Tiger's PGA Tour career earnings) and thinking, "If only I had another $300,000,000...."

For my part, I choose whichever one allowed me to walk around with the fewest people knowing who I am 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Fun question.

It is hard for me to imagine having $115,000,000 (Tiger's PGA Tour career earnings) and thinking, "If only I had another $300,000,000...."

For my part, I choose whichever one allowed me to walk around with the fewest people knowing who I am 🙂

^^^^This- I for one have never heard of Mr Trout (dont even know his first name) and certainly if he walked into a bar I wouldn't have a scoobie what he looked like or who he was.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

As a Detroit Tigers fan, I’m all too familiar with these huge contracts that last too long, and hamstring the team in the future. Miguel Cabrera’s contract has a great affect, negatively, on players the Tigers could shop for in free agency. I like that Trout got paid, but he’s not going to be as productive in his last 3-4 years of his contract as he currently is. It never works. Good on him, and he seems like a good dude, but that money will hurt the team down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

^^^^This- I for one have never heard of Mr Trout (dont even know his first name) and certainly if he walked into a bar I wouldn't have a scoobie what he looked like or who he was.

Would you please, for the sake of those of us whose ancestors landed in Nova Scotia about 7 generations ago and are not current on  our Gaelic, provide a derivation of the expression "wouldn't have a scoobie?"

And I'd take any one of the golfers over Mike Trout.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

1 hour ago, 00sportsman said:

Would you please, for the sake of those of us whose ancestors landed in Nova Scotia about 7 generations ago and are not current on  our Gaelic, provide a derivation of the expression "wouldn't have a scoobie?"

And I'd take any one of the golfers over Mike Trout.

sorry, I forget my audience sometimes, plus you guys all know who scooby Doo is.

It's abbreviated rhyming slang, the full phrase is "I wouldn't have a scooby Doo" =  Clue 

Other well known phrases are;

"up the apples and pears" = Stairs

"nice Richard the Third" - Bird

"Plates of Meat" = feet

"trouble and strife" = wife

"dog and bone" = Phone

"septic Tank" = Yank

"Mince Pies" = eyes

"Ruby Murray" = Curry

"acker Bilk" = Milk

only a few are used abbreviated in normal language and more prevalent in London, as in Cockney Rhyming slang

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

12 year $426,500,000.00 contract with the LA Angels.  I'm thinking Mike got taken advantage of here... your thoughts?  

How would he have been taken advantage of? The market and salaries have decline for two years straight. He’s currently the best player in the league and got the biggest contract ever and will be 39 when it expires. He’s taking guaranteed money to stay where he wants to be and is more than likely significantly higher than what he could have potentially got in 2 years.

he had no intention of hitting the free agent market and was rewarded with a great deal.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This does sound crazy to say out loud, but he may end up being one of the most underpaid players of his generation. 

On the flip side of that it is refreshing to see the best player in baseball not only be loyal but not chase more money. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

How would he have been taken advantage of? The market and salaries have decline for two years straight. He’s currently the best player in the league and got the biggest contract ever and will be 39 when it expires. He’s taking guaranteed money to stay where he wants to be and is more than likely significantly higher than what he could have potentially got in 2 years.

he had no intention of hitting the free agent market and was rewarded with a great deal.

I should have used the winky icon... my comment/question was just tongue in cheek.  I don't even follow MLB that closely but still remain awestruck by the money involved in pro sports. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

7 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

sorry, I forget my audience sometimes, plus you guys all know who scooby Doo is.

It's abbreviated rhyming slang, the full phrase is "I wouldn't have a scooby Doo" =  Clue 

Other well known phrases are;

"up the apples and pears" = Stairs

"nice Richard the Third" - Bird

"Plates of Meat" = feet

"trouble and strife" = wife

"dog and bone" = Phone

"septic Tank" = Yank

"Mince Pies" = eyes

"Ruby Murray" = Curry

"acker Bilk" = Milk

only a few are used abbreviated in normal language and more prevalent in London, as in Cockney Rhyming slang

Got it.  I thought it might have something to do with Scooby Doo, but I couldn't put the pieces together.

Thanks for the lesson.  Can you teach me Gaelic, too?😁

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

10 hours ago, 00sportsman said:

Got it.  I thought it might have something to do with Scooby Doo, but I couldn't put the pieces together.

Thanks for the lesson.  Can you teach me Gaelic, too?😁

I haven't a scooby about Gaelic 😉

I give ol' Rainbow here a solid thumbs up. As mentioned before, as more and more teams are shifting toward wanting years of team controlled contracts and are playing games with promising prospects to be able to hold them down at a lower cost and no one wanted to pay these guys what they are worth, I'm happy this deal got done.

Obviously, I find it absurd that this is the type of money athletes make (different discussion for a different time), but in a winter where teams want to cry about how poor they are while attempting to flatten wages through their tactics, I can tell you that when this CBA runs out in 2021, expect a strike. Revenues are up while salaries and attendance are down because owners care more about making money for these small market teams and lining their pockets than putting a competitive team on the field.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Was hoping to see him in pin stripes. Happy for him. Seems like a good kid and is an amazing player, probably best ever. Unfortunately for baseball fans, his whole career is going to be wasted playing in Disney. I’ve been to tons of Angels games when I lived in San Diego, and there are consistently more of the opposite teams fans at the park. As a baseball fan I wished he went somewhere that I could see him play everyday and play for World Series. Don’t see it happening in Anaheim

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived