TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll Putters

Jhigdon13

4 hours ago, Brandon M said:

You can send it to labworx they do it for evnroll anyway

Really?  I am a fan of labworx.  Their finish seems to be the most durable.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

13 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Really?  I am a fan of labworx.  Their finish seems to be the most durable.

I had emailed EVNROLL a while back asking if there was a hidden black option for the 1.2 and they responded by saying no, but to contact labworx since they do all of the work for them anyway. I happen to live in TX where they are based, and made a call and they will convert it over. Although I decided to go a different route since the black does look cool the contrast jacks with me to much. But i am going to send my spider x to them and have the copper matched to the BGT blue thats in the shaft and I have the red and black one in the EVNROLL both with the Black EVNROLL pistol grip. I actually went to BGT for the shafts and did the master fitting with Blair which was probably one of the best and most fun golf experiences of my life. I choose the standard model because I have large hands (XL glove) and the bigger shaft of the standard vs. the tour made the grip the perfect size and feel..... I will post some pictures tonight in this thread and I was finally going to get around to doing a WITB as well since I made a couple of changes last week....

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Evnroll was started by the guy that used to make Rife putters I believe?  That face has been around for quite a while.  I used to have a blade Rife putter in my bag, maybe 15 years ago, but I can't remember what the model was.  

Wish Evnroll had more of a counterbalance selection.  You can customize a putter but are limited to 36" length and 370g head size in most models.  Grips are not really counterbalanced either.  Great looking putters though!

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

20 hours ago, Brandon M said:

You can send it to labworx they do it for evnroll anyway

Personally, this is one of the most-useful posts I've read in the few years that I've been on the MGS forums. This is also bad news for my wallet. I'm so bored, I can't stop window shopping online. SEND HELP.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I've had an ER2 for several years but I am thinking I'd be even more comfortable with a mallet. I just can't decide whether to buy an ER5B or an Outback. I've tried both briefly at a PGA Superstore but there was no obvious difference between them, and I'm not sure putting on (fast) carpet in a store tells me the whole story. Before Covid-19 I even considered flying out to Carlsbad for a fitting at Evnroll, but I could buy both putters for less...so I continue to procrastinate ponder.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Personally, this is one of the most-useful posts I've read in the few years that I've been on the MGS forums. This is also bad news for my wallet. I'm so bored, I can't stop window shopping online. SEND HELP.

Seriously. I can’t stop looking. My bag is rounding out to be much more different than I was expecting going into the year.

Almost time for a WITB update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

I've had an ER2 for several years but I am thinking I'd be even more comfortable with a mallet. I just can't decide whether to buy an ER5B or an Outback. I've tried both briefly at a PGA Superstore but there was no obvious difference between them, and I'm not sure putting on carpet in a store tells me the whole story. Before Covid-19 I even considered flying out to Carlsbad for a fitting at Evnroll, but I could buy both putters for less...so I continue to procrastinate ponder.

Same, I'm supposed to go to Truespec and Evnroll this October but not sure if that's going to happen anymore...

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Yah tell me about lol... I’ve been doing so much eBay bidding and window shopping... but helps pass the time

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

17 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Seriously. I can’t stop looking. My bag is rounding out to be much more different than I was expecting going into the year.

Almost time for a WITB update. emoji106.png

With ya there.  In the off season I decided to thin down my "decoy" bag from the closet and sell some stuff.  Well, at this point after selling a couple wedges, two putters and a 3w I still have more clubs in it than at the end of last season.  Yikes.

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

With ya there.  In the off season I decided to thin down my "decoy" bag from the closet and sell some stuff.  Well, at this point after selling a couple wedges, two putters and a 3w I still have more clubs in it than at the end of last season.  Yikes.

The evnroll was not something I was expecting to end up dueling for a spot in my bag. But it’s looking more and more like my Newport is on its way out.

I was due for new new wedges, wanted to update the hybrid, and wanted to upgrade the driver... I just wasn’t expecting to have that all done before I played a round in 2020.

And now I feel like I need to get a fresh bag.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I bought an evnroll ER5B halfway through last season and really really want to love it. I do see the help I get from the milling pattern but it just doesn't feel comfortable in my hands. At first it felt too head heavy so I have been playing around with extra counterbalancing but then it just feels to heavy overall for me. For now, it has been put to the side for a Newport 3 and I may need to try out some of their smaller headed models once stores are open again.

9* Epic Max LS 9* ADDI 6X

3W F9 ADDI 7X / 2i MP20 HMB AD DI 85S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5-PW MCC) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4

New putter each round until I stop sucking

Srixon Zstar Yellow

I'm on my 2nd Evnroll.  First was an ER7 and most recently was fitted to a murdered ER2.  They are awesome.  I won't go anywhere else for now. 

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

2 minutes ago, 70445 said:

Are any of the putters face balanced to suit a SB stroke?  Straight back and through?

ER6 is about 12 degrees toe down and I am pretty sure the ER10 is face balanced.     Several are in the 20-25 degree range.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would be on my second evnroll if they would out a short slant neck on one of the mallets-  preferably er7 lol

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I like the idea of Evnroll but the problem is there is not a fitter in my area.  Wish they were in more stores so that I could try them out.  

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

I have played over 15 years playing the same custom fit putter.  It is toe up balanced.  I love using it.  I read about the Evnroll putters here on Mgs and the face tech was a must try.  I bought an Er3 without a fitting.  After about 30 rounds I contacted my custom putters maker.  I asked him to build me a new putter using the Er3 head.  Well to say the least it was a lot to ask and when it came back I hated the way it looked.   

I still wanted to try Evnroll.  I loved the tech of the face and the feel.  I just have played a toe up putter for so ling.  I contacted Evnroll and asked if I could get them to mill my putters face for a price.  Guerin Rife wrote me back and very nicely told NO.  

I bought an ER 8.3 because I loved the look, again I didn't get fit.  The ER 8.3 has been in my bag for about 30 rounds .  I LOVE the look at set up and the way it feels.  I have practiced about 100 hours and tried several different stances and setups.  I have such an ingrained feel for my toe up balanced custom putter I made the decision to switch back to the only putter I ever was fitted to.

After paying about $650 on Evnroll putters I can only conclude they are great putters but at $360 each you are a fool to buy one without being professionally fit!!!

Buying putters without fitting is a constant expense unless you either get lucky or don't mind missing putts!!!

GET FIT

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I have played over 15 years playing the same custom fit putter.  It is toe up balanced.  I love using it.  I read about the Evnroll putters here on Mgs and the face tech was a must try.  I bought an Er3 without a fitting.  After about 30 rounds I contacted my custom putters maker.  I asked him to build me a new putter using the Er3 head.  Well to say the least it was a lot to ask and when it came back I hated the way it looked.   
I still wanted to try Evnroll.  I loved the tech of the face and the feel.  I just have played a toe up putter for so ling.  I contacted Evnroll and asked if I could get them to mill my putters face for a price.  Guerin Rife wrote me back and very nicely told NO.  
I bought an ER 8.3 because I loved the look, again I didn't get fit.  The ER 8.3 has been in my bag for about 30 rounds .  I LOVE the look at set up and the way it feels.  I have practiced about 100 hours and tried several different stances and setups.  I have such an ingrained feel for my toe up balanced custom putter I made the decision to switch back to the only putter I ever was fitted to.

After paying about $650 on Evnroll putters I can only conclude they are great putters but at $360 each you are a fool to buy one without being professionally fit!!!
Buying putters without fitting is a constant expense unless you either get lucky or don't mind missing putts!!!

GET FIT

Great point. Any putter should be fit to the player. Evnroll is about the face milling to help equalize
distance on mishits. It the putter doesn’t fit your stroke you will still struggle with your putting. I am a firm believer that the grooves work, but you still need to select the right model.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You also need to consider loft when transitioning to EVNROLL if you are used to playing plain milled faces, you can reduce loft by 1-2 degrees and still get adequate lift with EVNROLL. I had one adjusted to 4 degrees and it turned into a chipper 🙂 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I have a beautiful ER 8.3 available 34" with a gravity grip.  Make me an offer and it is yours. 

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I’ve got the ER10 Outback in the bag and love it. Some will hate the look because it’s a huge mallet, but I’ve never had a putter that better shows the line.  All I have to do is focus on distance since it’s so easy to start the ball on line.  Still have good and bad days with the putter, but had 24 putts Saturday due to my confidence with the ER10 and their technology. 

Since Evnroll first came out I’ve gamed the ER5, ER2, ER8 and am now getting ready to put a recently acquired ER1.2 in play (if warm weather ever comes to Upstate NY!). When struck on the sweet spot, it feels more responsive to me than any of the aforementioned. Looking forward to see how it performs on real grass!
On getting fit: Real club fitters are few and far between in my neck of the woods if they exist at all.
One day, I went into the Golf Galaxy and asked the two guys standing near the putter area and asked them how to get fit for a putter. They looked a bit puzzled so I said “ You know...length, lie, loft...”  one of the guys said “Oh, It’s whatever’s comfortable” then the other guy said “ Yea, whatever’s comfortable”  That was it...! The GG instant putter fitting! What a concept! 😝

Since Evnroll first came out I’ve gamed the ER5, ER2, ER8 and am now getting ready to put a recently acquired ER1.2 in play (if warm weather ever comes to Upstate NY!). When struck on the sweet spot, it feels more responsive to me than any of the aforementioned. Looking forward to see how it performs on real grass!
On getting fit: Real club fitters are few and far between in my neck of the woods if they exist at all.
One day, I went into the Golf Galaxy and asked the two guys standing near the putter area and asked them how to get fit for a putter. They looked a bit puzzled so I said “ You know...length, lie, loft...”  one of the guys said “Oh, It’s whatever’s comfortable” then the other guy said “ Yea, whatever’s comfortable”  That was it...! The GG instant putter fitting! What a concept!

Yikes! Haha I had a putter fitting last year. It was awesome to see my path and face and loft changing as we tried different things even if they were all “comfortable” in some way or another.

I can only imagine...! One problem I can see... if I get fitted and find “the one”, buying and selling putter after putter trying to find “the one” will stop. This behavior has become an obsession that I find kind of fun! Kind of like a hobby! 

Naaaa you just know how to order your next one!

That’s why I have this battle going on right now:59164911-3C2E-40FC-BCFE-E13938C90C64.jpg

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Yikes! Haha I had a putter fitting last year. It was awesome to see my path and face and loft changing as we tried different things even if they were all “comfortable” in some way or another.

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Naaaa you just know how to order your next one!

That’s why I have this battle going on right now:59164911-3C2E-40FC-BCFE-E13938C90C64.jpg

Nice! I’ve got a older gun-metal Newport...one of the few I leave out of the sales! 

Edited by JohnnyH

Nice! 
Nice! I’ve got a older gun-metal Newport...one of the few I leave out of the sales! 

It’s funny. I really like the clean top line of the Newport, but also like the alignment and dots on the evnroll.

I like that both of them have softer lines and rounded bumpers compared to the Newport 2 style Ansers. 7D0F2111-AD25-488B-A4BE-BE4F7B15D300.jpg

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It’s funny. I really like the clean top line of the Newport, but also like the alignment and dots on the evnroll.

I like that both of them have softer lines and rounded bumpers compared to the Newport 2 style Ansers. 7D0F2111-AD25-488B-A4BE-BE4F7B15D300.jpg

Yes, always have preferred the original Anser style over the Anser2/Newport2. I think that’s why I’m liking the ER1.2 a lot.

Yes, always have preferred the original Anser style over the Anser2/Newport2. I think that’s why I’m liking the ER1.2 a lot.

When I played with the 1.2 in the store it seemed really long to me. But I’m wondering if it’s just because it was the light finish. The ER2B is basically the same size as my newport from heel to toe.

Do you know if it is really longer? Or was it just optics?

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

When I played with the 1.2 in the store it seemed really long to me. But I’m wondering if it’s just because it was the light finish. The ER2B is basically the same size as my newport from heel to toe.

Do you know if it is really longer? Or was it just optics?

Just measured the ER1.2...4 1/2 “ long across the face..my 1996-7 Newport is 4 3/8”. Don’t own the ER2 anymore to measure.