TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll Putters

Jhigdon13

When you look at someone like Tiger's magical putter, yes, he hits it in the same spot time after time. There's a sense of consistency when that ball leaves the putter face and he knows exactly the distance it will travel and the initial line the ball will take. He also putts on some of the best surfaces in the world. 

Last I checked, there's not a PGA or mini-tour guy on this board. We are weekend warriors that play on public/semi-public/private courses that are no where near the quality you see on TV. Most of the members on any golf site can't break 80. Heck, a good majority can't break 90. With that being said, grooves have been proven to be beneficial on various tests performed by this site. Last I checked, the ONLY time a non-grooved putter won the most wanted was back in the 2015 blade putter category with the Carbon Ringo. In fact, a non-grooved Scottys and Bettinardis rarely finish in the top 5. The FIT Betti has provided decent results and every now and then a SC mallet will perform near the top, but neither have won. If you want consistent roll from you putter and you're not on TV or put on carpet for greens, then grooves are going to work in your favor. Give it a shot on the course, not a turf practice area at your local golf shop. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 2 months later...

I have a black ER5.  Love it.  

Has anyone filled in the alignment holes with white paint?  In certain light, I can't really see them.  Just looking for where to get and how to paint the holes? 

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

3 wood - TM M3 17 deg (set to 15.5 deg and 3 deg open) GD DI 7x

3 Hybrid - TM rocketballz Accra Dymatch S165, 68g, M5 flex (XS)

Irons  (4-5) - Srixon 585s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Irons (6-W) - Srixon 785s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Wedges (51, 56, 60) - Cleveland RTX4 Nippon Modus 125 Wedge Flex

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

• 4 weeks later...

I got to try the 1.2 blade in the store the other day.  Felt really nice off the face and did seem to roll better on mishits.  I didn't like the finish though, something about the shape was off to me.  I'll have to wait until I can see one in the black finish until I can see if it will be worth seeing if the Scotty gets kicked out of the bag.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I've tried EVNROLL putters every store I see them and have intentionally hit the ball off the toe, heel and center.  My understanding is that the ball should get the same amount of roll... but I must be missing something.  

I wish there was a way to rent/demo one for a round or two.  I'm sure it must be much different on course.  

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I've tried EVNROLL putters every store I see them and have intentionally hit the ball off the toe, heel and center.  My understanding is that the ball should get the same amount of roll... but I must be missing something.  
I wish there was a way to rent/demo one for a round or two.  I'm sure it must be much different on course.  

What are you missing? I am guessing you aren’t seeing that effect when you roll a putt. My question would be how did you control the clubs speed to ensure everything was the same for the various strikes.

I saw a ping video That I can’t find anymore that showed the ball speed numbers for their face and confirmed it worked. Since there is less face in the center, you get less energy transferred to the ball thus less distance. As move away from the center there is more face thus faster ball speeds. This makes ball speed more consistent across the face. If you go to toe and heel extremes you are probably out of luck due to twisting of the face.

I find that the effect is the same indoors and outdoors and has nothing to do with grass vs. fake turf.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I found the milling to be too aggressive on the course, it seemed like I needed to hit the ball harder than most insert putters on long lag putts (50'+). I do play courses with slow to average speed greens, so that likely didn't help. But the main advantage of milled putters is more consistent and firmer feel than inserts which I found lacking. I did limited testing with a Cleveland HB SOFT and preferred the firmer feel of that head/milling pattern. 

I believe the grooves provide more lift on the ball as well, the putters come stock with 1 or 2 degrees of loft. I had the loft adjusted up to match most other putters in the 3-4 degree range and the ball appeared to be bouncing off the face and distance control became a challenge. It was a hard decision to sell the only putter I made eagle with but I never felt truly comfortable (didn't like the alignment line and dots) with it and the Shot Scope stats didn't support it. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I have tried evnroll putters. I am most interested in the gravity grip and want to just try that on my current putter. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 2/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, BMart519 said:

I found the milling to be too aggressive on the course, it seemed like I needed to hit the ball harder than most insert putters on long lag putts (50'+). I do play courses with slow to average speed greens, so that likely didn't help. But the main advantage of milled putters is more consistent and firmer feel than inserts which I found lacking. I did limited testing with a Cleveland HB SOFT and preferred the firmer feel of that head/milling pattern. 

I believe the grooves provide more lift on the ball as well, the putters come stock with 1 or 2 degrees of loft. I had the loft adjusted up to match most other putters in the 3-4 degree range and the ball appeared to be bouncing off the face and distance control became a challenge. It was a hard decision to sell the only putter I made eagle with but I never felt truly comfortable (didn't like the alignment line and dots) with it and the Shot Scope stats didn't support it. 

You definitely need to hit the ball harder with the Evnroll vs. a standard mill putter. I can even notice the difference on my 10 foot indoor putting mat. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Interesting, I've had the exact opposite effect. I feel like my ER2, definitely firmer feeling than my Spider X, goes further with the same amount of input from me.

How heavy are your other putters? I've read that the heavier it is, and the higher the swingweight, the more you will struggle with distance control on long putts. Maybe that's it? I think Evnroll builds their putters to higher than average swingweights too?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Interesting, I've had the exact opposite effect. I feel like my ER2, definitely firmer feeling than my Spider X, goes further with the same amount of input from me.

How heavy are your other putters? I've read that the heavier it is, and the higher the swingweight, the more you will struggle with distance control on long putts. Maybe that's it? I think Evnroll builds their putters to higher than average swingweights too?

My Evnroll is 385 grams at 32". My Scott Squareback 1 is 395 grams at 32". I also have a Bettinardi at 33" that is around 355 grams. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

15 hours ago, yungkory said:

The TM face has thin louvres cut on 45 degree angles which I believe are aluminum. At one point I believe they had some plastic or rubber between the grooves, but I'm not sure if that is still used. Either way, I would liken them to other insert putters which are inherently softer than milled. I have an older TM White Smoke putter with a Pure Roll insert and agree the EVNROLL is likely firmer. I prefer lighter putters and the 385g head in my EVNROLL was probably not helping the feel either. But that was the heaviest head I ever used, so didn't really notice the difference until testing on-course. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

*** Test ***

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

8 hours ago, Middler said:

*** Test ***

Looks like the Test landed right in the middle 🙂

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have er 1.2 with the stability shaft.    It is the best blade I have used.  I do not find that I have to hit it further.   Not sure if its is the grooves or not, but last season I definitely made more putts with it

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Another ER5 user here .. seems to be working well for me!

Someone mentioned "balanced" earlier and that was the exact word that hit me when I went into a store to try it out.

Very happy with its overall performance. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'll be putting an ER2B through a pressure test soon to see if it beats out my Newport for a spot in my bag.  I got to the PGASS before everything shut down and had some really good putts with one.  I made the last 4 out of 5 putts from a decent distance.  Not sure if that was the tech keeping it on line or if I just got in a groove... we shall see! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Last time I was on the course, I put the Evnroll ER 10 Outback back in the bag and it performed well, so it is staying in the bag. Distance control was good, just barely missed a few long putts. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I owned a ER2 twice! Loved everything about the looks  but I just couldn't putt with it. I never could seem to hit it hard enough to get the ball to the hole. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

12 hours ago, braincramp said:

I owned a ER2 twice! Loved everything about the looks  but I just couldn't putt with it. I never could seem to hit it hard enough to get the ball to the hole. 

That is one of the "tradeoffs" with grooves in the face especially EvnRoll.   Less material to contact the ball so lower ball speeds off the face. 

There’s a storm brewing in my bag...

FF9351BC-DDB6-4E90-B583-C65BAA9B06B0.thumb.jpg.a4959959428a6066f9c2d1500c71daab.jpgIMG_8899.thumb.jpg.5038c22923ec65bac5d754cfbfd16450.jpg

Time to see who wins the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/26/2019 at 7:26 AM, Jhigdon13 said:

Has anyone used an Evnroll putter? If so what did you think about it? I have done a fair amount of research on their groove technology and have been very impressed, but it’s obviously not a brand you hear about every day in the golf world. They seem legit but I’d love some feedback from people who have used them or owns one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1277.jpg

A couple years back I tested every single putter there was on the market. I spent every lunch break hours on the weekends and who knows how much time I spent researching. My conclusion was simple I am an amateur golfer and as such I should use everything I can within the rules to lower my score. I choose the EVNROLL ER 1.2 even though it was not the best sounding or feel. I put aside my pride and figured if I made more putts with a blow up doll then that is what I would use. I got 355g head and got a BGT stability shaft and I have left 3 putts for the most part in the dust. The technology is not going to make you hole more putts but it will reduce the 3 putting since you will be closer on your next putt. Side note I also have a TM spider X with the BGT stability shaft that is the same length and swing weight as the ER 1.2 because sometimes you just need a little change, but I always seem to come back to the EVNROLL. It is worth every penny and their pistol grip is the best putting grip I have ever found. I have the 100g grip with a 35g tour lock weight drilled into it. Scotty is alot like buying a BMW M6 for $120k and EVNROLL is like buying a Nissian GTR for $100K slightly less expensive but going to out perform the BMW everyday of the week.... Although MGS did just release the most wanted blade and the new select tied with EVNROLL for most wanted... 

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

On 4/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Brandon M said:

A couple years back I tested every single putter there was on the market. I spent every lunch break hours on the weekends and who knows how much time I spent researching. My conclusion was simple I am an amateur golfer and as such I should use everything I can within the rules to lower my score. I choose the EVNROLL ER 1.2 even though it was not the best sounding or feel. I put aside my pride and figured if I made more putts with a blow up doll then that is what I would use. I got 355g head and got a BGT stability shaft and I have left 3 putts for the most part in the dust. The technology is not going to make you hole more putts but it will reduce the 3 putting since you will be closer on your next putt. Side note I also have a TM spider X with the BGT stability shaft that is the same length and swing weight as the ER 1.2 because sometimes you just need a little change, but I always seem to come back to the EVNROLL. It is worth every penny and their pistol grip is the best putting grip I have ever found. I have the 100g grip with a 35g tour lock weight drilled into it. Scotty is alot like buying a BMW M6 for $120k and EVNROLL is like buying a Nissian GTR for $100K slightly less expensive but going to out perform the BMW everyday of the week.... Although MGS did just release the most wanted blade and the new select tied with EVNROLL for most wanted... 

I have the exact same set up with you. Evenrol 1.2 with stability shaft and spider x with stability shaft.  I too keep coming back to the evnroll.    It has definitely made me a better putter.  My distance control is amazing 

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

On 4/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Brandon M said:

I have the exact same set up with you. Evenrol 1.2 with stability shaft and spider x with stability shaft.  I too keep coming back to the evnroll.    It has definitely made me a better putter.  My distance control is amazing 

Edited by Hotdocta

16 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Great minds think a like!

1 hour ago, Brandon M said:

Great minds think a like!

I want the 1.2b or just send mine in to get it blacked out 

I’m putting an ER2B up against my Newport and after rolling the ER2 standard vs the black there is something special about that black finish.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_8899.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hotdocta said:

You can send it to labworx they do it for evnroll anyway