Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

On course Strategery

Shankster

As my season is about to start, I’ve been reflecting on how terrible my golf game really is.

My Par 5 scoring is not good.

My Par 4 scoring is decent.

My Par 3 scoring is real bad. Real bad!

I am looking to improve my game a lot this year for many different reasons.

But if I look at the above. The par 3 scoring should be much, much better since the iron game is my favorite part aside from the wedges.

Par 4 scoring only slightly better than the other two in reality. And that’s usually when I have an iron off the tee.

I really don’t like Par 5’s, not sure what it is but they are boring, at least the ones here.

I am a go for it type of guy, so I’ll go flag hunting on Par 3’s, and go for them in 2 if I can on Par 5’s.

This year I am going to try a more conservative route and see how it effects my game.

Yes, there are many threads like this one, but it’s fresh in my head.

What’s yer Strategery?

IMG_5178.JPG.6c288c8a7d73737587ae26b109687ae1.JPG

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what "Strategery" is or even "stategery", but my strategy is to always put the ball in the middle of the green.  I'm not good enough to go flag hunting.  I can't get to par 5's in 2 shots, but I will always try to get as close as I can.  I like pitch shots over full shots.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lifted from a Golf Sidekick YouTube video -- I had a few simple thoughts going through my head during my first round of the year Sunday:

1) Setup my shot play so that a good shot is good, and your miss is OK. For me this meant playing for a small draw and leaving myself below holes so that I had uphill chips or putts.

2) Be committed to the shot I was playing. 

3) Each shot is its own game, with prior shots having no impact (other than getting you to where you were) on the next. Objective of each shot is to find the best way to get the ball in the hole in fewest strokes.

Seemed to help a lot. Played really well, and minus two bad chips and two horrible putts I would have been flirting with 40 over the nine holes.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I'm with Kenny B on this one.  My strategy this year is aim for the middle of the green every time.  Pin in front I go middle, pin in back I go middle.  I played 15 holes yesterday and it worked fairly well but lead to a lot of 3 jacks.  

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I don't know what "Strategery" is or even "stategery", but my strategy is to always put the ball in the middle of the green.  I'm not good enough to go flag hunting.  I can't get to par 5's in 2 shots, but I will always try to get as close as I can.  I like pitch shots over full shots.

IMG_5177.PNG

One of my favorite words. Just trying to take the strategy out of strategery.

IMG_5177.PNG.8d814d6f181a217cbad78a6e2fa8449c.PNG

One of my favorite words. Just trying to take the strategy out of strategery.

Was used by Will Ferrell when he played “George W Bush” on Saturday Night Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'm with Kenny B on this one.  My strategy this year is aim for the middle of the green every time.  Pin in front I go middle, pin in back I go middle.  I played 15 holes yesterday and it worked fairly well but lead to a lot of 3 jacks.  

I need to work on my putting. If I played to the middle of every green, I'd be three putting all over the place. I feel a lot more comfortable trying for uphill putts, or even uphill chips.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

My strategic play usually ends up in hitting from the trees anyway, however comma....I used to play long and wrong, but have learned to swing more within myself and accept that I don't have the distances that I used to have.  I'm also a center of the green player rather than seeking the pin when it's in a tougher location.  I try to avoid leaving myself those short pitch shots, preferring to layup to my preferred yardage or full iron shots if I know I can't reach the green.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’m going to use my Shot Scope watch numbers for my shots. I may use a laser to get accurate distances to a front bunker, or water, but I’m going to stick with the numbers the watch shows. The greens where I play aren’t very big, so aiming for the center most often will work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I suppose my "strategery" depends a lot on the size of the greens and the amount of slope.  Greens are my course are not the big compared to ones I see at some of the resorts that I have played.  Since they aren't that big, I do tend to miss them quite a bit.  I also practice putting a lot and rarely 3-putt, so my "strategery" works for me.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, edingc said:

I need to work on my putting. If I played to the middle of every green, I'd be three putting all over the place. I feel a lot more comfortable trying for uphill putts, or even uphill chips.

My 3 putts were more a function of me playing greens that were like shag carpet.  If I aim for the middle every time I should miss my spot enough to get close to the hole.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I will say that I take calculated risks and try to make the next shot as easy as possible.  That doesn't always mean going for it on a par 5.  Shanks, your par 3 scoring is it because of a poor chip or 3 putts?  My goal on most par 3's is to make par.  unless it is under 150 yards 3 is usually a good score.  And another thing to remember is just because it is a par 5 doesn't mean you have to hit driver.  If its 3 shots for you or you can keep other clubs in play why bring trouble into play.  Remember the scorecard is for your score, not the story of how you got there. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

On this topic I will say I am going to pay for a statistics service from Go To Caddie this summer.  I believe its $40 a month and starting in May when I have tournaments I will start doing this just to see if there is something I am missing.  

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I will say that I take calculated risks and try to make the next shot as easy as possible.  That doesn't always mean going for it on a par 5.  Shanks, your par 3 scoring is it because of a poor chip or 3 putts?  My goal on most par 3's is to make par.  unless it is under 150 yards 3 is usually a good score.  And another thing to remember is just because it is a par 5 doesn't mean you have to hit driver.  If its 3 shots for you or you can keep other clubs in play why bring trouble into play.  Remember the scorecard is for your score, not the story of how you got there. 

Yeah my putting is atrocious. I haven’t really enjoyed that part of the game so I hardly practice it.

I have my first round planned out as what I am going to hit off the tee, and for the most part what I’ll be hitting into the green. It is still a ways out but we’ll see how my Strategery works.

Anytime a scratch or better golfer has a comment, I pay attention.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah my putting is atrocious. I haven’t really enjoyed that part of the game so I hardly practice it.

I have my first round planned out as what I am going to hit off the tee, and for the most part what I’ll be hitting into the green. It is still a ways out but we’ll see how my Strategery works.

You remind me of, well... me many years ago, except I think you are a much better player over all than I was.  

I was a terrible putter, and I didn't like to work on that part of my game because of it.  I focused on straightening out my shots instead.  As I got older and lost distance, I had to change up my strategery because I wanted to score better.  I focused all my practice time on short game, and my handicap dropped.

It would be interesting to see what you think of putting in 30 years or so, but I won't be here to find out.  lol

You remind me of, well... me many years ago, except I think you are a much better player over all than I was.  
I was a terrible putter, and I didn't like to work on that part of my game because of it.  I focused on straightening out my shots instead.  As I got older and lost distance, I had to change up my strategery because I wanted to score better.  I focused all my practice time on short game, and my handicap dropped.
It would be interesting to see what you think of putting in 30 years or so, but I won't be here to find out.  lol

You’d think I would learn after the last 5 years of wanting to chuck my putter into the trees, lake, swamp after missing a 3 foot birdie putt... over and over.

I don’t think I’ll be able to stand upright in 30 years. Knees, back, neck, shoulder, now a hip issue... but I’ll let you know at some point how it went.

And to top it off if I’ve read the anchoring rule right, I’m going to have to change as I have my forearms, well more like elbows glued to my sides. Any rules guru’s confirm that?

Maybe that change will help?...

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Lifted from a Golf Sidekick YouTube video -- I had a few simple thoughts going through my head during my first round of the year Sunday:

1) Setup my shot play so that a good shot is good, and your miss is OK. For me this meant playing for a small draw and leaving myself below holes so that I had uphill chips or putts.

2) Be committed to the shot I was playing. 

3) Each shot is its own game, with prior shots having no impact (other than getting you to where you were) on the next. Objective of each shot is to find the best way to get the ball in the hole in fewest strokes.

Seemed to help a lot. Played really well, and minus two bad chips and two horrible putts I would have been flirting with 40 over the nine holes.

I really have enjoyed the Golf Sidekick videos as he breaks down course strategy in a digest-able manner. I plan on implementing some of his thoughts into my game-plan, specifically only choosing a shot you know that you can execute and fully committing to that shot. 

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

37 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You’d think I would learn after the last 5 years of wanting to chuck my putter into the trees, lake, swamp after missing a 3 foot birdie putt... over and over.

I don’t think I’ll be able to stand upright in 30 years. Knees, back, neck, shoulder, now a hip issue... but I’ll let you know at some point how it went. emoji6.png

And to top it off if I’ve read the anchoring rule right, I’m going to have to change as I have my forearms, well more like elbows glued to my sides. Any rules guru’s confirm that?

Shanks, I would do one of two things.  1 - go get a putter fitting or 2 - go get a putting lesson.  You will enjoy the game more and it would be worth it in my mind to do one of those two things.  The game is a lot more fun when you are making 3' putts.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Shanks, I would do one of two things.  1 - go get a putter fitting or 2 - go get a putting lesson.  You will enjoy the game more and it would be worth it in my mind to do one of those two things.  The game is a lot more fun when you are making 3' putts.

Yeah I know. A full bag fitting is in order, and depending on my new work schedule probably some lessons.

19 minutes ago, palvord said:

I really have enjoyed the Golf Sidekick videos as he breaks down course strategy in a digest-able manner. I plan on implementing some of his thoughts into my game-plan, specifically only choosing a shot you know that you can execute and fully committing to that shot. 

Tried googling golf sidekick YouTube and noting came up - at least not on the first page. Does he go by a different name 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

MY strategy? Swing hard in case you hit something. Otherwise it's play to my strengths. If I'm on a good putting day I don;t have to take as many risks when it comes to irons.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Tried googling golf sidekick YouTube and noting came up - at least not on the first page. Does he go by a different name

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaeGjmOiTxekbGUDPKhoU-A

Here is his channel.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

Start from the green and work back - what part of the green will it be easiest for me to fit my shot into, where do I need to be in order to take that shot and how do I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Stat Tracking for me has lead to much better course management. Using Arccos has given me real life data to apply to managing the course. Overall my strategy hasn't changed a lot but knowing what I do from different areas of the course allows me to not only have a better game plan but also confidence to execute it.  

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

My stratergery this year is 2 fold:

1) Limit blow up holes, hit a bad shot, forget it and make the next shot a good recovery shot and only give up one stroke vs what I do now and try to make a miracle shot happen and it never does

2) Miss small - If I am not 100% I can make the shot minimize the miss and better improve my chances on the next shot. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to stand upright in 30 years. Knees, back, neck, shoulder, now a hip issue... but I’ll let you know at some point how it went. emoji6.png

I think you are OK with elbows glued to your sides.  Check out the two strokes in the "permitted" stroke section.

http://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/images/infographics/2016-anchoring-the-club-final.pdf

Not a rules guru... that would be @DaveP043.

23 minutes ago, edingc said:

got it thx 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I think you are OK with elbows glued to your sides.  Check out the two strokes in the "permitted" stroke section.
http://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/images/infographics/2016-anchoring-the-club-final.pdf
Not a rules guru... that would be [mention=53160]DaveP043[/mention].

I actually looked at this recently. As long as your hands are together you can put your arms against your sides. If you split you hands you are not allowed too.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived