TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For your Masters Sunday viewing enhancement (or if you just forgot your picks), here's the full list of #SpyStaffSlam picks with scoring. For the sake of today, I dropped in the current standings to give you guys an idea of where you may stand:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Sunday at The Masters  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 83rd Masters??

• Frankie
    • Tiger
    • Tony
    • BK
    • The Field

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

The tournament definitely was different and it came down to a war of attrition. TW said himself, “I just need to remain patient”. Seems that’s exactly what he did even when things got a little sketchy he remained calm.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Perhaps something that we should all try to do in our own game.  🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

I was front and center in stating that Tiger would likely never win another major. I will gladly be having crow for dinner tonight! It had nothing to do with his personal life! I have said since November 2009, the only mistake Tiger made was getting married. Other than that, he was living his best life!

Coming back from having his spine fused is one of the greatest feats in sports history! Nothing else matters.

First, thanks for your service.

Second, it's okay. We all make mistakes, only real men/women own up to them.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Guess I was wrong about the playoff. What a crazy Sunday at the Masters. In honor of Sunday at the Masters, here is what I had for lunch.
IMG_3041.JPG

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I got DJ and Xander. Cantley is my 3rd guy. I am hoping the first two end up in a playoff...

But if they don't win, it needs to be Tiger

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sounds like you might have won the Wilson irons.

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

3 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Sounds like you might have won the Wilson irons.

It'll be interesting to see the best combination. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I can't imagine the winner is someone who didn't pick Tiger to win.

It'll be interesting to see the best combination. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I can't imagine the winner is someone who didn't pick Tiger to win.

You're probably right. All I really know is that I didn't win.

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I wouldn’t consider it a “mistake” as much as an underestimation. Don’t get hurt patting yourself on the back.

No worries I'm very limber

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

With so many people picking Tiger, I have to imagine somebody nailed a better combo than me. But I was holding out hope for a bit. Either way, still an awesome result. Great to watch Tiger get this come back win, I can't imagine anybody who's mad Tiger won, even if I lost.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I'm sure anyone on SM has seen this but I'm just sharing this here for those who aren't. I've watched it 4 times now (plus live) and it makes me misty every time. 

Showed it to SWMBO and she didn't care one bit. Not really much of a Tiger fan. At least she humored me by watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It’s no secret that I’m not a Tiger fan. With that said, there’s no argument, debate, or doubt he is the GOAT. No matter your opinion on the guy he undoubtedly deserves respect as a professional golfer.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Huge day for Tiger. And to think, the season just began (sorta). Who knows what else we can see this year.

I saw that viewership ratings were up 5% compared to last year. I’d be interested to know if the timing held that back from being an even bigger increase.

Whatever your thoughts are on Tiger winning, you have to admit, we witnessed history today.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

With so many people picking Tiger, I have to imagine somebody nailed a better combo than me. But I was holding out hope for a bit. Either way, still an awesome result. Great to watch Tiger get this come back win, I can't imagine anybody who's mad Tiger won, even if I lost.
I got Tiger, Finau, and Webb Simpson but my other two weren't as successful. It's at least $3m in earnings but I'm sure I'm not the only person who picked the three of them together.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

7 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

For many many years I had to hold Soldiers accountable to the point where it changed their lives. However, once the decision was made and punishment enforced I was then charged with helping them put the pieces of their lives back together again.

Tiger made some pretty significant mistakes as well. These mistakes not only changed his life but they also changed him. He hurt people who loved and trusted him. Those are eggs that cannot be unscrambled my friend.

Today he won a Golf tournament; nothing more, nothing less. While I’m sure the struggle to get back to the victory circle has been incredible it pales in comparison with the private struggle he experiences every day to be a better man.

In the quiet times when you take mental inventory of the quality of life you’ve lived it’s not the trophies you have collected that validate your reasons for being but instead it is the people you have positively effected that bring true value to your life.

While the victory is without a doubt something he will cherish it is my belief that the hugs he shared as he departed the 18th green NOW mean much more to him than a green jacket. I don’t think his priorities have always come in that order.

I’m not a huge fan of any individual athlete but I am a fan of the struggle. The struggle we all go through every day to be a better person. You see, we all make mistakes. Some of those are big public mistakes while others are small private ones. Life is a marathon with tremendous obstacles at every turn. The character of a man is most often revealed when faced with his biggest obstacle; a mirror.

I was proud of Tiger Woods today for his outstanding play on the hallowed grounds of Augusta. I was even more proud to see the growth of a man as he sincerely embraced family and friends.

That was/is a great post!

I can relate to all of it except winning the Masters...lol.

I've made my share of mistakes in life... eggs that I can't unscramble, as you say. I try to be a better man every day and learn from the struggle. I think Tiger is doing the same. 

Thank you again for a great post.

7 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I'm sure anyone on SM has seen this but I'm just sharing this here for those who aren't. I've watched it 4 times now (plus live) and it makes me misty every time

Showed it to SWMBO and she didn't care one bit. Not really much of a Tiger fan. At least she humored me by watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My SWMBO came home after it finished and asked to see the last 2 hrs again as I was so excited he won.

I 'misted' up again🙂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

What a spectacular way to wrap up the 2019 Masters! That was as good a tournament as I think I've ever seen with so many story lines and possible outcomes right up until the end. This week seemed almost destined for Tiger though. He did a great job keeping his composure through all the ups and downs - I could only imagine how difficult it was to walk up 18 with all the emotions he must have been feeling at that moment. I hope to see him win a few more to surpass Sam Snead and Jack Nicklaus, but even if he doesn't what he did yesterday will ensure his legend lives on in the game far beyond my lifetime. What a tournament!!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Meanwhile in Carlsbad, Taylormade can’t keep up with P7TW, M6, Milled Grind Wedge orders, and in Georgia Bridgestone ran out of the Tour B XS (Tiger) edition. Nike’s sale on golf apparel will take a healthy jump.

People who haven’t played in years will dust off the sticks, head to their old track, be reunited with old buddies, and they’ll bring the kids with them.

Tiger winning The Masters this year will have a huge ripple effect. I hope he wins 5 more majors. I don’t care what he did in his personal life. Much like I don’t care what Tom Brady did. It has zero to do with me. But watching my childhood hero’s still competing at the top of the castle does. And I will continue to support them until they give me a reason athletically not to.

43 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Meanwhile in Carlsbad, Taylormade can’t keep up with P7TW, M6, Milled Grind Wedge orders, and in Georgia Bridgestone ran out of the Tour B XS (Tiger) edition. Nike’s sale on golf apparel will take a healthy jump.

People who haven’t played in years will dust off the sticks, head to their old track, be reunited with old buddies, and they’ll bring the kids with them.

Tiger winning The Masters this year will have a huge ripple effect. I hope he wins 5 more majors. I don’t care what he did in his personal life. Much like I don’t care what Tom Brady did. It has zero to do with me. But watching my childhood hero’s still competing at the top of the castle does. And I will continue to support them until they give me a reason athletically not to.

And soon everyone will be wearing those red T shirts on the course. I'll bet Nike just told their factories to ramp up production. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

41 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

And soon everyone will be wearing those red T shirts on the course. I'll bet Nike just told their factories to ramp up production. 

golftown is canada's biggest golf retailer. Their site crashed yesterday with people ordering those shirts. Tiger effect baby

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

All this negativity about Tiger winning.....you'd almost think Patrick Reed won.  😄 😄 😄 

Well done to Tiger and to all who gave us a thrilling Sunday round at Augusta.  It was fun watching and wondering how it was going to play out.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Being a Scot, Brit and European, the golfers I follow and route for follow that order so I wanted Molenari to win and a couple of mistakes cost him.  I'm fairly ambivalent towards Woods but him winning can only be good for the game. It goes to show you that you can't write off a guy that has won 14 majors. His drive and determination is what has got him there. 

Is Jack's 18 still his target?

Who can challenge him and his will to win?

Personally I think his best chance for another Major this year is the Open at Portrush.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

7 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Personally I think his best chance for another Major this year is the Open at Portrush.

or maybe the US Open at Pebble Beach this year where he has won before 😃

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Or at Bethpage where he has won before. emoji6.png

He's basically guaranteed the grand slam this year guys

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X