TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For your Masters Sunday viewing enhancement (or if you just forgot your picks), here's the full list of #SpyStaffSlam picks with scoring. For the sake of today, I dropped in the current standings to give you guys an idea of where you may stand:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Sunday at The Masters  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 83rd Masters??

• Frankie
    • Tiger
    • Tony
    • BK
    • The Field

This poll is closed to new votes

IMG_5176.JPG.5a6ff84b7c1ab3753dcca2dd5743727d.JPG

Hello Friends -

Spring is in the air, and the flowers are in full bloom across Augusta National. The sights, the sounds, the roars will soon fill the air around our favorite Major Tournament of the year.

Welcome back to the show. Last year was a roller coaster finish in which Captain America ‘Patrick Reed’ was victorious over a hard charging Jordan Spieth, and our Runner up Mr. Rickie Fowler.

The 2017 Champion Sergio Garcia over England’s Justin Rose who comes in ranked number 2 in the world this week both of these gentlemen have their sights set on a green jacket.

As a history buff, the names of Sandy Lyle, Bernhard Langer, Freddie Couples makes the hair on my arm stand up. The Thursday morning crack of Mr. Player, and Mr. Nicklaus tee shots send shivers down my spine.

The only major played on the same course, I think Bobby Jones would be proud...

There are several story lines this year, with the biggest being a large cat. Tiger Woods is looking for his 15th Major, and his 5th Masters. But his competition is at an all time high.

A very leg day oriented Phil Mickelson won the Pebble Beach Pro-Am earlier this year. Could the 48 year old provide the magic required to pull it off?

Ireland’s Rory McIlory is looking for the Career Grand Slam, and his game has been superb all year, leading the tour in many categories. His win at The Players showed he has the grit and power to pull it off.

DJ, the number one ranked player on tour probably rented a one story house this year. With at least one win every season since I can remember it is hard to count him out.

Will Jordan Spieth rise to the occasion and get out of his current state of funk?

Will Rickie Fowler have his game in order to make a Sunday charge.

Whatever the story line, no matter the winner. It’s here, The Masters is 13 days away.

My pick? Rory McIlroy

https://www.masters.com/index.html

Poll live, use full site to vote!

Go get your entries for the #SpyStaffSlam here!!!

2019 #SpyStaffSlam: The Masters - Sponsored by Wilson Staff

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/30873-2019-%23SpyStaffSlam%3A-The-Masters---Sponsored-by-Wilson-Staff

Then come back and talk about this wonderful tournament!!!

Shankster - as usual you're way ahead of us - well at least me. But in the spirit............here's an interesting article on the distance and elevation at the masters. https://www.golf.com/travel/2019/03/26/breaking-down-elevation-augusta-national-golf-club/

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've been a couple of times during practice rounds. I can't say personally there is one particular hole that's my favorite. Today I'm just recalling past visits at Augusta and last time me and some buds enjoyed sitting in the stands for a while on the par three where when the players come through they each try skipping a ball across the pond and onto the green - closest to the pin. It's fun to watch and gives your tired legs a rest.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Ricky!  It's time to shine and put all those media pundit's criticisms to rest.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

My favorite time of the year. I don’t know how you can’t go for Rickie after the way he finished last year.

My long shot is Billy Horschel. Something about dark horses winning this event over the last decade makes me think he can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Nice work on getting this started @Shankster! My favorite hole? #16 Redbud hands down with the Sunday pin placement is a hard one not to be excited about.

My pick to win? Brooks Koepka at 14/1 odds currently. Release the Beast!💪

Dark horse? Shown at 125/1, Brandt Snedeker. Man can that guy putt!⛳

Now if I only had the guts to place a bet...oh and I'd kinda need cash to do that...ah well...😬

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Nice work on getting this started [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]! My favorite hole? #16 Redbud hands down with the Sunday pin placement is a hard one not to be excited about.
My pick to win? Brooks Koepka at 14/1 odds currently. Release the Beast!
Dark horse? Shown at 125/1, Brandt Snedeker. Man can that guy putt!
Now if I only had the guts to place a bet...oh and I'd kinda need cash to do that...ah well...

Not a problem. I also like Redbud, lots of magic on that hole. Someday I’ll get there to see it in person, hopefully from the tee-box with my invite from... and then I woke up.

BK... wouldn’t hurt my feelings any. Neither would Sneds for that matter.

Rory wins this year to complete his career grand slam.

He seems very focused on his process and that consistency has given him multiple top ten finishes and a win at The Players.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Favorite hole is White Dogwood.
Favorite to win is Justin Rose.
Favorite dark horse is Louis Oosthuizen

Louis has got to win it one of these years.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Maybe a 57 is in order? That would spin some heads. Everything would have to get longer for sure. Right?

He’s got the chops to make it happen.

I’ll be on a plane Friday and already told the guys at work that Sunday is exclusively for the Masters.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I have been fortunate enough to attend practice rounds on four different occasions.  Television doesn't do the change in elevation justice!  I will be attending the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur with my daughter in a few weeks.  I'm very much looking forward to experiencing Augusta National with her for the first time.  

My favorite hole is without question, #13 Azalea.  I have a large portrait of it hanging over my fireplace.

I have been fortunate enough to attend practice rounds on four different occasions.  Television doesn't do the change in elevation justice!  I will be attending the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur with my daughter in a few weeks.  I'm very much looking forward to experiencing Augusta National with her for the first time.  
My favorite hole is without question, #13 Azalea.  I have a large portrait of it hanging over my fireplace.

That will be an experience to cherish forever. I think if we’re to hang a portrait over my fireplace it would Azalea as well, but I’ll get overruled by the boss. So I have a nice computer background instead.

Rosie, I don't know how Rosie doesn't have more majors already.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

5 hours ago, GB13 said:

Rosie, I don't know how Rosie doesn't have more majors already.

That's why he switched to Honma 😉

Driver: :taylormade-small: M4 D-Type

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 2 Max 3HL

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Rogue X 18*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21*

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue 5-AW

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7 54*08M, 60*04L

Putter: Wilson Infinite West Loop

:Arccos:

This thread, paired with today's weather here in Missouri (upper 60s) is getting my hyped! Usually get together with some friends and golf as much as we can during the weekend and then brewskies and grilled food to watch the final round on Sunday. 

I'm picking Rory to take it all, he's been looking pretty convincing lately. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

This thread, paired with today's weather here in Missouri (upper 60s) is getting my hyped! Usually get together with some friends and golf as much as we can during the weekend and then brewskies and grilled food to watch the final round on Sunday. 
I'm picking Rory to take it all, he's been looking pretty convincing lately. 

Fresh cut grass, birds chirping...

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Fresh cut grass, birds chirping...

T-minus 3 hours and I'll be on the course. I'll be watching Master's highlights until then.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

No photo description available.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Image result for masters