Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review- Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedge

That's a bummer about your experience with the wedges. I'm curious how the length you ordered compares to your gamers? I know the XW-1 stock length is a little longer than the stock length on the SM5s I was playing. Seems like that could have very well been at least some part of the issue for you. Still, not every club is meant for every golfer and despite me giving them an overall positive review Bridgestone needs to do some work if they want to gain more traction in the wedge market. 

You definitely hit the nail on the head in regards to the length. I’m six foot one but I also have alligators arms so I ordered them an inch over standard. I didn’t realize stock they were a bit longer to begin with. I guess I ended up with an extra 1 1/2 inch. I’m sure the added length was a contributing factor.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Update - I took the 50* & 60* out of my bag. Not 100% ready to throw these wedges on the BST yet, but want to go back to a LW that I feel comfortable using for chips with a square face, which is my preferred shot for most chips. My Glide ES grind LW allows for that, and is a rock star out of bunkers. The 50* is more of a full shot club for me, and the Bridgestone's high-flying Modus 105 shaft can't compete with the heavier $-taper in my set GW.

I still have the Bridgestone 54* in the bag and love it for full swings and the more creative short game shots, but my OCD about matching SW & LW might lead me to go back to the Ping 54* too LOL.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:29 AM, hartrick11 said:

Update - I took the 50* & 60* out of my bag. Not 100% ready to throw these wedges on the BST yet, but want to go back to a LW that I feel comfortable using for chips with a square face, which is my preferred shot for most chips. My Glide ES grind LW allows for that, and is a rock star out of bunkers. The 50* is more of a full shot club for me, and the Bridgestone's high-flying Modus 105 shaft can't compete with the heavier $-taper in my set GW.

I still have the Bridgestone 54* in the bag and love it for full swings and the more creative short game shots, but my OCD about matching SW & LW might lead me to go back to the Ping 54* too LOL.

Gotta do what works for your game!

I'm still getting along okay with my set although I still wish they had a heavier shaft. Nonetheless, I haven't experienced any major issues even with the higher trajectory. I need to spend some more time at the range with the 58* though. I'm trying not to use it as a full swing club and it's had me guessing an awful lot on my yardages. With other clubs, if I know what a full swing is, I can usually get a good estimate on what a 3/4 or 1/2 swing will do.