TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For your Masters Sunday viewing enhancement (or if you just forgot your picks), here's the full list of #SpyStaffSlam picks with scoring. For the sake of today, I dropped in the current standings to give you guys an idea of where you may stand:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Sunday at The Masters  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 83rd Masters??

• Frankie
    • Tiger
    • Tony
    • BK
    • The Field

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Being Seve’s birthday I fully intend to watch the 1980 and 1983 final rounds this afternoon.

IMG_2524.PNG

I did via Sky sports, it was refreshing to see Arnie with a basic blade putter holing everything, or so it seemed, and everyone else using thin blades but still shooting 5 under...........😉

P.S I still havent watched the seve movie........think I'd cry all the way through

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I did via Sky sports, it was refreshing to see Arnie with a basic blade putter holing everything, or so it seemed, and everyone else using thin blades but still shooting 5 under...........
P.S I still havent watched the seve movie........think I'd cry all the way through

Just skip the last 10 or so minutes when they get into the Ryder cup stuff...

Worth the watch. Even my wife who doesn’t like golf enjoyed it.

I can only imagine the impact he had on the European Tour, and golf in Europe in general. Sometimes I am sure I was born in the wrong era. I still don’t feel like he gets the credit that he earned. Pure legend... and if you count all of his wins he’s out front by a few in the total win category.

6 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I haven't chosen him after watching his swing, plus he will be bricking it coming from relative obscurity to one of the biggest Golf stages on the planet.

He's played there before as an AM.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The par 4 #5 hole, Magnolia, has been stretched 40 yards; now playing 495 yards.  The two bunkers on the left have been moved towards the new tee; 313 yards to carry.  Only 4 holes were harder last year, so I'm thinking that it might be up near the top now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The par 4 #5 hole, Magnolia, has been stretched 40 yards; now playing 495 yards.  The two bunkers on the left have been moved towards the new tee; 313 yards to carry.  Only 4 holes were harder last year, so I'm thinking that it might be up near the top now.

Don’t understand why they need to ruin the design. If you look back in history the scores have had peaks and valleys, and I’d say it’s a thinking course. Sure a few power hitters have won. But generally the shotmaker type prevails at Augusta.

*Bubba is a hybrid...

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Don’t understand why they need to ruin the design. If you look back in history the scores have had peaks and valleys, and I’d say it’s a thinking course. Sure a few power hitters have won. But generally the shotmaker type prevails at Augusta.

*Bubba is a hybrid...

The revised hole appears the same off the tee, so the design didn't change.  The reason given was that Bobby Jones wanted a long and challenging approach shot where a player could run a shot up onto the green like a links type course.  With todays game, it has been 9i and wedges.  So, in that respect the hole is restored to what it was supposed to be.

The revised hole appears the same off the tee, so the design didn't change.  The reason given was that Bobby Jones wanted a long and challenging approach shot where a player could run a shot up onto the green like a links type course.  With todays game, it has been 9i and wedges.  So, in that respect the hole is restored to what it was supposed to be.

Ok, I’ll take that well put together response.

Here's the pairings for Thursday.  They have Tiger in the middle of the pack and that should help the crowds.  Some great pairings at days end.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2019-masters-tee-times-pairings-tiger-woods-complete-field-set-for-round-1-on-thursday/

Unfortunately, we're delayed getting back to Montana (home) from Yuma.  Truck blew a fuel line outside of Needles, CA...had to be towed to Lake Havasu... two nights waiting for repair.... back on the road yesterday, but HUGE winter storm coming through SLC and north... laying over in St. George rather than test bad roads.  So, I'll likely miss watching live coverage Thursday and Friday - first time in many, many years. 😥 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Ok. So are we picking for the Par 3 tomorrow?

I’ve been watching highlights, 80 and 83, and a plethora of Tiger’s... I am super pumped for this year.

Some of the shots El Tigre pulled off... where is that magic from everyone else not named Tiger, Phil, or Bubba? Those rope hooks were majestic.

Ok. So are we picking for the Par 3 tomorrow?

I’ve been watching highlights, 80 and 83, and a plethora of Tiger’s... I am super pumped for this year.

Some of the shots El Tigre pulled off... where is that magic from everyone else not named Tiger, Phil, or Bubba? Those rope hooks were majestic.

I’ll take Molinari in the par 3 contest but as far as the big tourney I think this is Justin Rose’s year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Regarding the threads poll, the front 9 is getting very little love.  This is somewhat odd in that several of the most difficult holes are on the front; #2 Pink Dogwood, #3 Flowering Peach, and #5 Magnolia.  Perhaps it's because the course handicap rating simply does not have the same meaning for PGA tour events?

904021689_mastersscorecard.jpg.a1ce3d863ed0526bdca791dafadb6394.jpg

Wait a tick.. a 6925 yard course is challenging enough for these guys? I’ve never looked at the total yardage before.

Properly designed course, just like the links courses. No need for 7500 yard courses.

*Small mini rant.... I dislike autocorrect!

I think that's old. I believe it's at 7,475 this year.

Edited to add: it is old. In the lower right corner, it appears that it was a scorecard that had been revised in September 1993.

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

He's played there before as an AM.

Damn you! 😋 I might......just might, change my T5 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Not to be argumentative but the appearance off the tee isn’t the same. I was there Saturday. The tee was moved back some 40 yards but it was also moved some 20 yards right. Moving the tee that far to the right completely changes the angle off the tee and brings the bunkers back into play.

For the record, I like the change. Players need to have a long iron approach from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The measure of golf degeneracy: I could watch Masters on the Range for hours.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You sir are not alone...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

6 minutes ago, bardle said:

You sir are not alone...

Agreed.  I'm guessing we could fill the viewing area with spies.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You're not alone. The Masters on the Range is like an appetizer.

There is something about this tournament that is akin to Christmas. I know I'm anxiously waiting the first tee shots like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting to tear into presents.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

if you're going, or ever do go, don't -- EVEN FOR A SECOND -- think about taking any sand....

https://expo.nj.com/sports/g66l-2019/04/489ad11f168303/masters-2019-the-harrowing-tale-of-augusta-nationals-sand-thief-politi.html

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

if you're going, or ever do go, don't -- EVEN FOR A SECOND -- think about taking any sand....

https://expo.nj.com/sports/g66l-2019/04/489ad11f168303/masters-2019-the-harrowing-tale-of-augusta-nationals-sand-thief-politi.html

Wow.  That's a bit over, over-the-top IMHO. I wonder how many have taken a pinch of grass and escaped such scorn.