TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll Putters

Jhigdon13

Has anyone used an Evnroll putter? If so what did you think about it? I have done a fair amount of research on their groove technology and have been very impressed, but it’s obviously not a brand you hear about every day in the golf world. They seem legit but I’d love some feedback from people who have used them or owns one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1277.jpg

Search Evnroll putters in the search bar, most people in here LOVE Evnroll putters.  You will see tons of reviews and info on them.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Here are a couple of threads you might want to check out.  I think I got them in there properly.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I have an ER 1.2 355g and love it. 

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

I have an ER 9 new this winter... i know I know it looks like a frying pan but wanted to give the high MOI a go. Haven’t rolled it outside yet so can’t really give it a fair grade but I feel like we’re really close here in western PA.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

I had Scotty Cameron’s for 14 years and finally made the switch last year to the ER1.2. I really liked the putter tech and could tell the difference on how well and consistent it rolled the ball. I got the 370g head and it worked great until I lengthened and powder coated the shaft. It made it too heavy and threw the swingweight off. I traded it for a Cameron Select Laguna and although it looked pretty and felt solid, the performance wasn’t even close to the Evnroll. I just switched back to the ER2.2 355g and it’s the best putter I’ve ever rolled a ball with. I highly recommend giving one a try.

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

Similar experience as above, I first tried an ER8.  Actually was visiting Carlsbad and set up a fitting at the Evnroll shop.  It was 33” with 370g head.  After getting it and using on the course, I could not control distance. Either too long or too short.

went back to a Scotty C&C, also a Piretti Bosa.  But after a year or so decided to try again, but this time with the 355g ER 1.2.  Much better.  Love the soft feel off the face.    

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit

I just picked up an ER5 after the 2019 mallet test results dropped.

Last year the ER8 finished 1st in 5’, 1st in 10’, 2nd in 20’ and 1st overall. I was listening.

The 8 wasn’t a head I was in love with; I always had thought the 5 looked nice.

This years testing reinforced my decision. So far I’m really pleased.

The feel of the head during the stroke is super well-balanced. This is a really well thought out club from grip to head.

I’m excited to see how it fares throughout the season.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Try the tommy armor...😉

I just benched my evnroll for tommy

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Which Tommy Armour are you referring too?

Has anyone used an Evnroll putter? If so what did you think about it? I have done a fair amount of research on their groove technology and have been very impressed, but it’s obviously not a brand you hear about every day in the golf world. They seem legit but I’d love some feedback from people who have used them or owns one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1277.jpg.968770b5203f8e91a337de4d0a278e5d.jpg

J. You really can’t go wrong with an EVNROLL. Make sure you get fitted so that you get the model that best supports your putting stroke. They have a couple stock grip options as well so make sure that’s a good fit too.

I’m an EVNROLL guy. I played Ping Anser then SC Newport 2 before making the switch to EVNROLL. I’m very satisfied and have no plans of changing.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to consider with the purchase of EVNROLL putters is the speed of your greens. If you play on the local muni or other "Value" public courses with slow greens it takes a lot of effort to hit lag putts outside of 50'. This is due to the amount of material removed from the face to machine the grooves. I had a static putter fitting which I used to customize the ER2 but IMO the 370g head weight may be part of the issue. 

I love my ER2, the roll is great and it provides the best numbers on the PING putting app in terms of stroke consistency (on 10' putts indoors on a mat) compared to a face balanced mid mallet and a #9 style strong arc putter after extensive testing this winter. On course results have been mixed with distance control on long putts. The EVNROLL always seemed to drop 1 deep 20-25 foot putt every round to keep me coming back for more. But the number of 3 putts due to poor lags negated any benefit. 

Background on my game: average 34-36 putts/round, lowest was 30 putts with the face balanced mallet mentioned above. After a recent 41 putt round with seven 3 putts the EVNROLL has been put in the penalty box until it decides to behave again. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

.......I had a static putter fitting which I used to customize the ER2 but IMO the 370g head weight may be part of the issue.......

I mention this above but I had a chance to get fit at their shop in Carlsbad.  Left with an 370g ER8.  But once I got it on the course, distance control was awful.  Sold it for something else.  2 years later I wanted to try again, but with a 355g head.  I am putting much better with it.

2 hours ago, dbdors said:

I mention this above but I had a chance to get fit at their shop in Carlsbad.  Left with an 370g ER8.  But once I got it on the course, distance control was awful.  Sold it for something else.  2 years later I wanted to try again, but with a 355g head.  I am putting much better with it.

I am currently using a 345g putter with a 105g toursnsr pistol grip and have noticed better distance control with the lighter head. Tempted to try something in the 330-335g range to see if it is even better. 

Back to EVNROLL, Their alignment dots and line are also not my favourite which I feel impacts my ability to aim properly compared to other systems with multiple lines. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

There’s a video where Guerin Rife mentions those dots.  He suggested that you choose the alignment dot based on the break of the putt. 

I think it was this video:  

I never knew the science behind those dots, that is interesting. Thanks for that, @dbdors 

He starts talking about the dots and alignment around 22:50 in the video above, for those curious. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Majority on here will love these putters. I have never gotten one on course, but from what I can feel in store they are money. I would love to spend hours on a putting green trying them out and seeing the consistency across the face. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I have a lot of putters. I love putters, I collect them. 

I travel for work and finished at a customer early that was near a PGA Superstore. I spent 6 hours in the store hitting every putter in there. I kept gravitating back to the Evenroll. Ball dispersion and distance was just so damn consistent compared to every thing else. The feel off the face, just wow.

Since June 14th, 2018, I have owned the 34" ER8.

I'm a stats fanatic, I track everything.

I reset all my stats every year. 

My average putts per hole per year;

2016 = 2.0

2017 = 1.9

2018 = 1.8 (Evnroll purchased half way through season)

2019 = 1.6 (18 rounds so far)

Love it

• 1 month later...

Any thoughts on the "Gravity Grip"?

gravity_grip_black_800x800.jpg

Edit:  Nevermind, I found it on my expert resource !   

https://mygolfspy.com/tested-evnroll-gravity-grip/

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Any thoughts on the "Gravity Grip"?

gravity_grip_black_800x800.jpg

Edit:  Nevermind, I found it on my expert resource !   

https://mygolfspy.com/tested-evnroll-gravity-grip/

There are some reviews on the forum as well.  I think jlukes stopped using the grip.   I have tried it but don't have any gamer experience.   I think the review on the main site is pretty accurate.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

38 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There are some reviews on the forum as well.  I think jlukes stopped using the grip.   I have tried it but don't have any gamer experience.   I think the review on the main site is pretty accurate.  

I had some points to spend on Amazon and it only ending up costing me $13.00 bucks so not so afraid to take the leap. 

Cleveland

I gamed the Gravity Grip for 5+ months and finally took it off. Personally, I couldn't feel the putter head through the stroke with the 120g putter grip and 355g head. The grip itself feels great (I still think the best grip out there for my setup is the Ping PP61) but it was too heavy. If I had a 370g head at 35.5" with the gravity grip, then maybe I would've kept the grip on the ER5. I tried to add lead tape (14g) to the putter head and by that time, the overall weight of the putter was getting heavy but the feel for the head wasn't where I wanted it. I recently removed the GG in favor of a SS Pistol GT 2.0 that comes in closer to 60g. I have the feeling back in the head and I roll the ball just as well. I think the GG is great for counter balancing a putter but it won't do you any good if the head is too light. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

18 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I gamed the Gravity Grip for 5+ months and finally took it off. Personally, I couldn't feel the putter head through the stroke with the 120g putter grip and 355g head. The grip itself feels great (I still think the best grip out there for my setup is the Ping PP61) but it was too heavy. If I had a 370g head at 35.5" with the gravity grip, then maybe I would've kept the grip on the ER5. I tried to add lead tape (14g) to the putter head and by that time, the overall weight of the putter was getting heavy but the feel for the head wasn't where I wanted it. I recently removed the GG in favor of a SS Pistol GT 2.0 that comes in closer to 60g. I have the feeling back in the head and I roll the ball just as well. I think the GG is great for counter balancing a putter but it won't do you any good if the head is too light. 

I have the SS Pistol GT 2.0  on my TA #3 and it feels awesome.   

Cleveland

Ive used one and compared it to the Scotty and few other high quality milled putters. It feels better than in insert scotty but its the same as every other milled putter out there. Nothing groundbreaking. same head shapes, same look at address, same weight and feel.  Its very nice but nothing different

Golf is cool

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm getting a new putter in the near future:

61854195_894502544226511_566259805428528

https://www.instagram.com/p/By8pd4jl_-q/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, yungkory said:

Guess I'm getting a new putter in the near future:

61854195_894502544226511_566259805428528

https://www.instagram.com/p/By8pd4jl_-q/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

My ER2 is still firmly entrenched in my bag. Absolutely love it!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX