Jhigdon13

Evnroll Putters

Has anyone used an Evnroll putter? If so what did you think about it? I have done a fair amount of research on their groove technology and have been very impressed, but it’s obviously not a brand you hear about every day in the golf world. They seem legit but I’d love some feedback from people who have used them or owns one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1277.jpg

Search Evnroll putters in the search bar, most people in here LOVE Evnroll putters.  You will see tons of reviews and info on them.

• Like 2

Here are a couple of threads you might want to check out.  I think I got them in there properly.

• Like 3

Perfect! New to the site. Thanks for the links and info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an ER 9 new this winter... i know I know it looks like a frying pan but wanted to give the high MOI a go. Haven’t rolled it outside yet so can’t really give it a fair grade but I feel like we’re really close here in western PA.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I had Scotty Cameron’s for 14 years and finally made the switch last year to the ER1.2. I really liked the putter tech and could tell the difference on how well and consistent it rolled the ball. I got the 370g head and it worked great until I lengthened and powder coated the shaft. It made it too heavy and threw the swingweight off. I traded it for a Cameron Select Laguna and although it looked pretty and felt solid, the performance wasn’t even close to the Evnroll. I just switched back to the ER2.2 355g and it’s the best putter I’ve ever rolled a ball with. I highly recommend giving one a try.

Similar experience as above, I first tried an ER8.  Actually was visiting Carlsbad and set up a fitting at the Evnroll shop.  It was 33” with 370g head.  After getting it and using on the course, I could not control distance. Either too long or too short.

went back to a Scotty C&C, also a Piretti Bosa.  But after a year or so decided to try again, but this time with the 355g ER 1.2.  Much better.  Love the soft feel off the face.    

I just picked up an ER5 after the 2019 mallet test results dropped.

Last year the ER8 finished 1st in 5’, 1st in 10’, 2nd in 20’ and 1st overall. I was listening.

The 8 wasn’t a head I was in love with; I always had thought the 5 looked nice.

This years testing reinforced my decision. So far I’m really pleased.

The feel of the head during the stroke is super well-balanced. This is a really well thought out club from grip to head.

I’m excited to see how it fares throughout the season.

All this feedback makes me want one even more haha! Appreciate it. The technology seems awesome and I’ve read some of the other forums on here about them as well. No doubt an Evnroll will be my next putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the tommy armor...😉

I just benched my evnroll for tommy

Has anyone used an Evnroll putter? If so what did you think about it? I have done a fair amount of research on their groove technology and have been very impressed, but it’s obviously not a brand you hear about every day in the golf world. They seem legit but I’d love some feedback from people who have used them or owns one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1277.jpg.968770b5203f8e91a337de4d0a278e5d.jpg

J. You really can’t go wrong with an EVNROLL. Make sure you get fitted so that you get the model that best supports your putting stroke. They have a couple stock grip options as well so make sure that’s a good fit too.

I’m an EVNROLL guy. I played Ping Anser then SC Newport 2 before making the switch to EVNROLL. I’m very satisfied and have no plans of changing.

One thing to consider with the purchase of EVNROLL putters is the speed of your greens. If you play on the local muni or other "Value" public courses with slow greens it takes a lot of effort to hit lag putts outside of 50'. This is due to the amount of material removed from the face to machine the grooves. I had a static putter fitting which I used to customize the ER2 but IMO the 370g head weight may be part of the issue. 

I love my ER2, the roll is great and it provides the best numbers on the PING putting app in terms of stroke consistency (on 10' putts indoors on a mat) compared to a face balanced mid mallet and a #9 style strong arc putter after extensive testing this winter. On course results have been mixed with distance control on long putts. The EVNROLL always seemed to drop 1 deep 20-25 foot putt every round to keep me coming back for more. But the number of 3 putts due to poor lags negated any benefit. 

Background on my game: average 34-36 putts/round, lowest was 30 putts with the face balanced mallet mentioned above. After a recent 41 putt round with seven 3 putts the EVNROLL has been put in the penalty box until it decides to behave again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

.......I had a static putter fitting which I used to customize the ER2 but IMO the 370g head weight may be part of the issue.......

I mention this above but I had a chance to get fit at their shop in Carlsbad.  Left with an 370g ER8.  But once I got it on the course, distance control was awful.  Sold it for something else.  2 years later I wanted to try again, but with a 355g head.  I am putting much better with it.

2 hours ago, dbdors said:

I mention this above but I had a chance to get fit at their shop in Carlsbad.  Left with an 370g ER8.  But once I got it on the course, distance control was awful.  Sold it for something else.  2 years later I wanted to try again, but with a 355g head.  I am putting much better with it.

I am currently using a 345g putter with a 105g toursnsr pistol grip and have noticed better distance control with the lighter head. Tempted to try something in the 330-335g range to see if it is even better. 

Back to EVNROLL, Their alignment dots and line are also not my favourite which I feel impacts my ability to aim properly compared to other systems with multiple lines. 

There’s a video where Guerin Rife mentions those dots.  He suggested that you choose the alignment dot based on the break of the putt. 

I think it was this video:  

I never knew the science behind those dots, that is interesting. Thanks for that, @dbdors 

He starts talking about the dots and alignment around 22:50 in the video above, for those curious. 

• Love 1