Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

V - Sole Comparisons

Shankster

On 1/31/2021 at 10:56 AM, rbsiedsc said:

Based on everything I’ve heard you need to test these on grass to really understand the interaction. I never hit the vsole but people either say they love it or hate it with not much in between

Yep, I am in the hate camp but have some playing partners who love them.

My comment I made almost two years ago still stands today.  I absolutely love the vsole on Srixon irons.  I've got a set of Z745s that I'll likely never get rid of that are in my closet and I've been playing these Z965s for a couple years now.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

35 minutes ago, Smellis745 said:

My comment I made almost two years ago still stands today.  I absolutely love the vsole on Srixon irons.  I've got a set of Z745s that I'll likely never get rid of that are in my closet and I've been playing these Z965s for a couple years now.

I'm a sweeper and I love em! 

Put the 785s in the bag last year and once you get the right shaft in there these things are as good as any club on the market.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 2 weeks later...

I've always played Cleveland wedges, before I knew the V-sole was a thing. Once I got into golfing more (and got fit), I wound up wit some Srixons as well. A lot of that is because of the V-sole. I'm fairly steep and play a lot in the midwest where we can get damp/soggy conditions in certain areas and it definitely helps get the club through the turf. 

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with the Srixon rep about the v-sole thing and the love or hate talk on the street.  He said they offer little to no advantage or disadvantage to pickers and scalpers and lots of advantage for diggers.  This makes lots of sense.  I'm sure I'll notice more distinct attributes with on course play conditions, but during the tests on the range, they felt really good.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I spoke with the Srixon rep about the v-sole thing and the love or hate talk on the street.  He said they offer little to no advantage or disadvantage to pickers and scalpers and lots of advantage for diggers.  This makes lots of sense.  I'm sure I'll notice more distinct attributes with on course play conditions, but during the tests on the range, they fely really good.

Sounds good... really good!!  I prefer dark beer; a porter or an Irish Stout.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am more of a sweeper or picker, but sometimes when I move the ball back in my stance for wind or chipping, my swing can get a little steep, but the 785's with the v sole works  very well. I look at the v sole design as an insurance policy.

Edited by Puttingmatt

• 2 years later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, Shankster said:

Ok. I haven’t played a V-Sole iron or wedge that I remember. Other than the obvious spec difference between the bounce, brand, and the other obvious stuff.... like grips, and anything else that is well written. And that too.

Hogan vs Srixon

What’s the big deal with a V- Sole?

Has anyone used both of these? Which did you prefer, what is your swing type? Digger, picker, trencher, nipper?

Convince me that I need to try either one of these. You can use the 965 Srixon if you have that experience.

It’s time to buzz the tower.

IMG_5188.JPGIMG_5189.PNGIMG_5190.JPG

I know I’m late to this thread, but I’ve been gaming the Hogan icon irons for the past couple years and I love them. The v sole on these irons give me the best turf interaction any iron I’ve played with. I also game the hogan equalizer 2 wedge and love them for that exact same reason. I’m a bit of a digger and have a steep swing. I do feel that the v sole helps with a steep swing path. 

Driver: TSR4

3W: Cobra F7

Irons:Ben Hogan Icon

50&54: Ben Hogan Equalizer 2

58: Taylormade Hi Toe 3