TESTERS WANTED! ×

Thinking about getting a GCquad

Ok Spies looking for some advice.  Been saving for a real launch monitor for years.  I realize these are insanely expensive but as I said I have been saving up and am close to pulling the trigger.  I would primarily use this in my garage hitting bay for testing carry distance and dispersion as well as use the simulator function for the range, skills and course play.  Wouldn’t be doing a full blown screen or projector at this point. Would hope to add that later.  I would also want to take this to the range some during the season for practice.  Been thinking QCquad for several reasons.  Primarily the ease of use in the new form factor and accuracy of the new design.  I like the fact that you have a larger hitting area and that it is easily transported to the range.  So my questions are should I get the club head feature?  I would like to have it but am not sure if it will be worth the money.  I worry about having the stickers on my gamers and one falling off during a tournament or something as well as having to replace these after playing outside.  So i guess I am looking for thoughts.  Is the GCQuad worth it?  Should I consider a GC2 or something else.  I appreciate any of your thoughts!!

WITB

Ping G400 9 Degree with Mitsubishi Chemical Kuro Kage 60 gram Stiff Shaft- Set to 10 Degrees

Titleist TS2 4 Wood 16.5 Degrees Mitsubishi Chemical (S) Tensei AV Series Blue

Titleist 818 H1 20 Degree Hybrid Mitsubishi Chemical (S) Tensei Pro Blue

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-5 Irons KBS C-Taper Lite (S) Standard Loft and Lie

Mizuno JPX 919 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite (S) Standard Loft and Lie

Titleist SM6 Vokey 50 (F Grind), 54 (S Grind), 58 (M Grind) DG Wedge Shaft

Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Blacked Out (35")

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA

I believe Ben Crane was assessed a penalty last season for having a sticker for the launch monitor on his driver face. If you're playing sanctioned events you'd likely have to peel them off each time out

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was thinking that would be an issue. Makes club data less appealing to me with GCQuad. Now that you mention it I remember that happening to Ben Crane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB

Ping G400 9 Degree with Mitsubishi Chemical Kuro Kage 60 gram Stiff Shaft- Set to 10 Degrees

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA

Ok Spies looking for some advice.  Been saving for a real launch monitor for years.  I realize these are insanely expensive but as I said I have been saving up and am close to pulling the trigger.  I would primarily use this in my garage hitting bay for testing carry distance and dispersion as well as use the simulator function for the range, skills and course play.  Wouldn’t be doing a full blown screen or projector at this point. Would hope to add that later.  I would also want to take this to the range some during the season for practice.  Been thinking QCquad for several reasons.  Primarily the ease of use in the new form factor and accuracy of the new design.  I like the fact that you have a larger hitting area and that it is easily transported to the range.  So my questions are should I get the club head feature?  I would like to have it but am not sure if it will be worth the money.  I worry about having the stickers on my gamers and one falling off during a tournament or something as well as having to replace these after playing outside.  So i guess I am looking for thoughts.  Is the GCQuad worth it?  Should I consider a GC2 or something else.  I appreciate any of your thoughts!!

Do you play in THAT many tournaments? I play one a year, so stickers wouldn’t be a big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Replacing the stickers takes about 1 minute and should not be a concern if you are spending the money to get the gcquad. In my opinion, I would want to also get the head data. When in look at the data on the gcquad without stickers I really miss that extra data. If u didn’t go with that option I’d start looking at other less expensive options.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Do you play in THAT many tournaments? I play one a year, so stickers wouldn’t be a big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. Not a ton. I play at least 6 a year. Some years more.

WITB

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA

I would want the HMT so I could tell what the head was doing to cause the ball to do what its doing. However, I would not let that stop me from getting the GC...as long as it has the option to upgrade to HMT later. Then I would start saving my pennies for the HMT. The stickers are just the cost of doing business...a little inconvenience and a little money. 

I'm just curious what about the quad appeals to you over skytrak? I get that quad is "better", but is it really 15k better? I guess if I had the money I'd go quad, but skytrak with a nice bay and great projector would be tempting

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I've been down this road of decision before. Top of the line launch monitors are expensive and I gave it some serious thought a few years back. And glad I did.

I finally determined it was a "want" and not a "need". A toy if you will and perhaps something to impress my buddies with for a day or two. Personally, I don't need that level of "data" for my game and if I do on occasion I can stop by a local shop and get it for free or for very little cost. I'm certainly not opposed to anyone buying a professional grade LM for themselves. Go for it. Heck, I'd like to come over and try it out. It's like the old saying, "the best boat I ever owned was my best friends". 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've been down this road of decision before. Top of the line launch monitors are expensive and I gave it some serious thought a few years back. And glad I did.
I finally determined it was a "want" and not a "need". A toy if you will and perhaps something to impress my buddies with for a day or two. Personally, I don't need that level of "data" for my game and if I do on occasion I can stop by a local shop and get it for free or for very little cost. I'm certainly not opposed to anyone buying a professional grade LM for themselves. Go for it. Heck, I'd like to come over and try it out. It's like the old saying, "the best boat I even owned was my best friends". 

Yeah. It’s totally a want. Not to impress my friends. In fact I am a little embarrassed to be considering it. However I am passionate about golf. I don’t really expect great improvement or anything. Hopefully some. Really think the range and simulator capabilities would be a blast to use in the long IA winters. That’s Iowa, not Ohio or Idaho. Those are different places . Reason I haven’t is because it is so darn expensive for one thing the other is so always wondering if I won’t enjoy the purchase as much as I think I would. I don’t have access to big box golf stores to hit on a launch monitor without a 2 hour drive. Thanks for your input. Honestly wanted to hear other perspectives which is why I posted it originally.

WITB

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA

Yeah. It’s totally a want. Not to impress my friends. In fact I am a little embarrassed to be considering it. However I am passionate about golf. I don’t really expect great improvement or anything. Hopefully some. Really think the range and simulator capabilities would be a blast to use in the long IA winters. That’s Iowa, not Ohio or Idaho. Those are different places . Reason I haven’t is because it is so darn expensive for one thing the other is so always wondering if I won’t enjoy the purchase as much as I think I would. I don’t have access to big box golf stores to hit on a launch monitor without a 2 hour drive. Thanks for your input. Honestly wanted to hear other perspectives which is why I posted it originally.

Based on your description I would consider a skytrak. Read Golfspy MPRs thread on getting to a single digit. He bought a skytrak and seems to love it.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Based on your description I would consider a skytrak. Read Golfspy MPRs thread on getting to a single digit. He bought a skytrak and seems to love it.

Thanks. I’ll check that out.

WITB

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA