Jhigdon13

Evnroll Putters

23 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I spent a week on vacation but came back to a couple of dots of patina/rust on the topline of my ER2.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday, but has anyone else had this problem?? 

*I don't recall putting the head cover back on with any water on the putter, but the rust is making me think otherwise.

If you don't already, buy a gun cleaning cloth (I use the Hoppe's No. 9) and wipe your putter down periodically. Remove any excess with a dry microfiber towel and it should look good for a long time. I do this with my Scotty and it still looks like new after 2 years of regular use.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

If you don't already, buy a gun cleaning cloth (I use the Hoppe's No. 9) and wipe your putter down periodically. Remove any excess with a dry microfiber towel and it should look good for a long time. I do this with my Scotty and it still looks like new after 2 years of regular use.

That's a great idea.  Thankfully we have a few of those laying around.  ER2 will be back to new very soon!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

That's a great idea.  Thankfully we have a few of those laying around.  ER2 will be back to new very soon!

Glad I could help. If you know you're going to be away from your sticks for a while you could even leave some of that excess on, it's not going to hurt anything.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Glad I could help. If you know you're going to be away from your sticks for a while you could even leave some of that excess on, it's not going to hurt anything.

I'm in Florida on vacation and I will be sure to wipe my ER5  down when I return home!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:37 AM, JohnSmalls said:

I spent a week on vacation but came back to a couple of dots of patina/rust on the topline of my ER2.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday, but has anyone else had this problem?? 

*I don't recall putting the head cover back on with any water on the putter, but the rust is making me think otherwise.

Found this pretty interesting, maybe why some of the other manufacturers use paint of different finishes on their heads.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jayjay0808 said:

Found this pretty interesting, maybe why some of the other manufacturers use paint of different finishes on their heads.

Correct. It's also why you see aluminum used (as well as for mass property/CG movement). Though aluminium won't rust it still is subject to corrosion in the form of oxidation which is why I use the gun cleaning cloth on my 6m.

For a multi-piece/multi-material constructed putter (I know EVNROLL doesn't currently offer any) I like my current method of care. I use a tooth brush with soap and water to clean all the nooks and crannies, blow dry with compressed air, then finish with the cleaning cloth.

I do this maybe every one or two months depending on use, course/weather conditions I've played in, etc.. Frequency of cleaning definitely picks up during spring and fall when there is often moisture on the ground and greens are being aerated.

• Like 1

I gamed an ER5 for a solid 6 months (longest time to own a putter for this putter ho in three years) and really enjoyed 90% of the putter. The 10% I hated was the sound at impact and the head weight was too light. I was running out of space on the sole of the ER5 to add more lead tape and so I sold it and picked up a Toulon Las Vegas. Toulon's putter face is designed more for sound than roll. There's a great podcast with Sean Toulon about how they got their first round of putters in the hands of Loren Roberts and his biggest critique was the sound at impact didn't match how far the ball traveled on the greens. They tweaked the putter face to match roll and sound. However, they aren't the most forgiving putters and the stroke lab shaft felt weird so it was quickly out of the bag. 

I wanted to find an Evnroll but didn't want another 355g flatstick with a heavier/counterweight grip.

Solution to weight issue and impact sound: ER6. 

I picked up an ER6 an extra weight to change the putter head weight from 355g to 370g. The sound at impact is much more solid than the ER2 or ER5. I feel the ball travels the distance I expect with the stroke I put on the ball and the ability to change head weights depending on the grip and green speed is a plus. If you think the alignment is busy, then just black out the alignment lines accordingly. Use a dry erase marker at first to see what you like without it being permanent. 

• Like 3

My 'just delivered' ER2B...😀

My 2 ER1.2's, ER2.2 and ER5B welcome you!!

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 1.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 2.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 3.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 4.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 5.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tarrantian said:

My 'just delivered' ER2B...😀

My 2 ER1.2's, ER2.2 and ER5B welcome you!!

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 1.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 2.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 3.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 4.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B MIDBLADE PUTTER 5.jpg

I like your style!

• Like 2

Just sayin’ the Tommy Armour Impact #3 beat out the Evnroll ER6 in my House........my ER6 is just gathering dust in my closet.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:08 AM, fozcycle said:

Just sayin’ the Tommy Armour Impact #3 beat out the Evnroll ER6 in my House........my ER6 is just gathering dust in my closet.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That’s funny Foz, Tommy just went back in my bag. And the ER3 is still crying in the back of my truck...

I painted a skinny silver stripe across the top right above the face, so I can see it just a little better at aiming time

After 3 devoted fanboy years with my ER2, I’ve been cheating on her with a Ping Sigma2 Tyne4 for over a month. Haven’t been caught yet...

As much as I loved the ER2 for distance control and looks/quality, I’d lost consistency on alignment. And I was too cheap to buy an Evnroll mallet even though that’s what I wanted to try. I just can’t bring myself to spend $419 (ER5B) on any putter sight unseen, and it’s hard to find Evnrolls at retail, especially since we moved to a smaller metro.

Edited by Middler

after all the hype I've seen on these putters a local place started stocking- eagerly went up last week to try and was gutted with the feel and sound from all that I tried. Just not for me, pity. On a plus point I've saved a lot of money though 🙂

• Like 2

Evnroll putters are great putters. That being said, I do not make anymore puts than I do with any other putter. I think they are highly touted here because of the "roll tech/grooves". If it made that much of a difference, I swear to you, more college and pro players would use them (as they all test extensively). I promise you, if it saved a stroke a round or even .5 strokes around, they'd be using them. It MIGHT help save you a stoke a round or more...who knows? You have to try it - they aren't better putters than SC, Bettinardi, Odyssey, TM, or Ping though IMO. I believe SIK putters are better than Evnroll putters - I've hit both and those are my opinions. I prefer a SC to them all based on looks, feel, and roll the putters put on the ball. I am not a SC fanboy, I never liked them until I did extensive testing. Play what's best for you, but don't buy the hype of all the tech - though it may help minimally, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Read this great article by a great putter maker (Cure Putters):

https://cureputters.com/blogs/news 

specifically read the sept 30th blog and august 25th blog. NO I do not work for Cure, just tired of false claims of putters making you a better putter. Enjoy the read!

Evnroll putters are great putters. That being said, I do not make anymore puts than I do with any other putter. I think they are highly touted here because of the "roll tech/grooves". If it made that much of a difference, I swear to you, more college and pro players would use them (as they all test extensively). I promise you, if it saved a stroke a round or even .5 strokes around, they'd be using them. It MIGHT help save you a stoke a round or more...who knows? You have to try it - they aren't better putters than SC, Bettinardi, Odyssey, TM, or Ping though IMO. I believe SIK putters are better than Evnroll putters - I've hit both and those are my opinions. I prefer a SC to them all based on looks, feel, and roll the putters put on the ball. I am not a SC fanboy, I never liked them until I did extensive testing. Play what's best for you, but don't buy the hype of all the tech - though it may help minimally, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Read this great article by a great putter maker (Cure Putters):

specifically read the sept 30th blog and august 25th blog. NO I do not work for Cure, just tired of false claims of putters making you a better putter. Enjoy the read!

Would love to hear details on your extensive testing to include protocols and the results.

As for your post, there has been testing to show that ball speed is reduced in center contact with Evnroll type grooves. Given a consistent putting stroke the grooves do work as advertised. As described in the Cure blog MOI is another way to control ball speed on off center hits. Pros vary in their extensive testing and those that do have trained themselves to know how far a ball rolls for a particular stroke; Evnroll type grooves change that feeling for the player making it a difficult transition.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Eric Cartmenez said:

Pelz has a two page spread of pictures of putter faces with impact tape after 10 or 20 putts of tour pros all the way to high handicappers.  The pros impact area was 5% of the area of the high handicappers.  If you can hit the same spot every single time, the grooves aren't going to be that helpful, especially if you have hit more putts in the last year than most of us have hit in a lifetime.

However, it doesn't take too long before that impact zone really starts to spread.  These weekend warriors are the players that will see the most benefit from the EVNROLL.  

I do not work for EVNROLL, nor do I own one.  But I have held one at the store and I slept in my own bed last night.

• Like 4

On 4/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Try the tommy armor...😉

I just benched my evnroll for tommy

And saved $300+ doing it too.

• Like 1